It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Please feel free to believe in Leprechauns, aliens big foot, what ever
I agree with your premise, I know people who believe in evolution, I think it's crazy, mankind from space dirt and space water. Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot used evolution to kill over 200 million based on evolution, they suggested humans were only animals, effectively cattle. Yeah religion, I hate it

What religion holds a message everyone will be ok, or are you talking after death, it certainly doesn't seem that way to me

So we are Created in Gods image, being capable of creating as He has

And Finaly, why is religion above the law and unquestionable, I question the religion of evolution all the time, I also question Christianity, my beliefs all the time. Why do you say it's unquestionable, that's really weird

If some dictator wishes to kill thousands of people then what does that have to do with any of this. Hitler was the same I take it? Those mad with power will always do insane things.

Religion does hold that massage but as I stated in my original post, its completely pointless because in reality the world is in pieces in what should be a garden of pure joy and splender.

When it comes to creating nuclear fusion, atomic bombs and controlling the power of a star this is not what was intended. Considering these same creations could be used to destroy everything that has been made. In your eyes.

Religion is above the law. End of that conversation. Just look at any point in time throughout history.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We have no proof that god exists... no doubt, that does not prove that god does not exist though.

Once upon a time the greatest minds in the world would have scoffed at the concept of the atom... or that the sun was the center of the universe, then we evolved and developed technologies that allowed us to prove both concepts.

There is no proof that when we reach a certain point in evolution we wont discover the kid that owns the ant farm.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Isn't it funny TD, I questioned your religion of evolution and I get smacked down for it

Just goes to show that some of the premise in this thread is very accurate, we know it's a religion when questions are attacked and never an answer in site
Must have been magic beans, eh?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You didn't get smacked down. You got corrected. It's not my fault you made an ignorant argument that was about your religion rather than evolution.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
You would never find me campaigning against any religion as it is literally time wasted.

Right. So the purpose of this thread is...?

There is evidence of abnormalities in brains depending on where you are from yes.

Expand on this, please.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

And?

Some would say that "proof" stares you in the face everyday of your life, in all the things about you. I'd be one of those some.

However, you choose not to agree, that's not a bother to me, nor is my belief a bother to you. Or is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: BlackProject

Ok, so I'm curious. Think carefully.

What are the three main reasons you are atheist?

1. The bible and all religion really is ridiculous. If you read the books as I have, they certainly are ridiculous. In the most decent, caring manner I can fathom on such a book. For instance in the Bible. ''God sent two bears to maul 42 children for calling a guy, “bald” (2 Kings 2:23-24).''
Funny stuff, or rather. Terrible stuff.

2. As science improves, it answers more and more questions that one time only God could answer. I suppose when no one has the answer, God knows.

3. There is no evidence for any deities ever in existence.

To put it simply. If there is a God, why did he make me an Atheist?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

You would never find me campaigning against any religion as it is literally time wasted.

Right. So the purpose of this thread is...?

There is evidence of abnormalities in brains depending on where you are from yes.

Expand on this, please.

Purpose, is that I wished to share points with fellow ATS users. I am not picketing.

Researchers found that the brains of older East Asian people respond less strongly to changes in the foreground of images than those of their Western counterparts. They suggest this difference is due to an increased emphasis on the background, or context, of images in some Asian cultures.
link

Kitayama examined this notion by assessing Hokkaido-born and non-Hokkaido-born college students’ implicit theory of independence, and found that, like Americans, Hokkaido Japanese show a strong cognitive bias called the fundamental attribution error. They tend to explain another person’s behavior in terms of internal traits while ignoring situational forces. In contrast, mainland Japanese showed no such bias.
link

You can read into these topics more yourself. Basically depending on who you are, where your from and what your culture is. Your mind is subject to accepting different things you are told.

edit on 30-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You didn't get smacked down. You got corrected. It's not my fault you made an ignorant argument that was about your religion rather than evolution.

