It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does "time" really exist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Well, I read your so-called rant and I believe that we (and all things) are not nor have ever been stationary at any point in time after the alleged Big Bang.

What is seen is moving - but what is seeing stays exactly where it is.
You have assumed that you are a thing - and this is no surprise because it is what you have been taught.

Look now at what is really happening. The scenery is constantly changing but what you are never changes or goes anywhere. Even the body is part of the scenery - everything that appears is changing - but that which knows there is change does not change or move.

A thought may speak about other times but you are always now.

Now is I am. Now is existence.

How could 'you' appear to be separate if time is not believed? It is the belief in time which creates the illusion of a separate you. If it is realised that there is no time that would mean the end of a separate you.

Now is happening as what is. What is IS.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What is IS energy and energy is always in motion and motion/force exists within the space-time fabric of existence, so my beliefs matter not as we are all part of/witness to the reality of energy in physical form and perhaps not-yet-known forces, time being one of them. We are part of the All, and the All is part of us, and it is always in motion; this I feel and know when my spirit leaves my body.

edit on 25-11-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Where is time? Can you see time? Or can you just see what is appearing now?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

time exists as a human concept because we gave it conscious thought

see time as flow/flux instead of like counting things , think of time as a flowing river instead
makes it much nicer for me anyways

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Where is time? Can you see time? Or can you just see what is appearing now?

We must define time. I believe it to be an energetic force, perhaps more of a creation force, that which we are ignorant of at this point in our evolution, but a reality we know here on Earth - to be born, grow old, then die as all things must; a force.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

A young child has no concept of time - to a young child there is only what is happening - a child has to be taught about the concept (idea) of time. There is only ever what is happening and what can happen is thoughts of other than what there is - this produces the illusion of time and space. But there is only ever what is happening and what is happening is not happening at any other 'time' but now.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

A young child has no concept of time - to a young child there is only what is happening - a child has to be taught about the concept (idea) of time. There is only ever what is happening and what can happen is thoughts of other than what there is - this produces the illusion of time and space. But there is only ever what is happening and what is happening is not happening at any other 'time' but now.

That young child will age and notice a physical change, that person will learn there is a change by observation and perhaps question why or not. If that person questions the reason for the change, it matters not what illusion or concept is attributed to the change, the change is reality.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

That young child will age and notice a physical change, that person will learn there is a change by observation and perhaps question why or not.

It can been noticed that all that appears changes - but That which notices the changing never changes. There is a knowing of all apparent changes.

If that person questions the reason for the change, it matters not what illusion or concept is attributed to the change, the change is reality.
Everything that appears is changing - but the space in which they change is constantly the same.

I liken it to the tv screen - the tv screen is always present but gets overlooked when there is a moving image appearing on it - the image appearing on the screen is moving but the screen never goes anywhere.
edit on 25-11-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

That young child will age and notice a physical change, that person will learn there is a change by observation and perhaps question why or not.

It can been noticed that all that appears changes - but That which notices the changing never changes. There is a knowing of all apparent changes.

If that person questions the reason for the change, it matters not what illusion or concept is attributed to the change, the change is reality.
Everything that appears is changing - but the space in which they change is constantly the same.

I liken it to the tv screen - the tv screen is always present but gets overlooked when there is a moving image appearing on it - the image appearing on the screen is moving but the screen never goes anywhere.

You are then ignoring the physical (ageing and ultimate physical death as per the laws of creation (time?)) side of one's existence, which I do not, therein lies the split in our paths. I understand perfectly what concept you are putting forth and I too could separate myself from the physical entirely, but the physical is also my reality (whether illusion or not) and within that physical reality is a world of wonder and knowledge to be had - a fleeting gift, if you will.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I understand perfectly what concept you are putting forth and I too could separate myself from the physical entirely, but the physical is also my reality (whether illusion or not) and within that physical reality is a world of wonder and knowledge to be had - a fleeting gift, if you will.

I have not separated myself from physical reality - I am the aware screen which contains the appearance (apparent existence/physical reality).
The tv screen cannot separate itself from the image appearing within it.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I understand perfectly what concept you are putting forth and I too could separate myself from the physical entirely, but the physical is also my reality (whether illusion or not) and within that physical reality is a world of wonder and knowledge to be had - a fleeting gift, if you will.

I have not separated myself from physical reality - I am the aware screen which contains the appearance (apparent existence/physical reality).
The tv screen cannot separate itself from the image appearing within it.

Upon physical death (matter/energy decay), as with all things, our varying atomic particles will separate and if what we are IS then let's hope our essence is made of those types of neutrons that never decay, never age. Which would mean that your philosophy will be true, in that, we will not follow the arrow of time, rather we will become part of the All. Whether or not consciousness is made of these neutrons is a guess.

Almost all particles known to us decay, most very rapidly. The only known stable particles in nature (for reasons to be explained later) are

the electron (and anti-electron) the lightest of the three types of neutrinos (and its anti-particle) the photon (which is its own anti-particle)

the graviton (which has not yet been observed and won’t be detectable any time soon, though gravitational waves have been indirectly detected and probably will be observed soon) Then there are some particles that might be stable but probably are just extremely long-lived — with lifetimes so long that only a small number of them have decayed since the Big Bang. These probably-metastable particles include the other neutrinos (and anti-neutrinos … I’m going to stop mentioning the anti-stuff, it goes without saying)

The proton (which is not an elementary particle, see here)

Many atomic nuclei (the cores of all the types of atoms we see around us) The other rather long-lived particle is the neutron, which when on its own, outside an atomic nucleus, lives just 15 minutes or so.

