It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts on Why the Bible is Inspired

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The Bible has 66 books (I find that curious because the number six is a man's number and is incomplete. Does that mean it is? I believe so. The Bible itself reveals that there are new scrolls to be written in the future, after this system has ended for humanity that survives and are brought back to life. I believe it will be complete at 77).

Still it is complete for what we today need.

It itself states:

(2 Timothy 3:16, 17) 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.

Everything written down in God's holy word he has preserved for us is trustworthy and beneficial.

Why? How can it help billions of people all over in all circumstances?

You see God doesn't need to say something twice. If he says something it is true. It's like a good father. One that you can trust who has authority and power. If he says something you don't have to doubt it. He doesn't have to repeat himself billions of times to everyone.

In the Bible his words are repeated over and over to everyone that read them. But he has never had to repeat himself about anything.

So after 2,000 years of his spirit and angels giving us his Holy Scripture, he knows that everything contained in it is enough for everyone. For me, and for you, and for the most remote person on the planet.

He doesn't have to repeat himself. But he is going to give to you his mind. Reading it opens you to the mind of the true God who created the universe and everything in it, and the earth and everything in it.

It is a lot different than you imagine.

It is beautiful. His mind. It fuels you with hope and understanding of things and why they are. And where we are going. And tells us that if we die, we will live again.

That Jehovah the true God loves us with a great love. And that his only-begotten son, Jesus, who is at his right hand is pure love, that his love transcends all power of reasoning.

It is true most religions abuse God, and twist his word. But the truth is there. And God knows that all honest-hearted people who have love, who are true and faithful, who are honest, and indeed humble will listen to him.

I have no doubt about this.

edit on 30-10-2016 by loveofneighbor because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2016 by loveofneighbor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Beautifully written ty.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: loveofneighbor

Sure it's a start, don't stop questioning nobody knows.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

There are a lot more nobodies than you realize. And he knows it.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: loveofneighbor

There are a lot more nobodies than you realize. And he knows it.

And if you take it on faith, we all are.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Believing is not knowing.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Knowing what? There are many pagan paths. Each claims that knowledge is subjective. If you're going to go that route than what you will hear ironically is that there are many paths to the truth. So which of these to choose? And which of these "truths" do you claim to seek to find out??

Eta, reminds me of x files: "bew bew bew bew bew bew...dunnada dunnada dun.." "the "truth" is out there.." oh, really??? Makes for good sci-fi though..

edit on 30-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What scientist's knew yesterday they believed it until another scientist changed their minds by showing them that what they believed to be true was not . Knowledge ,it seems to have a deep seethed root with many branches leading to a truth . OP ,thank you for writing that .

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

What overlaps, resonates in preferably every mythos is more likely the truth than all the details one group of favouring this or that story has versed.

a reply to: the2ofusr1

The difference is they admit that.

edit on 30-10-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I have personally as well as others who study the word of God do the same when they find their minds being corrected by the word . It's (the word) has many many layers that feed the sprite within the believer . That is why it can be read and read for a persons whole life and never cease to amaze what the you find .

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
How do some religions abuse god, and twist his words? Which religion do you subscribe to?

edit on 30-10-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Belief is a part of true love. You see love believes all things.

If you don't know that you don't have love. Then you can't know God. Because God is love.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Can it not be said then, ALL WORDS are inspired by God?

Maybe religious do not twist "his" words but rather interpret it with their perception of reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

Knowing what? There are many pagan paths. Each claims that knowledge is subjective. If you're going to go that route than what you will hear ironically is that there are many paths to the truth. So which of these to choose? And which of these "truths" do you claim to seek to find out??

Eta, reminds me of x files: "bew bew bew bew bew bew...dunnada dunnada dun.." "the "truth" is out there.." oh, really??? Makes for good sci-fi though..

There is but ONE WAY to the father and that is through the son.......

John 14:6 - “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”

So there is but ONE WAY ......according to my Christian faith.

edit on 30-10-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Don't you mean, your interpretation of the bible? If someone else has a different interpretation, would you consider them wrong?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Can it not be said then, ALL WORDS are inspired by God?

Maybe religious do not twist "his" words but rather interpret it with their perception of reason.

If you can include all words, could you include all actions?

Are murderers inspired by god?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Don't you mean, your interpretation of the bible? If someone else has a different interpretation, would you consider them wrong?
not wrong but just in error . There are so many dot's to connect and consider . As a person grows in the knowledge of God the seemingly many contradictions become fewer and fewer as you build a coherent contextualized narrative for yourself . One Gospel varies from the others and adds points that the others did not . It can become a musical symphony with many instruments all sounding different but playing the same tune .

Even the 10 commandments can be expounded upon and has many layers of application that are not mentioned in the word . I think that is what makes it special and personal . Its alive and should have very few dogmas but man likes his dogmas .

Are murderers inspired by god?
Paul was and if you study carefully you find that others were as well .

edit on 30-10-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

not wrong but just in error . There are so many dot's to connect and consider . As a person grows in the knowledge of God the seemingly many contradictions become fewer and fewer as you build a coherent contextualized narrative for yourself . One Gospel varies from the others and adds points that the others did not . It can become a musical symphony with many instruments all sounding different but playing the same tune .

Even the 10 commandments can be expounded upon and has many layers of application that are not mentioned in the word . I think that is what makes it special and personal . Its alive and should have very few dogmas but man likes his dogmas .

Not wrong, just in error? That makes no sense to me. Could you please explain?

Expounding upon the 10 commandments? Could you explain further?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I have personally as well as others who study the word of God do the same when they find their minds being corrected by the word . It's (the word) has many many layers that feed the sprite within the believer . That is why it can be read and read for a persons whole life and never cease to amaze what the you find .
You could literally use any book as inspiration/explanation for the quandries of life. It has been done with many classics. I.e. The odyssey, the illiad, winnie the pooh, the art of war, aesop's fables, etc, etc. a philosophy can be built upon any idea. Any time you re-read a book, you will find that you have new revelations as to how it applies to whatever you are applying it to.

The bible's contradictions do not make more sense every time you read it. You are simply making the choice that they don't matter as much to you. You are simply rationalizing because you are trying to make it make sense. If they really made more and more sense, then you should be able to explain it better, and in a way that makes sense. Which has never been done.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Paul was inspired by god to murder?

I guess that the bible is full of stories about people being inspired by god to murder others. That is not a surprise really. God has ordered babies to be bashed upon rocks.
edit on 30-10-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join