It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Does "time" really exist?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheesh
a reply to: underwerks

Human? Apes, monkeys dogs, dolphins all don't feel time?

Tell that to your dog, when he tears the # out of your house , for leaving him alone to long.

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: InTheLight
But what if you are not a thing? What if you are the knowing space in which apparent things appear and disappear?

Do you mean, what if we are gods - or of the God particle?

(One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do / Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one)

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

Attachment to dimensions only limits size of the matter, some don't mind but energy is all pervasive.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i think the belif that time is an illusion is comical. even if the universe itself is an illusion (and i think it is, its probably a simulation made by, well who knows) times still has to exist for this to happen. nothing happens if there is no time. time is a change in state 1 cant become a zero without time. it exists its a fundamental part of reality, we just dont understand exactly how it works.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

What is reality, what is necessary. Time is more of a consequences. It's not the reason.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Good luck with being at the center of that universe?

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
i think the belif that time is an illusion is comical. even if the universe itself is an illusion (and i think it is, its probably a simulation made by, well who knows) times still has to exist for this to happen. nothing happens if there is no time. time is a change in state 1 cant become a zero without time. it exists its a fundamental part of reality, we just dont understand exactly how it works.

I think you are missing the fundamental part of the argument. Man creates machines for measuring time. To claim time is a fundamental part of reality when it only exists artificially measured is the point. If the machines for measuring time did not exist then time would not exist. Reality would just be one continuous uninterrupted wave of change with no discrete steps. Everything that is discrete about reality is an invention in the mind of men.

edit on 1-12-2016 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wang Tang

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I can't see time. I can't hold time. I have no evidence that time exists other than indirectly from experience. This is not much different than the way people account for evidence for God. People worship time like they worship God. To suggest time does not exist is a blasphemy against their fanaticism.

I can't see gravity. I can't hold gravity. I have no evidence that time exists other than indirectly from experience.

I can't see English. I can't hold English. I have no evidence that English exists other than indirectly from experience.

If we conclude that time does not exist, then we will logically have to conclude that there are a great many other things that also do not exist.

Really, we are not debating time anymore. We are debating on what is the nature of existence.

Dark Energy is worse than gravity. At least with gravity you can see where it is coming from.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

it just makes sense to me. i believe the universe is a sort of simulation and you need to have time to have changes in states. problem is we dont know the first thing about how it actually works. maybe just like a cpu clock speed it slows down or speeds up based on how much processing is required. and since the universe is a big place separated by vast amounts of time we see far away things as being in the past since the time over there hasnt reached us yet. it would make sense that we see into the past when we look at far away systems because we haven't processed the information from far away since its just that, far away. if we assume the universe is a simulation we could assume that its recording whats going on, without the past there cant be a present. maybe what we are seeing when we look out into the stars what were seeing is a recording.

dont know if that makes sense anywhere other than my imagination =P.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

but arent we measuring time? i am... no need to introduce machines into the equation.

again i think time is just changes in state to me. i believe that the universe is a simulation and it runs the simulation because consciousness needs something to do. to have a thought you have to go from not having a thought to having that thought. how would you get there without time?

this is all a matter of belief i could see how fundamentalists would assume time is an illusion but i think time and consciousness are the only fundamental parts of reality, everything else is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

but arent we measuring time? i am... no need to introduce machines into the equation.

again i think time is just changes in state to me. i believe that the universe is a simulation and it runs the simulation because consciousness needs something to do. to have a thought you have to go from not having a thought to having that thought. how would you get there without time?

this is all a matter of belief i could see how fundamentalists would assume time is an illusion but i think time and consciousness are the only fundamental parts of reality, everything else is an illusion.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The speed of light seems to be a factor of time, as with in theory, by going faster than the speed of light, you would travel backwards in time.
This is interesting, but with,the fact, there is no correlation with the speed of light and traveling forward in time..
If you know of one please enlighten me, other than Star Trek

In regard to machine time, it is interesting that if you extend, the arms of a standard clock, you would notice the arms close to the center of the clock would be moving slow, compared with the speed of the arms at distance, which by comparison, would be traveling at a very high rate of speed. And being so, the thing is that it is all relative, as the time is moving at the same speed.Would appear, at distance though, could match and even surpass the speed of light, at least on paper, in theory, by speculation.

