It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

As for Ancient Cave Paintings our Ancestors felt Compelled to create , some of the Images do seem to have a Resemblance to Modern Day accounts of Alien Beings described by people who have Allegedly had Close Encounters with them .The Scientific Establishment Theorizes that some of those Paintings were nothing more than Metaphor's of their Spiritual Beliefs , and Not Real Live Representations of Actual Beings . Who is to say they are Wrong ? The Debate will go on for a Long time before a Definitive Answer can be reached . For now , Speculation by the producers of AA must be viewed with " A Grain of Salt " IMO .
edit on 30-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

The need to appease the masses with outlandish idea's washed away any credibility for anyone with any real interest in the field.

I just hope that people get interested again.. and forget the outlandish idea. In Russia/China there is a lot of interest in AA even by regular scientists. I would translate that stuff... if it weren't I wasn't flamed... and associated with the ancient alien show. Wierd enough a lot OOParts are found in Crimea.... makes one think ?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
haha he sings/raps the whole think!!

So funny! He kills it with his rapping.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

, Speculation by the producers of AA must be viewed with " A Grain of Salt " IMO .

Indeed archeology must become more open minded and investigate the possibility. I just hope that mainstream archeologist in the future will explore other explanations.. than 'the standard God worshipping savage' which is kind of insulting for our forefathers..

Some of the older cave paintings do seem a bit disturbing. The similarities globally do intrigue me.

like the great flood...
edit on 10302016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: Harte

Do you know what "ad hominem" means?

Yes I know , but this tread is not about EVD but about the ancient alien hypothesis. You more or less made it clear that EVD is a fraud in your opinion , without any reference to AA. And then you started belittle me... 'do you know anything about the subject ?'... not nice.. but well ok..

Facts is that EVD is less important than the AA hypothesis. And that there are indeed very interesting OOPArts that defy any explanation...

So you seem to choose to believe. However, There aren't really any OOPArts.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: frenchfries

Give him breathing room. This isn't his normal forum. I think he meant to click Ancient Civilizations....

Saw the thread on the front page.

I come to this section on occasion, looking for exactly this sort of thread.

Frenchfries:
I responded to a post about OOPArts, then one about EVD.

Both were cited as reasons to believe in the AAH. I merely stated that neither is any reason. I know what the thread is about. I also know there exists no evidence for the AAH, nor any reason to believe in it, other than personal choice. And that's not a good reason.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

And it's still ironic that you would label early scientists hopeful about life and water in our solar system as purposely facilitating a hoax. I

NO no and no I did not say that scapially was a hoaxer I said he was called a hoaxer by many early mainstream scientists...
I don't label anyone I just stated the fact that science has labeled him a hoaxer....

Wouldn't have been easier to explain around 1900 the term used to describe the channels on mars was misinterpreted into canals.

That there were two schools of thought?

That most scientists thought the Martian channels were a faint system of naturally carved water ways. The group of endearing scientists.

That a smaller group worked to sensational the channels to build the false narratives of engineered water ways and a civilization on Mars. The ufologists of their time.

You don't see the irony? What happen when you only use assumptions?
edit on 30-10-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

never said there was no life. Only that their experiments hadn't detected any.

Yes they did after the viking landings... No live on mars because the atmosphere wasn't dense enough ...

If this is true, you shouldn't have any trouble quoting from such a report.

Why don't you?

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You don't see the irony? What happen when you only use assumptions?

indeed... if you explain it that way

That there were two schools of thought?

I completely understand... but saying in that time that there was water on mars was not mainstream science at the time... it was fringe science... I know because I had many discussions about water in our solar system... and I wasn't mainstream then and not even now

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

you shouldn't have any trouble quoting from such a report...

Why don't you ?

Not a report a articlei in the Dutch language by a dutch astronaut ... I just don't feel like scanning and translating the article spend hours of it just to make a point that is very clear to me.... that's why I made the joke 'colorfull moon'. have it your way I'm at peace with whatever your opinion is.... I don't have to prove anything. I'm just sharing my opinion with the ATS community.....

Science changes it's opinion all the time at a very slow pace... after 40 years I know a lot in science has changed it's view about the possibility of water and live in our solar system... and regarding the Exoplanets.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Be it water to water ice.
Be it intelligent spices to microbes.

