It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Funny you bring up Ancient Aliens, I was just coding away and figured I needed some new background noise so i Hulu'd up some AA episodes. I was actually just getting ready to write a thread here about some wormhole questions I now have but i don't actually have time to do the part of an OP due to a deadline I am on.

I will throw this out to you all and hopefully not hijack this thread, I just want to add some input to some of the theories put forth on the show. Stop me if it needs its own thread or if you don't think it kind of me to ask here, just seems like the caliber of folks in this thread right now are the ones I want to reach so here goes.

Wormholes (AA Season 7 Episode 1): It is discussed in here that wormholes would require a bazillion tons of energy to get one going. My understanding (yes correct me if needed) is that lets say you want to connect a wormhole (stargate point A to stargate point B ) that is 10 light years apart. I am going to assume that somehow these connection must already exist or I am stuck with a very simple problem of how do I get a connection from one side to the other to start a tunnel? Wouldn't a radio signal (traveling in the same electromagnetic spectrum as light but slower than light, I believe) take at least 10 years, if it could connect at light speed, just to get the connection point at the other end? Then there's the return signal/echo back from the point you're connecting to, is it really 20 years round trip to open a connection?

This is why I think we would only be able to go where we know these wormholes exist and why I believe ancient aliens would have done the same instead of carrying around a pile of dark matter or bringing a star to supernova to fuel a wormhole creation, not to mention recurring energy needs to keep it running unless it just exists eternally after creation.

Does anybody here know what the underlying implied theory of operation really is to get connected? The AA show just says, oh they must have had a portal to here, there, South Anerica, Mexico, The Hopi and Pueblo's other parts of the world etc.. they make it sound so simple but weighing out what they just said about the amount of energy required to make one then naming a good handful of possible AA visitations through them all over the place would have to indicate an abundance of energy was flowing back then.

This is why I take AA with a grain of salt but still try to visualize what they are delivering with an open mind in the hopes that something will make sense and "click" in my brain, I am always intrigued and even more so let down by the end of an episode though it does have me come away with plenty of questions and fodder for hypothesizing.

Any takers want to try and explain how long a wormhole would take to set up?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Back in the days van Däniken was diagnosed with mental illness and hospitalised, because of his theories.

You know, I always I found it mind boggling that to suggest some 50-70 years ago that alien life may have visited planet earth in our ancient past would wind you up in a nut house. Yet somehow,religions that talked of sorcery,Gods and goddess flying around in chariots,Dragons,talking trees and the like were never seen as something totally bizarre or more outlandish than the former.

I guess it just shows that the more humanity is exposed to new ideas over time,they become accustomed to accept the errors in their own preconceptions of the world around them. This could be said about more than than just the ancient astronaut "hypothesis"...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: neutronflux

dry river beds and canyons seemed to indicate that water had once existed on the Martian surface

had... once existed ... past tense not now.... now (1971) not a drop...

Observing canals on mars was not a facilitated hoax

canals full of water that was considered a hoax! the canals were accepted but no the water. Schiaparelli even theoryzed that there was a civilization on mars. the book war of the worlds was based on his believes....

Pertty much a hoax like being visited by ancient aliens.......

You still wrong about people trying to facilitate a hoax. The opinion of the time was channels for water existed on mars. Then space exploration found dried up river beds.

And you are only ranting. Still have not proven people were skeptical of the presence of water ice on mars.
edit on 30-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

And you are only ranting. Still have not proven people were skeptical of the presence of water ice on mars.

Ranting ?? Well why so hostile ... Viking landed in 1977 i've heard the scientists talk and I knew what the scientific opinion was in those days.. Scientific opinion has indeed changed (from no water on the moon and not on mars according to science to water on mars and moon)... Why should i prove anything to you ? I know what happened....

edit on 10302016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

But ice

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

pfff to honest ... indeed ice and yes indeed water and YES now it's commonly accepted... but I was talking about 1977 when the viking landed... back then is was not generally accepted that there was water on mars or ice... Look I don't want to convince people that scientific view has changed... If people think science is ironclad... well I've no problem with that.

btw.spoiler .. there is live on Europa science always said so 2025 , pffff... i'm getting old

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

A time article out lining the long history of the belief, hope, and quest to find water on Mars.

time.com...

