It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

This may seem nice of you to put out to others but really your leading people into a sense of protection that is false.

BZZZZZT!!

You are now picketing.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: BlackProject

Life is not good when young people are dying of cancer and without no help and you would deem this just?

If you do think that is ok part of life just how God made it then that really is crazy. Normally people tend to turn to religion when something bad happens, all other avenues are no longer available or something of similar effect.

Life is not good
Do you know the bible doesn't say life is good, the bible says life is a broken mess of pain and destruction. A veritable garden of paradise turned into a desert of pain.

Life is good when you know there is a promise for a better future beyond it

You don't understand the message, how sad your comments are based on a poor assumption

Oh sorry so God did create us to fail and burn in hell and hell is earth because there is something better then earth? So wait. Why did he go to the effort to make earth again and us .... He needs to get his priorities right.

I am going to ask the car dealership next time. "Ok, so if I buy this car now right. I know its a pile of sh*t but if I buy this in hope for lets say, a Lamborghini I may get one? Because right you promised me if I hope and pray."

edit on 30-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jon1

Listen people.. I was 47 before i asked Jesus into my life and no matter how hard you try to disbelieve in him, he is real and thats why you are in the minority. But thats the nature of the beast.. no matter how long this thread gets, we will never agree on this subject.. Life is so good when he is in your life. You can do so much to help others with the gifts of the holy spirit. Healing, demons and words of knowledge are but a few ways that Jesus will use you..

No, you are mistaken. This is called being a "Normal person". You don't need an excuse to be a "Normal Person".

Laughable: I thought of an imaginary being who in my mind judges me for all my wrong doings, I better clean up my act and be nice or he won't be happy.

Outcome: You need help. Perhaps even assessed?.....ahem.

Can't you be a great guy without the imaginary friend in your life?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Your idea of church is totally wrong.. who do you thing pays for all the bills for the church.. Most churches are struggling to survive because they can't pay the bills..
People don't turn to God because something bad happens, that is just a myth that people like to put around.. would you turn to him because a family member dies.. No, because you would blame him for it..
What is this protection that you are talking about???
I have the gift of healing but i have had a stroke, cancer and a abdominal aortal aneurism repair..No protection for me i assure you..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Again, you never got attacked.

Your precious bible is the thing that says space dust. Genesis 2:7. I quoted it earlier so you could read it.

I guess that's your problem. You don't like to read replies. You just like to play the poor religious type who everyone picks on. Poor you.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

And take almost all of the science religions and get rid of them as well, time for some REAL discovery.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

Listen people.. I was 47 before i asked Jesus into my life and no matter how hard you try to disbelieve in him, he is real and thats why you are in the minority. But thats the nature of the beast.. no matter how long this thread gets, we will never agree on this subject.. Life is so good when he is in your life. You can do so much to help others with the gifts of the holy spirit. Healing, demons and words of knowledge are but a few ways that Jesus will use you..

No, you are mistaken. This is called being a "Normal person". You don't need an excuse to be a "Normal Person".

Laughable: I thought of an imaginary being who in my mind judges me for all my wrong doings, I better clean up my act and be nice or he won't be happy.

Well put.

Basically that is the situation here. I am unable to be a normal caring loving human without the instance of an all seeing eye in the sky telling me to be good.

I think those people in padded cells need to be released, hearing voices and imaginary friends. They are just religious people, all this time.....

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Not a lot i can say to that except that you are clueless in your knowledge of god.. Sorry mate..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Oh, so you want me to back upmy correction to you?

Here, Genesis 2:7

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

God created man from space dust.

Sounds reasonable, your beliefs are about the same, except space dust formed itself into an insanely complex form, and all for no reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1

Not a lot i can say to that except that you are clueless in your knowledge of god.. Sorry mate..

Which one?

There's dozens to choose from and each religion thinks they're the "correct one".

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Sounds reasonable, your beliefs are about the same, except space dust formed itself into an insanely complex form, and all for no reason.

You can't even get the theory right. Neither can most religious fundies.

And that's why I won't be asking you anything to do with science lol.
edit on 30102016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Interesting post I would like to add. To show that most religions including that of the church of England makes a lot of money of these stories. Did you know being a charitable organisation, the church of England it is exempt from Tax.

Church makes more money than Starbucks or McDonald's: Income of £1.41bn tops fast food giant's earnings of £1.37bn - and three times higher than the coffee chaink

edit on 30-10-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

There is no hope for people like yourselves i'm afraid.. You have a real basic knowledge of God and just follow the crowd in your assumptions.. all the best in your life of ignorance.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

And that's why I won't be asking you anything to do with science lol.

Apparently science is the end all be all, and is never influenced by anyone to ensure the theories ever become something provable and fact.

When will science be allowed to freely look for the REAL source of all this, and of everything else.

It is just as sad, even MORE sad one could say, that people follow these fields of science as if they are on the right track, or have even gotten close to figuring out ANYTHING.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I hear people say that you cannot prove or disprove God.

Fair enough. I would agree with that to an extent.

I would want to define terms before delving deeper into that.

What I do believe is true though, is this. While you cannot prove or disprove "God", it is perfectly reasonable and possible to prove or disprove, this or that God.

So while I can't prove or disprove there isn't "something out there we could consider God", I discovered (on my own personal journey out of Christianity) that I can indeed prove that the Abrahamic God does not exist.

edit on 10-30-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Because science works with evidence, not belief.

Is there any evidence for god(s) that can be tested and repeated? No? Shock!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

When did you last visit a church.. God is doing amazing things but you have to have the balls to go see for yourself.. Stop hiding behind people on here..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

a reply to: ParasuvO

Because science works with evidence, not belief.

Is there any evidence for god(s) that can be tested and repeated? No? Shock!

Absence of evidence does not mean there is nothing there... if scientist took that approach we would still be marveling about how awesome fire is.

Its one of those things right up there with whats on the other side of a black hole... its something we may never know, or we may eventually hit a point we can answer both.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1
a reply to: TerryDon79

When did you last visit a church.. God is doing amazing things but you have to have the balls to go see for yourself.. Stop hiding behind people on here..

Before I realised Christianity is nothing but a way to control people out of fear. Its a scam that's been going on for A LOT of years.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Before I realised Christianity is nothing but a way to control people out of fear. Its a scam that's been going on for A LOT of years.

I agree to an extent. I think it's a complex thing with a lot of different angles. A control aspect is definitely one of them. But I don't think it's a good summary of Christianity as a whole. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join