It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This post is just my thoughts on religion and its non-existence of evidence.

Yes. 1,000,000 topics about religion, god and everything in-between. However I just want to offer a little thinking outside the box for some among ATS. I thought it would be fun. Before I start, I am an Atheist. Proud to say so.

A little quote I enjoyed and I think shines light on the whole situation.

"Let's imagine that we have a conversation one day and I say to you, "I believe in Leprechauns. You cannot prove that Leprechauns do not exist, therefore they exist." You actually have heard of Leprechauns. There are lots of books, movies and fairy tales dealing with Leprechauns. People talk about Leprechauns all the time. Leprechauns even have a popular brand of breakfast cereal. That does not mean that Leprechauns exist."

link

Obviously religion holds on true beautiful message, that everyone will be ok, everything happens for a reason and you and I will forever be happy jolly people. However daily life reminds me and my of us, that this is not the case. Disease, war, famine, violence, racism. The list goes on....

Stephen Hawking put it rather wonderfully...

"What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?"

link

We have always (under religious eyes) been set up to fail. A baby born with no crimes, wrong doings or any bad thought. IS already deemed to hell. You would think in the even simple of minds that would seem a little off.

The biggest question that should occur in rational minds is that. Have we ever not been able to achieve the things we set our minds to? Most of what we have dreamed, we have made happen and also continue to achieve and create. Creating things like the The Artificial Heart, Computers/Internet/Microchip, Satellites, Landing on the Moon and Cloning. To name a few.

The point being we are our own creators now. We should not be able to create if the creator created us. We should not obtain those powers, yet we do. The magician does not give away his secret, otherwise the trick would not seem so impressive.

and most importantly. If we live in a world where religion is above the law and cannot be questioned in this way, then we live in a very worrying age. Putting it simply in the below quote by Rowan Atkinson.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Be prepared for the whole "how can you compare god to leprechauns?" argument.

As for the actual thread? Loved it. Very well thought out and a well earned star and flag from me.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Be prepared for the whole "how can you compare god to leprechauns?" argument.

As for the actual thread? Loved it. Very well thought out and a well earned star and flag from me.

Thank you very much.

Yeah I thought it would be fun to see the fallout.

...not in an inflammatory way mind you. Just, it is the same thing yet people really get protective over their own leprechaun story.

edit on 30-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You don't have to convince me.
We used to refuel in Shannon going over and coming back.
During the stopover I'd always get a few pints of Guinness.
The glass would always be empty when I came back from the loo.
The entire crew agreed it was Leprechauns.

Buck

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

We should not be able to create if the creator created us. We should not obtain those powers, yet we do

Why not? What's your rational mechanism for arriving at this assertion?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

We should not be able to create if the creator created us. We should not obtain those powers, yet we do

Why not? What's your rational mechanism for arriving at this assertion?

Because, oh well. This fellow (and it is a he, supposedly
) holds all power and something the human mind could not conceive or perceive. Yet, whats this. We are doing those very things? Amazing.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Before I start, I am an Atheist. Proud to say so.

Proud, you may well be, but 'atheist' still isn't a proper noun.

"Let's imagine that we have a conversation one day and I say to you, "I believe in Leprechauns. You cannot prove that Leprechauns do not exist, therefore they exist." You actually have heard of Leprechauns. There are lots of books, movies and fairy tales dealing with Leprechauns. People talk about Leprechauns all the time. Leprechauns even have a popular brand of breakfast cereal. That does not mean that Leprechauns exist."

True, but so what?

You might like to look at Icelandic culture, where the 'little people' are taken very seriously indeed, most people believe in them, and it is even believed that they can be angered by construction projects and need appeasing.

Are Icelanders therefore a lesser people as a result of this belief? Are they somehow mentally abnormal? Is Icelandic culture a dangerous sham to entrap the feeble-minded? Would you or any of your atheist kin go to Iceland and campaign as vociferously against the Elf-belief as you do against God? These are rhetorical questions.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

ho-hum...

... zzzzz

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

People who know that God exists. Don't imagine that God exists, they know.

Only People who dont understand would have to imagine what God is. These People are the once who create these ideas you bring to the table. You are speaking from a mind of a Atheist. You would have to imagine to try and make sense. But its not working so you think you have a argument.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Because, oh well. This fellow (and it is a he, supposedly ) holds all power and something the human mind could not conceive or perceive. Yet, whats this. We are doing those very things? Amazing.

Fair enough, sounds like your intuition suggests this to you, just so you understand that your explanation doesn't give you a logical warrant for concluding that:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Before I start, I am an Atheist. Proud to say so.

Proud, you may well be, but 'atheist' still isn't a proper noun.

True, but so what?

You might like to look at Icelandic culture, where the 'little people' are taken very seriously indeed, most people believe in them, and it is even believed that they can be angered by construction projects and need appeasing.

Are Icelanders therefore a lesser people as a result of this belief? Are they somehow mentally abnormal? Is Icelandic culture a dangerous sham to entrap the feeble-minded? Would you or any of your atheist kin go to Iceland and campaign as vociferously against the Elf-belief as you do against God? These are rhetorical questions.

You would never find me campaigning against any religion as it is literally time wasted. Religious people are indoctrinated at brith mainly from their parents, is it not a coincidence that the majority of religious people follow the same religion as their parents. I guess not.

