It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive : Virginia Gov Pardons 60000 felons enough to swing election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Virginia deadline for registering to vote was Oct 21st so the article doesn't seem very legit.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Kali74

Virginia deadline for registering to vote was Oct 21st so the article doesn't seem very legit.

Even better.

Rawr

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Just the headline alone causes one to question it's validity. 60,000 convicted felons? All at once? Man oh man.

So anyway I jumped in here to see just what the OPs take was, was it doubt at the in credulousness of the headline, or would the OP pick up the mantle and run with it. Well, now I know.

The way it went.... he sought to en masse pardon 200.000 inmats back into voting rights. Congress pickedup on it and stopped him. At that point he had already signed 13.000.

After the issues he resumed and according to himself they managed to do 13.000 singles.
But the election commission estimates now that they somehow managed around 60.000 singles :O

But hey.... it goes well with Obama telling illegals to vote without reprecussions. :S

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It's legit.... it's recapping and clearly states that this was done before the deadline was past.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I looked for a legitimate source as well, but haven't found one yet.

virginia-court-invalidates-gov-terry-mcauliffes-order-restoring-felon-voting-rights/

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

So old news excluding important details in order to get attention.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
The scariest thing is, in quite a number of apocalyptic films, there is a female POTUS at the centre of the plot.

The only bright side if she wins Tuesday is that there's two months between election day and Inauguration Day. Karma only needs a minute to cause a heart attack, stroke, or a debillitating episode to a most deserved 69 year old woman.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I looked for a legitimate source as well, but haven't found one yet.

virginia-court-invalidates-gov-terry-mcauliffes-order-restoring-felon-voting-rights/[/quote ]

WPost augst
edit on 6/11/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

No... it's not a breaking newspaper, it's an investigative one. Did you actually read the article, because it sounds like you didn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

the news is he used an automatic pen to inexplicably sign tens of thousands more forms for reinstatement of voting rights than initially reported.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The problem with someone doing something to buy votes is they have no way of ensuring the person votes the way they want, i'm fairly sure, even if this is true, they won't get all 60,000 to vote Clinton, I believe they would go ahead and vote the way they would normal. In fact, some of them might even vote Trump out of spite...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

No... it's not a breaking newspaper, it's an investigative one. Did you actually read the article, because it sounds like you didn't.

I have seen better investigative work from ATS authors.

All the info could be found on google going back a month or more so please don't insult investigative journalism by comparing it to this click bait.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

I have seen better investigative work from ATS authors.

All the info could be found on google going back a month or more so please don't insult investigative journalism by comparing it to this click bait.

What a load of crock...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Felons should have every right to vote as Jon Felons IMHO... If they feel the laws they broke were unjust where would be their voice?

I

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Why would the felons vote Clinton? I would have thought because she was in charge when they went to prison (Jail I dunno I'm a Brit) they would be all like "Yeah well f you I'm voting Trump".

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

If they served their time they should be able to vote or we would have a whole populace of none voters....angry ones.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
Why would the felons vote Clinton? I would have thought because she was in charge when they went to prison (Jail I dunno I'm a Brit) they would be all like "Yeah well f you I'm voting Trump".

Because the main inmate population is..... black.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Wait I thought Trump had many black pals and his support was yuge with them?.
Or so he says is he lying?.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So the title of this thread is misleading at best. The governor did not pardon felons in order to give them the opportunity to vote, but rather attempted to change the existing policy that disenfranchised felons who have served their time.

Is this correct?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
So the title of this thread is misleading at best. The governor did not pardon felons in order to give them the opportunity to vote, but rather attempted to change the existing policy that disenfranchised felons who have served their time.

Is this correct?

"but rather attempted to change the outcome of this election with the stroke of an automatic pen"

there, corrected (the record) for ya

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join