It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive : Virginia Gov Pardons 60000 felons enough to swing election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

They invalidated because the Governor used a blanket order when the law requires a case by case review / decision. Hence the sham use of the auto pen.
edit on 6-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Just the headline alone causes one to question it's validity. 60,000 convicted felons? All at once? Man oh man.

So anyway I jumped in here to see just what the OPs take was, was it doubt at the in credulousness of the headline, or would the OP pick up the mantle and run with it. Well, now I know.

The way it went.... he sought to en masse pardon 200.000 inmats back into voting rights. Congress pickedup on it and stopped him. At that point he had already signed 13.000.

After the issues he resumed and according to himself they managed to do 13.000 singles.
But the election commission estimates now that they somehow managed around 60.000 singles :O

But hey.... it goes well with Obama telling illegals to vote without reprecussions. :S

So you're saying this too is an obvious hoax built on an obvious false premise, all of which is clearly completely false?

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

* - The governor signed an EO en masse for 200k felons, restoring their voting rights.
* - The action was challenged because Virgina law requires a case by case review / determination.
* - The Governor then used an autopen to "individually sign" the individual orders restoring voting rights.
* - His office claimed 13,000 were restored.
* - The election commission is reporting 60,000 were restored.

People are fixated on the use of the incorrect term "pardon" in this instance.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21478792]Grimpachi[/pos

This news is from August 22. But I think too, the felons will vote for Trump, not Clinton.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

This news is from August 22. But I think too, the felons will vote for Trump, not Clinton.

Most low class felons are Democrat , so why wouldnt they vote for Clinton ?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I am going to ask a question and before I do no offense is meant -

Has anyone checked to see if the "pardons" handed out to the 60k felons are a mix of all ethnic backgrounds or if they were geared to only minorities.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Gothmog

I am going to ask a question and before I do no offense is meant -

Has anyone checked to see if the "pardons" handed out to the 60k felons are a mix of all ethnic backgrounds or if they were geared to only minorities.

And I meant no offense. I bet they are a mix of ethnic backgrounds.Unfortunately , most are minorities.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Given the outcome of the election I guess its a moot point now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join