It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

C was for a time thought to be the distribution of dark matter. Has that changed? As you approach light speed, matter approaches infinite length and mass. Existing as light? I can see breaking a record of a person into energy. But how would photons, and other forms of energy, maintain self awareness? What would enabled a group of photons to guide themselves? If a group of self aware photons were bombarded by a solar wind or a gamma burst, game over.

C was for a time thought to be the distribution of dark matter. Has that changed?

now it's 299792.458 km/s speed of light or location of gizeh pyramid

As you approach light speed, matter approaches infinite length and mass.

Ah... you mean the lorenz transformations know them... they 'morph matimatically' into regular classical mechanica at low speed....

Existing as light? I can see breaking a record of a person into energy. But how would photons, and other forms of energy, maintain self awareness?

I didn't say that the spin would change... fermions stay fermions , just fermions without mass.. scary stuff.... but aliens do it all the time

Btw... I never heard Einstain talk about higgs-bosons... that's because he and also his theory don't explain what mass is. In the theory it's just a given just as lightspeed C...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Violater1

All Possibilities . Man is not Intelligent enough Yet to Confirm or Deny any of those scenarios .

And you would call me a kook if I said it was and is all real. With help we are intelligent enough.
I accept that "they" are here. I also accept that they have shared their "technology" and we have mimicked their crafts.
The thing is, in their billions of years of existence, their technology has not advanced or changed.
Knowing what I know, I'm not surprised.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Although I think personally it isn't that difficult to go beyond lightspeed. Remember there is still no Theory of everything.

you do understand that your response is pure theory.... but why use an oldfashion warpfield ?

Its a property of matter that it cannot travel the speed of light. Remember, as matter approaches the speed of light it approaches infinite mass. As you go faster, the more massive you become. In other words, for matter to travel the speed of light would require infinite acceleration.

And since you don't like warp fields............

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Who ever said no water / ice on mars?

well the whole of the scientific community... in the 1970... Funny man landed on the moon... no water found... official opinion there is no life and water on the moon or any of the planets in our solar system... even the mere existance of exoplanets was denied at one point.

In 2010 or so NASA changed that view after a mission to look for water....

The ship itself could be the intelligent machine?

good one ! Pan spermia for A.I... little nanobots conolizing the universe. midi-chlorians and fruityloops just love that stuff

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Sthg I heard, but not mentioned anywhere on the web.
Anecdotal.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Didn't the original observations of mars theorize the existence of water canals?

The closest you can come to saying scientists didn't believe in water vapor on mars. Mars has no protective magnetic belts, so its atmosphere is stripped away by solar wind / charged particles. As components flash into the Martian atmosphere, its depleted into space.

Venues clouds create a magnetic field that protects its atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Its a property of matter that it cannot travel the speed of light. Remember, as matter approaches the speed of light it approaches infinite mass. As you go faster, the more massive you become. In other words, for matter to travel the speed of light would require infinite acceleration.

... hmmm read that in a textbook somewhere.

Speed of light constant in a nutshell...
t1=t0*1/sq(1-v^2/c^2) with this kinda funny formula can you calculate timedilatation.
and because c is linked with e=mc^2 it puts a limit to the max speed... true ... according the formula.

In other words, for matter to travel the speed of light would require infinite acceleration.

Well in kindergarten I didn't believe in negative roots... but science uses them all the time is called complex numbers..
someone was very creative a long time ago and was asking about negative mass... hmmm. Tachyons... Could be true ? science doesn't know everything ?
Kinda funny if you exactly happen to live in a time where everything is known dont you aggree?

Aliens can't go FTL because einstein said so and made a higgs boson less theory that doesn't even explain mass... and then people think hillary is nasty

Anyways mass now is considered a property according to science but the real question is it an immutable fundamental property ? If in the 20's everything was known of mass why the heck did Cern search for higgs-bosons...

edit on 10302016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Paradoxroutine

I think we've all seen enough of that s***.

and yet here you are new member welcome.. so in a way I think you have not seen enough of that Sh**

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sthg I heard, but not mentioned anywhere on the web. Anecdotal.

Well you made me curious if true (more than Anecdotal) I make a tread out of it... Daniken like klaus donner is mentioned a lot in other countries. He is also well ,,, I this the main reason why I started to question things...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

So tell us how to turn off and on the property of mass........

If mass is an immutable property, than I guess gravity would also be an immutable property.

Again, why ignore warp theory?

edit on 30-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So tell us how to turn off and on the property of mass........

Really ?? Look I can't do that because I don't know how. But that doesn't mean it is impossible... Mass is related to higgs-bosons.. my point scientists are still figuring out what mass is... science didn't stop with einstien or his relativity theory..

If mass is an immutable property, than I guess gravity would also be an immutable property.

gravity is a force field... But I assume you meant to say G. indeed the current level of science sees G as an immutable property now. Aliens know better

Again, why ignore warp theory?

Well good one.. I do not ignore warp theory and in fact with the EPR paradox and all of it's cousins. It might as well be possible to create a stable warpfield.

But this also implies that there is a posibility that Gravity and Electromagnetism become the same force at very high energy ? Vrill ?... I'm just not so inclined to believe that..

