It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive : Virginia Gov Pardons 60000 felons enough to swing election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Democracy LOL

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has granted voting rights to as many as 60,000 convicted felons just in time for them to register to vote, nearly five times more than previously reported and enough to win the state for his long-time friend, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. McAuliffe sought to allow all of Virginia’s estimated 200,000 felons to vote, but state courts said each individual felon’s circumstances must be weighed. To get around that, McAuliffe used a mechanical autopen to rapidly sign thousands of letters, as if he had personally reviewed them, even as his office was saying the total was 13,000. Now, The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group has learned that McAuliffe — who managed Clinton’s unsuccessful 2008 presidential campaign — churned out five times as many letters before the registration deadline than publicly claimed.

The rule of law is over.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

What has happened to the America i grew up in?
The whole power structure seems to be bent on destroying the USA from the inside out.
edit on 6-11-2016 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Rule of law isn't over- it's just getting started for you and I. We will be ruled by law, and they will control the law from above.

If this weren't so pathetic it'd be hilarious.

I wonder if this clowns name is showing up in the podesta emails at all- I bet he's doing this for clinton to try and get his name on the list of criminals that go to prison when wikileaks finishes their game with her.

Crooked wanker.
edit on 6-11-2016 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Does not mean they are voting for her. She is the one that pushed for strict laws to lock people up for minor offenses. A felon would support Trump IMO. The system in place now probably locked them up for something trivial. It could totally backfire.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
Does not mean they are voting for her. She is the one that pushed for strict laws to lock people up for minor offenses. A felon would support Trump IMO. The system in place now probably locked them up for something trivial. It could totally backfire.

The Democratic governor’s decision particularly affects black residents of Virginia: 1 in 4 African Americans in the state has been permanently banned from voting because of laws restricting the rights of those with convictions.

mmmhhmmmm......

link   
Just the headline alone causes one to question it's validity. 60,000 convicted felons? All at once? Man oh man.

So anyway I jumped in here to see just what the OPs take was, was it doubt at the in credulousness of the headline, or would the OP pick up the mantle and run with it. Well, now I know.

link   
Wow , what a creative approach to ' democracy ' we have in America ! I'm now looking for soft sand in which to bury my head...a reply to: dashen

link   

Between this, the Obamacare price hikes and the latest FBI announcement,
I think I'll just retreat into my blanket fort.........

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Individuals convicted of a felony are ineligible to vote while incarcerated, on parole, or on probation. Voting rights are automatically restored two years after the completion of all supervised release (except if convicted of treason). Ex-offenders should re-register to vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wait a second, how is he bad when, as far as I know, the constitution doesn't forbid people from voting if they've committed a crime??

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In Virginia, non-violent felons are granted the priveledge to vote only after they have completed parole.

Here's a list of state voting laws in regards to those convicted of a felony.

felonvoting.procon.org...

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

originally posted by: LifeMode

The Democratic governor’s decision particularly affects black residents of Virginia: 1 in 4 African Americans in the state has been permanently banned from voting because of laws restricting the rights of those with convictions.

mmmhhmmmm......

But who locked them up. Crash Test Dummy that one...mmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Cann cannn cannnn youuuuu uuuuu hearrrrrrr meeeeeeeeee? Just for fun I went to google and looked for who is pushing this. Only in the last few hours and it has been picked up by conservative sounding website after website. The echo-chamber is reverberating with it. Go see for yourself. And when you are done, check out this thread posted earlier on ATS about phony websites.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   

Why shouldn't felons be allowed to vote?

link   
I can scarcely believe what I see and hear at this point. This country...this reality, has become a sick joke.

2nd

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

for the same reason they shouldnt be president

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Redwookieaz
I can scarcely believe what I see and hear at this point. This country...this reality, has become a sick joke.

2nd

You would do well to question what you see and hear. As you can read above, this thread is built on a faulty premise. None of these newly released felons (assuming that part is true) have the ability to cast a vote until their parole has been completed.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I looked for a legitimate source as well, but haven't found one yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Why shouldn't felons be allowed to vote?

You obviously have never been a victim of a serious crime. Imagine being beaten half to death by someone over $4 in your wallet. They also have someone hold you down and piss in your face then steal your car. So you are saying this person should be allowed to vote?

Go be a victim and comeback to the conversation.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The scariest thing is, in quite a number of apocalyptic films, there is a female POTUS at the centre of the plot.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I don't know how things work but this feels like rigging!

*sigh*

<<   2  3  4 >>

join