The point you bring up is that of no evidence once again. So yes I find it hard to allow my rational mind to allow such leprechaun stories to unfold as something substantial.

There is evidence of abnormalities in brains depending on where you are from yes. It is known that even some parts of the world would draw something entirely different on perception.

Deregowski found that the 2-D perceivers prefer split type drawings to the perspective type. Split drawings are drawings that depict the essential characteristics of an object even if all those characteristics cannot be seen from a single view point.

This is normally culturally not just one of two people. So the worlds views can change depending on where you are in the world to stories your told.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Good post. But you forgot unicorns, elfs, fairies, ghouls, ghosts, etc. They also exist because someone wrote about them. They exist in the writer's mind. The same way modern Gods do...

"Modern Gods..." lol. Now THERE is the ultimate irony. There is nothing modern about a God, except again, in the writer's mind. It is why I contend, and will always contend, that organized, public religion should be banned forever on the face of this earth. It has been the root of more wars and innocent death than just about anything else.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Only People who dont understand would have to imagine what God is. These People are the once who create these ideas you bring to the table. You are speaking from a mind of a Atheist. You would have to imagine to try and make sense. But its not working so you think you have a argument.

That is like saying.

"Sir this is the best car your going to get for your money. Really, SIR. This is the BEST! If you do not believe that I am telling you the truth, then therefore you will not realise the quality you are getting for your money."

Total jargon.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

Good post. But you forgot unicorns, elfs, fairies, ghouls, ghosts, etc. They also exist because someone wrote about them. They exist in the writer's mind. The same way modern Gods do...

"Modern Gods..." lol. Now THERE is the ultimate irony. There is nothing modern about a God, except again, in the writer's mind. It is why I contend, and will always contend, that organized, public religion should be banned forever on the face of this earth. It has been the root of more wars and innocent death than just about anything else.

Regardless of you agreeing with me, here is a fellow that gets it.

Yeah its funny how they re-write these books to fit in with recent findings. I can imagine Jesus get's an iPhone in the next release and he Tweeted all his followers to let them know he is the one.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
This post is just my thoughts on religion and its non-existence of evidence.

Yes. 1,000,000 topics about religion, god and everything in-between. However I just want to offer a little thinking outside the box for some among ATS. I thought it would be fun. Before I start, I am an Atheist. Proud to say so.

Obviously religion holds on true beautiful message, that everyone will be ok, everything happens for a reason and you and I will forever be happy jolly people. However daily life reminds me and my of us, that this is not the case. Disease, war, famine, violence, racism. The list goes

We have always (under religious eyes) been set up to fail. A baby born with no crimes, wrong doings or any bad thought. IS already deemed to hell. You would think in the even simple of minds that would seem a little off.

The biggest question that should occur in rational minds is that. Have we ever not been able to achieve the things we set our minds to? Most of what we have dreamed, we have made happen and also continue to achieve and create. Creating things like the The Artificial Heart, Computers/Internet/Microchip, Satellites, Landing on the Moon and Cloning. To name a few.

The point being we are our own creators now. We should not be able to create if the creator created us. We should not obtain those powers, yet we do. The magician does not give away his secret, otherwise the trick would not seem so impressive.

and most importantly. If we live in a world where religion is above the law and cannot be questioned in this way, then we live in a very worrying age. Putting it simply in the below quote by Rowan Atkinson.

Please feel free to believe in Leprechauns, aliens big foot, what ever
I agree with your premise, I know people who believe in evolution, I think it's crazy, mankind from space dirt and space water. Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot used evolution to kill over 200 million based on evolution, they suggested humans were only animals, effectively cattle. Yeah religion, I hate it

What religion holds a message everyone will be ok, or are you talking after death, it certainly doesn't seem that way to me

So we are Created in Gods image, being capable of creating as He has

And Finaly, why is religion above the law and unquestionable, I question the religion of evolution all the time, I also question Christianity, my beliefs all the time. Why do you say it's unquestionable, that's really weird

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's actually Bible believers who think "space dirt and space water".

But that's what you get for not reading your fairy tales properly.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ok, so I'm curious. Think carefully.

What are the three main reasons you are atheist?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There is no tangible evidence for our belief that The Lord Jesus Christ is GOD!
That is why it's called faith. Obviously, you don't have it and you admittedly, proudly, profess it.
GOD is, was and will always be (I know, this concept you can not grab). These manifestations of evil, leprechauns, skin walkers, fairies..., all rebelled against GOD.
You have heard the story before, so why do you want to post this premise, on
something that has been posted here many many many many many many times on ATS before?
Nothing new here folks. Move along.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The only difference here is that you have to imagine. We don't.

You are arguing Your own knowledge about something that you have to imagine to describe. You are useing Leprechauns to argue the esistence of God. The only People who do that are People who dont know God.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: spy66

That is like saying.

"Sir this is the best car your going to get for your money. Really, SIR. This is the BEST! If you do not believe that I am telling you the truth, then therefore you will not realise the quality you are getting for your money."

Total jargon.

No, he is right.
And those who simply do not know God exists, and who seem to have an agenda against God existing, use a failed argument that absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Same as a child does. But then humans are children in a universal sense, so it's par for the course, or sub par if you grow up and realize it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join