Reason

But personal... the theory of warpfield more of less bends-space in favor for C=constant. In a way I rather believe that C is not constant at all circumstances. If you think of it C is like god in theology C=GOD or c=299792.448km/s the question in both cases is why ?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Didn't the original observations of mars theorize the existence of water canals?

True... but it was not generally accepted in those days..

If I remember right a hoaxer told people that he could see water canals and even citys with a big telescope . I was more or less a true disiple of science in those days... So I know for sure that the scientific opinion was that there was no water due to it's low escape velocity. h20 in gasform (due to low atmophere pressure) would have left the planet a long time ago... the barren red planet well that was the opinion back then... Now even the Russian + european ESA mission showed us the theorized oceans of mars...

Well I do and did believe that there is a lot of water in the solar system so also an abundance of life ... That's why I also believe that it is very well possible sentien aliens could have visit our beautifull earth along time ago...

Venues clouds create a magnetic field that protects its atmosphere.

maybee... even life on venus... now don't go it's too hot... I know

edit on 10302016 by frenchfries because: gramattica corrected german removed

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

He is a tourism person from the alps. That comes with a certain playboy-ish naivety and excitability. Just because he exaggerates doesn't mean he's purposefully lying.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Just because he exaggerates doesn't mean he's purposefully lying.

but I dont think he want' s to decieve people...Well sometimes one has to exaggerate to get attention esspecially in those days... No internet.... Anyway I didn't find a thing about Danicken being in a mental institution. In my opinion he is just a researcher/author a wierd somewhat excentric one but still a researcher/author.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I agree. In one of his later books he "researches" the accounts of Greek mythology looking for aliens. It's interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

..... the accounts of Greek mythology looking for aliens. It's interesting.

Well the thing I do and did not understand is that the pantheon of Greek and Nordic are more or less the same (except for names). With both cultures having virually no interaction it would be a hell of a coincidence. You don't have to be a playboy-ish tourism person (von Danicken) conclude that there is more behind the 'Gods from the sky on the mountains are watching us' stories...

Anyway most people associate the 'Gods ancient astronauts with von Danicken' and than stop discussing the subject. Kinda same scenario as it is with the show 'Ancient aliens'. It takes one wacky show or researcher to lull a whole generation into sleep... (well anyway thats my opinion)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure the no water ice argument on mars is a straw man argument.

I remember scientists always theorizing water ice on mars. Especially in the context mars would have been exposed to the same comet activity that seeded the earth with water. Also optimistic in terms of hopping to set up outposts on mars.

Water on mars

When Mariner 9 became the first craft to orbit another planet in 1971, the photographs it returned of dry river beds and canyons seemed to indicate that water had once existed on the Martian surface. Images from the Viking orbiters only strengthened the idea that many of the landforms may have been created by running water. Data from the Viking landers pointed to the presence of water beneath the surface, but the experiments were deemed inconclusive.

Observing canals on mars was not a facilitated hoax. It was a reported observation due to the limit of the telescope technology of that time.

For a time in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it was erroneously believed that there were canals on Mars. These were a network of long straight lines in the equatorial regions from 60° N. to 60° S. Lat. on the planet Mars. They were first described by the Italian astronomer Giovanni Schiaparelli during the opposition of 1877, and confirmed by later observers. Schiaparelli called these canali, which was translated into English as "canals

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Or just one to shake the grounds and wake them up.
Depends, probably goes back to the optimist/pessimist question.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

dry river beds and canyons seemed to indicate that water had once existed on the Martian surface

had... once existed ... past tense not now.... now (1971) not a drop...

Observing canals on mars was not a facilitated hoax

but the water and the cities was...

I have been watching and drawing the surface of Mars. It is wonderfully full of detail. There is certainly no question about there being mountains and plateaus. To save my soul I can't believe in the canals as Schiaparelli draws them. I see details where he has drawn none. I see details where some of his canals are, but they are not straight lines at all. When best seen these details are very irregular and broken up ... I verily believe ... that the canals ... are a fallacy and that they will so be proved before many favorable oppositions are past. Barnard's skeptical stance represented the majority position of professionals throughout the period of the canal debate. Yet, enough reputable astronomers did verify Schiaparelli's canali to keep the controversy alive. Moreover, such was Schiaparelli's reputation as a skilled observer that, even among opponents, his claims concerning the mysterious lines were treated with respect and Mars became the subject of intense scrutiny at the world's leading observatories.

canals full of water that was considered a hoax! the canals were accepted but no the water. Schiaparelli even theoryzed that there was a civilization on mars. the book war of the worlds was based on his believes....

Look I'm not saying that there is no water on mars... just that science has ridiculed that as a real posibility in the past. and Schiaparelli turned out to be a hoaxer.

pfff... talking about oceans/water on mars in the 70's well you might end up in the loony bin

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

It takes one wacky show or researcher to lull a whole generation into sleep... (well anyway thats my opinion)

Or just one to shake the grounds and wake them up. Depends, probably goes back to the optimist/pessimist question.

Well I'm usually an optimist but who is gonna do this for this generation Tom Delonge ?? I beg to differ... I'm afraid that UFO Ancient Aliens in the long run becomes forgotten and ridiculed and replaced... by artificial memes like the flatearth theory

People really wanting to Know what is out there ? ... well i'm pessimistic about that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join