But neutrons inside many atomic nuclei can live far longer than the age of the universe; such nuclei provide them with a stable home.

profmattstrassler.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
But what if you are not a thing? What if you are the knowing space in which apparent things appear and disappear?
edit on 25-11-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

But what if you are not a thing? What if you are the knowing space in which apparent things appear and disappear?

Do you mean, what if we are gods - or of the God particle?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Do you mean, what if we are gods - or of the God particle?

No.
I don't mean anything abstract - it is what is happening. You are the knowing space in which apparent things come and go. Thoughts appear, sound appears - everything is appearing and changing but the knowing space has to be present prior to any appearance.
Just like the tv screen has to be there before a moving image can appear on it. The tv screen is the space on which the moving image appears - the moving image takes the attention and the screen is overlooked.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is a measurement an expanse from a point of nothing into the point of infinity known as entropy... a distance of time or distance of mind... in awareness and unawareness. Unawareness is the void detachment yet there is still consciousness but to what is it anchored or rooted floating around now here now there in that great expanse of entropy. In awareness many things arise and pass, where consciousness sits there it is... is it on the task that is arising and passing in mindfulness of being and form or being pulled into some void of unawareness attached or anchored to something other than what is occuring?

This is the difference between asleep and awake... placing the conscious awareness moment by moment can be pulled back to task over and over again instead of chasing entropy over and over endlessly into dream after dream bubble after bubble grasping and grasping never fullfilled in what is that moment... the task gets done in that moment but when is such a thing arising or passing in the dream or in wakefullness? When one is alseep and off dreaming in thought who is doing the task for you? Auto pilot? The void itself when the void receeds the mind comes back to task in that moment.

With practice the void or awareness of consciousness, does not leave the moment in which it is occuring outside of the moment in time or place in which it is occuring in that sphere of consciousness in which it is arising and passing in that moment of time.

the task in that moment as it is arising is what is occuring or happening in that moment or space in time in which it is occuring in the consciousness in which it is happening or one is consciously aware of in it's contact of occuring.

Seeing is the fastest of all contact in consciousness... hearing the second fastest consciousness... touch or contact is always occuring in the consciousness feeling perception the mind grasping at sensations as good, bad or pleasant forms the place in which the consciousness wishes to reside in one of ease or in one of pain... ease can become pain in attachment in fear of losing that ease, pain can be transended and give way to ease. The attachment to what will bring ease or bring pain is individualistic to the observer or light itself in the awareness of being or consciousness in which the other 5 senses reside.... becoming is being aware of which sense is occuring as it is arising and passing in the consciousness in which it is arising and passing.

Being fully aware of touch or contact in and of itself concepts will arise as a label or commentary to what is occuring but to whom is it occuring? All 5 to be interpreted by the 6th one calls a self?

Well when sight is not occuring to consciousness then to whom is it occuring, hearing when not focused on hearing then to whom is the label or hearing occuring, the same is similar to all of those experiences can the mind hold all of them in conscious awareness as one being at one time? In the void of being with no attachment to labels or concepts simply being in awareness in and of itself... focusing on the spphere of speech it becomes speech, focusing on the sphere or sound it becomes sound... etc etc.

The consciousness is where one places it moment to moment as a being in and of itself... memory is a recall of something that occured to which one is attached to in the moment in which it occured it is no longer present or occuring in which the memory of that event one wishes to recall it occuring...

Being no longer that moment the recall of it ceases to be what it once was and then becomes something else each time it is occuring in memory and not at that point of time in which it occurred as a single point and all else entropied out of... if one roots themselves or attaches oneself to that point in time as an anchor than that is a weight or root from out of which that grows.

Letting go or trimming all of that out that is no longer occuring allows the gift of the present moment of awareness to arise and pass.

Free. Not subject to any recall or memory of the 5 senses to be held in bondage by a mind or self one takes to be a self as a conglomerate or a whole that takes suffering as suffering joy as joy attached to things not oneself in concept not aware of the nature of the voidness in which it all springs for from every single point of conscious awareness as it is placed moment by moment by moment.

Awareness of contact one becomes that contact, be it the eye, the ear, the tongue, the nose, or mind... attachment to any of that contact as good or bad is a memory in that ego self and something either one craves or tries to create in formation to repeat, the mind or memory that sees it as bad tries to bury it and run away from it this creates a cyclic process or circular thinking simply due to attachment out of a singularity that is no longer arising and passing without the attachment or aid to do so... or chasing that rabbit called entropy down the rabbit hole.

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Human? Apes, monkeys dogs, dolphins all don't feel time?

posted on Nov, 25 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Fabulous post.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheesh

I don't know about the others; but when you hit 42, the dolphins are still laughing at you...

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Yes fabricated like the rest of the conceptual web and there it lay.

Go... you're free fly away!

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Time 4D, the movement of a 3 dimensional object in a 3 dimensional space .

The closer, harder you look at a period of time, the slower, it will appear to transpire.

Time never stops, only slows to appear stoped.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join