It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California woman faces possible jail time for selling signature dish online

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

it is sad reading this thread and seeing people willfully and provocatively wanting more regulation than we already have....apparently we are not allowed to exercise common sense any more and

Who's asking for more regulation? There are scientific/health reasons for food to be prepared in accordance with hygiene and safe cooking practises in a licensed food establishment.

Honestly why was this thread even started - try opening a business without insurance without trained staff and when someone gets sick and sues you successfully taking your assets/house if you haven't got the cash then let's see how that works out for you.

There is a reason why business have public liability professional indemnity and workers compensation insurance's. It protects the public, the workers, and other business's you deal with.
Once and for all answer me this you special people would you have a surgeon cut you open that didn't have insurance or wasn't licensed by the state and operated on your kitchen table rather than at a hospital?

Seriously, did I time travel back to the 1700's?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yeah, I bet you would. You'd run to the closest Lawyer to sue

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I don't know where violence comes into the equation, but lets do as you say and do away with all training, regulations licensing. Whilst we're at it stop regular maintenance of aircraft, and let any one without a license fly a plane.

I can just picture you being the first to jump on the cut price airline. San Fransisco to Bali only $100, bring your own lifejacket.

In your thread below you actually condoned a dictatorship - what's that all about?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are you suggesting that the food police railroad in people who want to host their friends to dinner now

That's a long bow you're stretching - big difference between selling cooked food out of your unsanitized kitchen to the public and sharing a meal with friends.

I must be in the twilight zone

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Hell man, I had to take a break to cool off. I I think squirrel is at least as good as dark meat chicken, possibly better. Hell of a lot better than chicken breast.

I'll eat anything with meat on it.

There have to be standards for the general public. It's a long food chain for most grocery consumers and without protection that long food chain is subject to contamination from either unintentional, or intentional, contamination.

I'm against excessive government regulation. I'm against fining lemonade stands, but we need a standard.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Are you suggesting that the food police railroad in people who want to host their friends to dinner now

That's a long bow you're stretching - big difference between selling cooked food out of your unsanitized kitchen to the public and sharing a meal with friends.

I must be in the twilight zone

Considering she basically offered the extra from a meal she had just got done feeding her own family ...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
No they are there to protect morons like you that have no idea how to tell for themselves....whether you like it or not it should be my choice to buy whatever i like and my choice to decide if it is good or bad for me....i feel sorry for you that you are unable to make that distinction

I feel sorry for you since you have not read in this post that I am a health inspector and am more than capable of assessment of risk.

What I am saying, in spite of your ranting, is that professionals should be assessing risk from food and water sources.

Would you like Flint, Michigan to happen everywhere? Public Health is what protects your ignorant ass from eating and drinking things that will kill you.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I feel sorry for you since you have not read in this post that I am a health inspector and am more than capable of assessment of risk.

What I am saying, in spite of your ranting, is that professionals should be assessing risk from food and water sources.

Absolutely ...all commercial food and drink operations need oversight, i am not disputing that...

Would you like Flint, Michigan to happen everywhere? Public Health is what protects your ignorant ass from eating and drinking things that will kill you.

Now you are carrying on like chicken little,....people should be able to have the choice to buy foods from granny if they choose too, and yes that means knowing fully well that the food was prepared at home by (insert person of choice), and not in a commercial operation

You live in a bubble mate and thats why i said do not go to asia you will have a meltdown....

I enjoy my freedom of choice.....i choose to buy whatever the hell i like from whoever i like and i feel confident the choices i make will serve me just fine

As far as you being a food inspector goes if that is true i think you should pick up your game because far too many commercial eateries are responsible for poisoning people....

edit on 13-11-2016 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

You can do whatever you want.... as I have said exhaustively, when you buy food. You cannot do whatever you want when you sell food. USA is not Asia. You just don't get it. That's fine, we disagree. The majority of people in the US want regulations for safe food and water. If they don't they should elect people who want to deregulate it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The majority of people in the US want regulations for safe food and water.

Fair enough....perhaps the system needs changing then because with all the oversight rules and regulations Flint Michigan's scenarios still happen far too much...lets face people get sick and die despite regulations....sure they help but are in no way fool proof

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

We can agree on that, but Flint is pretty isolated. Once is too much, but systemic water failure is pretty rare.

The food chain is regulated all the way from farm to table. A single restaurant or person selling food has limited reach. A nation-wide distributor can get people sick in entire regions.

In reality, where I am now, we are very liberal with policy. You can buy from granny here. I also buy farm eggs at the store which is technically against the law. I have the benefit of having moved to a very rural county though.

I apologize for calling your ass ignorant. As I mentioned I took a break from this thread to allow myself to regain composure. It was inappropriate and petty. I don't actually believe that. I hope you were not offended.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Its all good, no offense taken....my first post to you likely raised your blood pressure, i come across abrasive sometimes i do not mean to its just the way i process info ...

I respect your opinion and i appreciate your candor ...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

from the opening quote

sold some of the meals she cooked online, which county officials say is illegal.

I'll repeat what I wrote...I don't think it's that hard to understand.

Who's asking for more regulation? There are scientific/health reasons for food to be prepared in accordance with hygiene and safe cooking practises in a licensed food establishment.

Honestly why was this thread even started - try opening a business without insurance without trained staff and when someone gets sick and sues you successfully taking your assets/house if you haven't got the cash then let's see how that works out for you.

There is a reason why business have public liability professional indemnity and workers compensation insurance's. It protects the public, the workers, and other business's you deal with. Once and for all answer me this you special people would you have a surgeon cut you open that didn't have insurance or wasn't licensed by the state and operated on your kitchen table rather than at a hospital?

Seriously, did I time travel back to the 1700's?

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't know where violence comes into the equation, but lets do as you say and do away with all training, regulations licensing. Whilst we're at it stop regular maintenance of aircraft, and let any one without a license fly a plane.

I can just picture you being the first to jump on the cut price airline. San Fransisco to Bali only $100, bring your own lifejacket.

In your thread below you actually condoned a dictatorship - what's that all about?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.

All laws are ultimately enforceable only through the threat or application of violence. (See Eric Garner)

We are not a democracy, we are a republic.

The quote from Alexander Tytler is a warning, not a prescription.
edit on 24-11-2016 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You avoided the actual question - would you fly on a $100 ticket, or suspect they took shortcuts absence a regulatory framework/maintenance/enforcement?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join