It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Weiner has given permission to the FBI to search computer, no warrant needed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Story out on Twitter from Bret Baier (FoxNews) to Chris Wallace while "on the air" Fox News Sunday.

It's possible the FBI had permission from Anthony Weiner to see his laptop computer.

Some rumors since yesterday had a search warrant necessary first.

Lots of wild confusion over the whole sordid mess !!!

Anthony Weiner has given permission to the FBI to search computer, no warrant needed. Looks like he got his wiener into a very difficult situation!

Anthony Weiner is reported to have given the FBI permission to search his computers. No warrant necessary. Some speculate that Weiner may bring down the Clinton Campaign through a bargain deal.

He’s shamed by the media, his wife is ditching him, and he’s facing serious prison time. What else does he have to lose? Some are saying he might as well expose the people that made his life a living hell.

Bret Baier of Fox News also reported that the NY FBI has had this information for a few weeks but tensions were building within the FBI for the release to happen sooner.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This does deserve a thread of its own, although it has been mentioned.

This shows that the FBI likely already know more than they are letting on, and have good reason for opening the investigation. The timing and how they did it show that what they found could be significant.

It also shows that Weiner might have given the information in exchange for a lighter sentence.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I have to assume Anthony Weiner is a true idiot.

I am sure he will request a "do over" once someone intelligent speaks to him. Otherwise, as mentioned before, he is trying to cooperate and cut a deal for himself.

link   
double post
edit on 10/30/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh man... I totally respected Weiner until i saw this..

I no longer trust Wiener as far as i can throw him!

signed, very disappointed.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
sounds like he knows what she has on that computer and he`s going to cooperate with the F.B.I. for revenge because she left him 2 months ago.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyPusher

huh

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like Weiner is cooperating with the FBI against his ex wife.

Lol, it's a screw you Loretta Lynch once again, Comey needs no approval from the Hillary stooge to get a warrant to look at them.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

huh

Maybe if you stopped yelling so loud you would hear what i typed

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

65,000 emails ...well thats it, not going to
be completed before the election.

So all Clinton can do now is whine and cry and spin.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Weiner is probably getting an immunity deal in exchange. Huma could have been sending some of these emails to his/her laptop because her husband was helping/working for her as her assistant. She is a busy person and he had a lot of free time.

He could have been handling classified emails and other correspondence for her.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Why, because finally someone is cooperating with the investigation instead of pleading the fifth or can't remember?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

?????

Were you a regular recipient of his dic pics or something?

I think you forgot the K in Dic

Oh, confirmation then.

Oh wow... i feel so vulnerable..

Should i be flattered? Are you the man in that photo?
Ugh if you are, cool if you're not.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Although I believe Wiener cooked his own goose and it wasn't anyone's fault but his, it may be that he feels set-up on this latest fiasco and is talking a deal. That would be an interesting twist to the tale, but I know it has to remain speculative for now. It may be that his marriage to Huma is simply a political one, but I kind of feel sorry for Huma here. Wiener has been caught three times now. He's been spurned by his party and resigned his House seat, one he likely could have kept indefinitely given his district. He lost his run for NYC mayor because he was caught again. He lost his wife after being caught texting a 15 year old who kept careful track of everything he wrote while telling Wiener she erased everything immediately, then she published it, including screen shots. so, yes, he was set up at least by her (And no, it's not an excuse for Wiener.) And he may be thinking she was put up to it. After all, she pursued him and lied to him repeatedly.

So look at where Wiener is now. A couple of years ago he was a rising young star in the Democratic Party known for his attack dog fiery speeches in favor of Progressives. He had made a politically astute marriage and aligned himself with the Clinton machine. His future as a major player was almost assured. A Cabinet post or even the Vice Presidency was not at all out of reach for him. And because of his own proclivities, it all came crashing down to the point that he is virtually unemployable and facing jail time. So he's been abandoned by all his political "friends," including his Clinton mentors and his wife and is butt hurt over it. So if he has to go down, why not take a few of his tormentors down with him? It would be a classic case, plus he would be remembered for helping take down the Clintons, a kind of rehabilitation for himself.
edit on 10/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This was Weiner's plan all along, in my opinion. Apparently he kept the emails in a file titled "Life Insurance".

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

65,000 emails ...well thats it, not going to
be completed before the election.

So all Clinton can do now is whine and cry and spin.

No - 650,000 emails.

That means if they worked 12 hour days with 20 agents, spending only 1 minute per email that would take 40 days. So yeah, not happening before the election unless they can quickly throw out thousands.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join