I just find it ironic for you to call persons performing observations to the best of their abilities, that were hopeful for the presence of water and an alien spices on mars, conspiring to facilitate a hoax.

Especially when modern individuals and ufologiest have been exposed for conveying false narratives of alien visitation for personal profit.

What proof do you have of possible interstellar space travel and ancient aliens?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I just find it ironic for you to call persons performing observations to the best of their abilities, that were hopeful for the presence of water and an alien spices on mars, conspiring to facilitate a hoax.

I didn't said that I said scapialli turned out to be an hoaxer according to mainstream science. And that the current scientific opionion was

An April 4, 1969, story in TIME debated the question: “Contemporary scientists have been far less convinced that Mars has water,” the article noted. “They believe that the caps consist not of snow or ice but largely of frozen carbon dioxide,

Look read the article that you linked to me... I completely agree with that article. just read it yourself..

An April 4, 1969, story in TIME debated the question: “Contemporary scientists have been far less convinced that Mars has water,”

this is what I recall...

By 1976, scientists had changed their minds again

and ... again ... and again...

In more recent years, the evidence has continued to flood in. By 2000, the Mars Global Surveyor,

Like it does right now ... so... with the current stream of events ... probably life on mars somewhere in 2020... let's go to mars !

Especially when modern individuals and ufologiest have been exposed for conveying false narratives of alien visitation for personal profit.

so.. all is a hoaxer now ? ... who exposes ? what ? false narratives because you say so ?

What proof do you have of possible interstellar space travel and ancient aliens?

look ... I dont have to give any proof to you ! I've been around the block a couple of times I know what's out there.. And you don't have to believe anything about AA... I'm just saying that there is a fat statistical chance we have been visited and it's worth to consider as a hypothesis...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Look I'm not saying that there is no water on mars... just that science has ridiculed that as a real posibility in the past. and Schiaparelli turned out to be a hoaxer

pfff... talking about oceans/water on mars in the 70's well you might end up in the loony bin

One, where did I ever clain there was oceans of water on mars.

Two, there was never a time in the 60s or 70s if you suggest water or water ice was present in the Martian soil you would be ridiculed or placed in the loony......

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
UFO hoaxes and con men. Ugology is packed with them.

insanelabz.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.theangryufologist.us...

If ufoligy would police itself and weed out the snake oil sales persons, it might have a shot at legitimacy.

And there is not a fat statistical chance we have been visited because there are only a few options for practical space travel. All the options are only realistic maybe up to 10 light years. A journey that would take one or two life times to complete relative to earth time. Or if space craft can survive hitting space debris at near light speed. Or even detect objects to avoid collisions at near light speeds.

Populated galaxy does not equate to probable means of interstellar space travel. They are not mutually inclusive
edit on 30-10-2016 by neutronflux because: Forgot time relatively slows as you approach light speed.

edit on 30-10-2016 by neutronflux because: Added collisions

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

One, where did I ever clain there was oceans of water on mars.

not you but the ESA scientists I was referring to them...

Two, there was never a time in the 60s or 70s if you suggest water or water ice was present in the Martian soil you would be ridiculed or placed in the loony......

it's a j.o.k.e. you know that's why the emoticons.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

.... hmmm you more or take the stance like you know it all.. why 10 light years why not 56.3 light years.
Look there is absolutely no space debris in interstellar space.

And there is not a fat statistical chance we have been visited because there are only a few options for practical space travel.

look if I hear you right now you more or less paraphrase the mainstream science ... Well that doesn't know everything there is in the universe... (that's why I brought up the point of nowater/water on mars) they say they do but well science is still learning. Taking into account options that might not even be considered at this time I say there is a FAT chance that we have been visited.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I'd say that this book:

The Stargate Conspiracy: The Truth about Extraterrestrial life and the Mysteries of Ancient Egypt Kindle Edition
by Lynn Picknett (Author)

should be required reading before discussing this subject.

Then we can look at mythology.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

The Stargate Conspiracy:

An essential part of this plot is the alleged link between ancient Egypt and a lost civilization on Mars, based on the discovery of supposedly artificial features on that planet. We show that this view is seriously flawed, and that the intelligence agencies are actively encouraging the promotion of a meaningful Egypt-Mars connection.