Another interesting premise of time, is that time, is that which prevents everything from occurring at the same instance. What if one had, this with the perspective, to precise the 4th dimension, as one perceives the 3rd dimension as a over view. Would be all knowing, God like, at least within that which quantifies the boundaries of this Universe.

At some point, in time it would become, quite easy to begin running simulations, as the main ingredient would already of been proven to be present, such as, a seeming infinite time to contrive the simulation and the substance to initiate a starting point for first simulation and any forth coming simulations to follow. 888888888888888888888888888888888888888
edit on 2-12-2016 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

My time is my own so thanks anyway... the light gives it the moon gives it this thing called electricity allows it and if not solar panels.

I dont ever synchronize my watch with anyone but If I did it would be with a wife. But other things would happen on her time.

If someone won't give you the time of day use that wisely as your own... this is advice to children and adults that can never seem to find any.

I've more projects than space currently allows and since idiots think driving is a priviledge and not a right that people pay for? Well it is what it is...

I dont name any form, funny when others come knocking things down like they own the place with names... they just sift themselves on through.

Vows of silence are a good thing and on a clear day as seeing grows? You can see forever.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It would seem you can see time, as I stated be for, time, the 4th dimension, is the movement of a 3 dimensional object, in a 3 dimensional space.
If you had a 3 dimensional space, in which you had no movement of another 3 dimensional object within these confines, you would then in effect, have a singularity. Then you would have the question, does time really stop within a singularity, as stated by many physicist, in my thought's time would not, could not stop, as that would in essence mean that nothing would ever occur.
In my thought's, theories, I would say something is still occurring within the singularity, such as preparation for the next simulation. Movement, action of some sort.

When these physicist, claim that time slows and stops within a black hole, they are severely mistaken, as if this did occur it would mean the end of the event, if a black hole is still feeding, this fact more than simplifies that movement is transpiring within the black hole it is not stopped, but dissembling elemental matter down to it's most basic components, now sure, your going to have some excess material, look what is going on, your making a thick quark Flambe. It's not going to evaporate such as a mini Black hole would,"Hawking's Radiation".

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That's interesting though, as the information is recorded and goes on for what could seem forever, recorded in photons, light.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OOOOOO

yes exactly.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I guess a particle has to be travelling at the speed of light for it to gain enough mass so that we can notice it in the first place?

If that particle gets ripped to shreds in a black hole, where will it wind-up?

To arrive from a singularity that a black hole is; can we study the other side of one?

A pillow case can be made inside out?

edit on (12/2/1616 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

The black pool of seeing is the pupil it dialates like a spincter the same as other spincters of the body. Well an entire galaxy is like eyes in platos cave... containing all knowledge of course macrocosim/microcosim.

Every single speck of light is a partcle the solidity and the spaciousness is variable yet filled the same way... in the micro or the macro. How many specks fill the sight?

How many of them do you name the same as everyone else? How many concepts do you grasp and hold?

Emptiness of being undoes all of the conceptual name grasping and naming of things it is simply contact... someone can exit the void or sleep and not name any thing just simply see, of course the seeing knows form without a name, the hearing knows sound without attachment, the contact of touch knows neither pain nor pleasure taste variable smell same way.

Of course in such a manner of being what is there except simplicity yet understanding the complexity as it is the conglomerate that others are attached to as an existant reality, of course extremes are simply seeing limits one end to the other a title back and forth when it all is simply spin what rolls or flows on by in a particulate mass in such a manner one moves at the speed of light sound is much slower yet still travels around the world in less than 33 hours.

If one can sit in the void of being then for over 33 hours all sound has traveled around the globe... it will sound as a sort vibration or ping against the crystaline mass clear seeing takes place from the 3rd eye crystaline mass and clear hearing comes from the auditory crystaline mass of course, crystals bend and refract light...

So beings of light... pulses of waves reflecting and refracting or simply a mirror that beeds no reflection they bounce and bend on their own in non attachment and just "are" those holding those attachments direct their energy towards others in conceptual grasping and some sense of being with intent of attachment that comes in the way of positive being negative being in the life cloud or mass of consciousness.

We can love in someones made up world and be subjects to it or vomit all that nonsense out and just be.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
For you to believe you are separate - time has to be believed in.
What is happening now is all there is.

What is separate from what is happening?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join