I didn't get corrected
See this is what's wrong with religious fundamentalists and why I understand the thread so clearly
Religious belief can be a law unto itself, it becomes the big bully, it's followers work hard on intimidating anyone who questions it
You offered no correction TD, you just said I was wrong.
Yes religion has authority, it's wrong, like TD here. TD said I was wrong but no solution was offered.
I understand how the op's post arrives at saying religion is a law unto itself if it doesn't answer questions, like TD here

God should be questioned, should be studied and should be explained
The op never asked for an explanation, just made some poor assumptions and built an argument on those assumptions

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Listen people.. I was 47 before i asked Jesus into my life and no matter how hard you try to disbelieve in him, he is real and thats why you are in the minority.
But thats the nature of the beast..
no matter how long this thread gets, we will never agree on this subject..
Life is so good when he is in your life. You can do so much to help others with the gifts of the holy spirit. Healing, demons and words of knowledge are but a few ways that Jesus will use you..

Instead of committing your life to trying to disprove him, why not help others and see if he is real...

edit on 30-10-2016 by jon1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2016 by jon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Oh, so you want me to back upmy correction to you?

Here, Genesis 2:7

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

God created man from space dust.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
and another thing... it really gets me annoyed when people say that it is just a way of controlling us... what a load of rubbish..
You Athies's don't have a clue what you are talking about.. Honestly.. Pathetic..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1
Listen people.. I was 47 before i asked Jesus into my life and no matter how hard you try to disbelieve in him, he is real and thats why you are in the minority.
But thats the nature of the beast..
no matter how long this thread gets, we will never agree on this subject..
Life is so good when he is in your life. You can do so much to help others with the gifts of the holy spirit. Healing, demons and words of knowledge are but a few ways that Jesus will use you..

Instead of committing your life to trying to disprove him, why not help others and and see if he is real...

This may seem nice of you to put out to others but really your leading people into a sense of protection that is false. Just like those that join a church, they are ok aslong as they turn up to church and drop some cash in the money box when leaving.

Life is not good when young people are dying of cancer and without no help and you would deem this just?

If you do think that is ok part of life just how God made it then that really is crazy. Normally people tend to turn to religion when something bad happens, all other avenues are no longer available or something of similar effect.
edit on 30-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I was talking evolution as the religion and your beliefs not mine
I know what I believe
My question was what you believe

The op insinuated leprechauns as akin to God re belief
Me, I was suggesting that my opinion of understanding your views on space dirt and water as the seed of life for evolution was as equally ludicrous as leprechauns

Your faith in space dirt and space water are my version of your leprechauns, get it

Even proud atheists have insane beliefs if you cut it down to the bone, less, but the foundation is fantasy, a book of fairy tails that can't be questioned, that is above the law, that needs to be protected by hate and animosity, just as you do TD
You are just another religious fundy TD, funny isn't it

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There's as much EVIDENCE of leprechauns as there is any flavour of god(s). That's the point of the OP.

Typical religious fundy having to make it about them and their precious religion getting "attacked". Sounds like you're not too sure about yours.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Short reply sorry: But excellent. S&F

link   

Life is not good when young people are dying of cancer and without no help and you would deem this just?

If you do think that is ok part of life just how God made it then that really is crazy. Normally people tend to turn to religion when something bad happens, all other avenues are no longer available or something of similar effect.

Life is not good
Do you know the bible doesn't say life is good, the bible says life is a broken mess of pain and destruction. A veritable garden of paradise turned into a desert of pain.

Life is good when you know there is a promise for a better future beyond it

You don't understand the message, how sad your comments are based on a poor assumption

link   
The difference between you and me?

I don't dedicate entire threads to how silly I may or may not think it is that you believe in leprechauns.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jon1

and another thing... it really gets me annoyed when people say that it is just a way of controlling us... what a load of rubbish.. You Athies's don't have a clue what you are talking about.. Honestly.. Pathetic..

Oh....the irony If you could only see.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

There is as much evidence for leprechauns as for life from space dust and space water but if I say that I get attacked
See religion does think it's a law unto itself
I agree with the op, even the atheistic religions do

I also agree people of faith, believing in the unseen should question their faiths
I also think fundamentalists should think before speaking, it makes them look silly

Am I wrong for equating abiogenesis with leprechauns ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join