There is no proof that the scientific community ever ridiculed people for theorizing H2O or life existed on Mars.

In fact, when has the scientific community ever gave up on finding life or water on Mars? Ever stopped theorizing how to find water and life on mars?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

There is no proof that the scientific community ever ridiculed people for theorizing H2O or life existed on Mars.

lot of people have been critisized for postulating there could be life on mars right now. Say that and you instantly become a fringe scientist

Pyramids on mars , civilization on mars live on europa... Well be my guest have a go at that in the scientific community... They really protect their interests....Do you really think scientists work for brownie points and that all research is known to the public.

In theory YES they are well open minded but when it comes to research and funding you might get very disappointed. The whole scientific community is more like an religion than the Vatican. Controlled by whomever funds their research...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

you shouldn't have any trouble quoting from such a report...

Why don't you ?

Not a report a articlei in the Dutch language by a dutch astronaut ...

The first Dutch Astronaut flew in 1985 on NASA's space shuttle.

No Dutch Astronaut made any claim about Martian water in the 1970s because no Dutch astronauts existed then.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No Dutch Astronaut made any claim about Martian water in the 1970s because no Dutch astronauts existed then.

oh man... so he couldn't say anything in the 70's because he was then not an astronaut he was a dutch scientist and later an astronaut .... I remember wubbo okkels making a claim together with Griet titulaer... no live and no water on mars... I was very 8 years old disappointed at the time...

You know wubbo ockels existed in the 70's ... even without being an astronaut... people can still exists....

edit on 10302016 by frenchfries because: removed swearing

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

oh man... so he couldn't say anything in the 70's because he was then not an astronaut he was a dutch scientist and later an astronaut .... I remember wubbo okkels making a claim together with Griet titulaer... no live and no water on mars... I was very 8 years old disappointed at the time...

You know wubbo ockels existed in the 70's ... even without being an astronaut... people can still exists....

So these two are "Them?"
You "remember" this, but won't support your claim?

You shouldn't think that I don't understand why.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

hu am i in court ?

look this is ATS alien forum... I talked about the claim that the general opinion of science was that in the 70s there was no live and no water on mars or moon... which is true..
I know this for a fact... you more or less ask me to translate and go through many... newspapers that would take a lot of time... look I have to work tomorrow in my time zone it's 21:55...

I'm not inclined to go any further this whole tread was about AA in my opinion you derailing the tread by just asking the same question again and again.... kinda silly. If you haven't anything to say than declining existance of OOParts EVD or bikkering about the possibility that science had a different opinion in the 70''s you have said it all and you really arent contributing to the discussion anymore...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

hu am i in court ?

look this is ATS alien forum... I I talked about the claim that the general opinion of science was that in the 70s there was no live and no water on mars or moon... which is true..
I know this for a fact... you more or less ask me to translate and go through many... newspapers that would take a lot of time... look I have to work tomorrow in my time zone it's 21:55... and I really don't care what you think.. I know what I know.

I'm not inclined to go any further this whole tread was about AA in my opinion you derailing the tread by just asking the same question again and again.... kinda silly. If you haven't anything to say than declining existance of OOParts EVD or bikkering about the possibility that science had a different opinion in the 70''s you have said it all and you really arent contributing to the discussion anymore...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

hu am i in court ?

look this is ATS alien forum... I talked about the claim that the general opinion of science was that in the 70s there was no live and no water on mars or moon... which is true..

And I stated that it was not true.
So?

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think you're asking the right questions. Don't know the answear, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

As for Ancient Cave Paintings our Ancestors felt Compelled to create , some of the Images do seem to have a Resemblance to Modern Day accounts of Alien Beings described by people who have Allegedly had Close Encounters with them .The Scientific Establishment Theorizes that some of those Paintings were nothing more than Metaphor's of their Spiritual Beliefs , and Not Real Live Representations of Actual Beings . Who is to say they are Wrong ?

The Australian aborigines are very clear about their experiences with ET´s and crafts. The Egiptians have those UFO Helicopter Airplanes carvings and several renascence and middle ages paintings depicting very realistic UFO´s

I think there is a strong basis for the Ancient Aliens theory just have to give some credit to our ancestors too they were at least as intelligent as we are...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join