This group, which has existed for almost fifty years, has included many famous names, multimillionaires and cutting-edge scientists. It has also, disturbingly, had a profound influence on the decision-making of certain world leaders...

info Stargate Conspiracy

Good one

Call me crazy but I believe that humans evolved on mars and another planet between mars and jupiter that was destroyed... hmmm need more tinfoil

(The Main): Eventually the hyperboreans became divided into 2 groups that started to fight. Sol 4 now better known as Mars attacked sol 5 the old Tia-mat. Tia-mat was completely destroyed , lost forever. Mars lost it's atmosphere and with it all it's oceans due to some superwapon. They actually tried to cut that beautiful planet in half.... (The Main,almost crying): Believe me I begged the Architect on my both my knees to recreate the planets but he simply wouldn't do it. (The Main,): From that time on Earth was the only planet in the solar-system that had sentient live. I became furious ! I was like a father that wanted to punish his children. I had no love in my being and did a horrible thing... (Mr Smith,calm voice): So what did you do sir... (The Main): I gave them a simple choice : Fight again and be destroyed or live in peace and be loved. To strengthen my argument I created the second moon in orbit of Earth , the morning star. Every hyperborean on earth could see that moon and as long as it was in orbit there was peace. (Mr Smith): So Earth had 2 moons ? (The Main): Indeed , it was the proverbial sword of Damocles. I would crash it on earth if a war broke out. Poor Hyperboreans living in fear for many centuries.

I've RV'ed this stuff a long time ago could be true or not ?!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

You should read the book before you quote it.

In this case, there are occultists who have been using disinformation about these subjects.

The book is about the conspiracy, not about what may or may not have happened in the remote past.

Kev

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think that aliens were hobnobbing with our ancestors to the point they were helping them build structures is ludicrous. Or that our ancestors built planes, helicopters, nuclear bombs, etc.. to be equally ludicrous. For what I would think would be obvious reasons. I do believe in alien visitation, but I think they take a strict wait and watch approach. I don't think they interact with our government any more than they did our ancestors.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

However if even a single encounter was the result of contact with an Alien civilisation.
Then Statistically it follows that there have been contacts in the past....

No, that isn't correct. I'm not sure where you think you are getting that logic from. At some point there is always a first.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

You should read the book before you quote it.

Not quotes from the book thanks but that was from my own visions that I RV'ed... wrote it on the end of the post

The book is about the conspiracy, not about what may or may not have happened in the remote past.

Just tried to be helpfull
... by supplying a link...

anyways I never heard of the book... but sure I'll read it...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Walk with this kook for a minute.
What if these "aliens" have been here since almost the beginning.
What if the asteroid belt was actually a planet at one time called Rehob.
What if these inhabitants had migrated to Mars as well.
When Rehob was destroyed, it's mass showered down onto Mars, destroying the
atmosphere and obliterating it's surface. What if the Rehobians were then thrust down to Earth
where they began their resettlement, eons before man.
What if they are the architects of Puma Punku, the Pyramids and Kailasa Temple.
What if they enslaved man, and continue to influence his behavior.
What if they have the ability to be here in the present, as well as having the ability to go forward and backwards in time on a limited basis. This present state would also allow them to slip or see time to there left or right, up or down spherically.
An example would be if they were traveling up above (maybe 45,000 ft). As they traverse the sky, they would be aware of EVERYTHING going on around them spherically in the physical realm as well as dimensionly.
As they would fly across the sky, they may see something or someone of interest to them. The person may view this as a bright light coming towards them. As the "alien" would approach, their ship would slip back and forth examining the the "what if" interaction with that human. If the time lines looked safe to it, it would "interact." If for some reason, the situation would allow hazards documentation of it's encounter, it could then either proceed, and wipe out all video or evidence by altering the time line, or either allow some documentation, or just leave the person alone, and look for another opportunity.
Is that kooky enough for you?

Or...maybe they didn't enslave man. Maybe they brought their children here to live and continue.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm not sure where you think you are getting that logic from. At some point there is always a first...

Whoaa ATS such an open minded community amaaazing ... Drake equotation.. common sense and many ufo witness reports.

Yes at some point there is always a first... but hey life has evolved on 3 seperate occasions on earth only..
Keplermissions and many earthlike planets have already been found..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join