It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What to do with the Ancient Aliens ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
a reply to: Harte

and don't understand that there actually are no OOPArts.

it's not OOParts it's OPP Artefacts... nothing to with Arts

Out-of-place artifact (OOPArt) is a term coined by American naturalist and cryptozoologist Ivan T. Sanderson for an object of historical, archaeological, or paleontological interest found in a very unusual or seemingly impossible context[1] that could challenge conventional historical chronology by being "too advanced" for the level of civilization that existed at the time, or showing "human presence" well before humans were supposed to exist.

Wiki

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I agree. Too many assume if we see objects in the sky, they must be aliens from outer space

Good one but what else ?

inner earth , other dimension , under the sea , parallel dimensions , other time , other timeline or astral plane , from hell or Dijnn...
I tried to call them non-humans but people keep refer them as aliens... so I use that for lack of a better word.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

There's more, you know.

So rust where there wasn't any and a ceramic pot... hmmmm... do you this he is a pathological lier or dit he just made some mistakes...

He made the mistake of not paying the potter enough to keep him quiet about his hoax.

EVD lies for money. If you insist on believing him anyway, might I suggest that you buy his books at a used bookstore? At least that way you do the least damage to the truth.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Indeed it's OOPart and not 'OOParts' as you wrote before so you misquoted ...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Indeed it's OOPart and not 'OOParts' as you wrote before so you misquoted ...

Ever heard of the term "plural?"

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

f you insist on believing him anyway, might I suggest that you buy his books at a used bookstore? At least that way you do the least damage to the truth.

... and of course you know the truth... pfff ... bet you didn't read a single of von daniken or klaus donnars books... just ad hominem no more... von daniken and then me... that sets the tone....

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

f you insist on believing him anyway, might I suggest that you buy his books at a used bookstore? At least that way you do the least damage to the truth.

... and of course you know the truth... pfff ... bet you didn't read a single of von daniken or klaus donnars books... just ad hominem no more... von daniken and then me... that sets the tone....

I am intimately familiar with EVD's "work," as I am with that of several other peddlers of lies to the ignorant. Of this you would be certain if you'd read any of my posts on the topic over the last decade.
But feel free to characterize me anyway you want. After that "OPP Artifact" gaffe, what you say here has very little weight.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Martian south polar ice cap first reported on in 1666.

so how did they know it was frozen water ? With a spectrometer ??... could also be frozen c02 that is what they said in 1977... no water on mars...frozen c02 frozen c02 cardice is no water on mars... I actually heard that said on Dutch television in 1977

'Do you actually know anything about the subject?'

Well that wasn't nice !

edit on 10302016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Its very likely that the planet was visited by alien races in the past and even today. Its also very likely that these races influenced mankind and possibly other species, why not?

The annoying about AA is that according to them, everything in history was influenced by aliens... What about us? have we done anything?

I suppose a disclosure of all the info the governments have on alien visitors and their activities here is dependant on how the global population see the ufo/aliens phenomenon. This kind of tv docs/shows has helped to bring these subjects to the mainstream culture.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

After that "OPP Artifact" gaffe, what you say here has very little weight.

Ooparts... links to a cd ... you're right I should have know it's plural. to my defense english is not my native
it's just a fact that you went add hominem from the very first post on... So I guess you read his books and actually went to that second hand bookstore ...my bad sorry...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Martian south polar ice cap first reported on in 1666.

so how did they know it was frozen water ? With a spectrometer ??... could also be frozen c02 that is what they said in 1977... no water on mars...frozen c02 frozen c02 cardice is no water on mars...

No, "they" never said that.
Science doesn't speak in absolutes in the absence of data.

'Do you actually know anything about the subject?'

Well that wasn't nice !

I take it that's your answer?

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CrapAsUsual

What about us? have we done anything?

well I agree I think humanity has done a lot... without help of non-humans.

This kind of tv docs/shows has helped to bring these subjects to the mainstream culture.

Well the problem now is that the ancient alien show made a kind of caricature out of the hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

After that "OPP Artifact" gaffe, what you say here has very little weight.

Ooparts... links to a cd ... you're right I should have know it's plural. to my defense english is not my native
it's just a fact that you went add hominem from the very first post on... So I guess you read his books and actually went to that second hand bookstore ...my bad sorry...

Do you know what "ad hominem" means?
All I "went" was directly to the facts concerning EVD.
If these facts make you uncomfortable, feel free to ignore them.
However, they will still be facts.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

no data about alien visitations either... so also no absolute in science about ancient aliens or oopartS me thinks

Indeed... don't wanna fight was a bit grumpy about you being skeptic of ooparts..

but how did they present it to the public in 1977...
With slogans like the barren planet the barren moon... dry moon.
Look I know what the newspapers said in 1977... Maybe the newspapers quoted it wrong... the general opinion in 1977 was that there was no live and no water on the Moon or Mars...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The AA hypothesis was slandered by the show. The need to appease the masses with outlandish idea's washed away any credibility for anyone with any real interest in the field.

When it was first aired, I thought.. finally. The disclosure we've been waiting for. That quickly diminished as it seemed they were trying as quick as possible to push out seasons rather than caring about the content of what they were spewing.

Id like to believe we've been guided, or visited. I personally feel as if we were. But the more years that go by without answers. The harder it is to stand ground on personal beliefs.

Some of the older cave paintings do seem a bit disturbing. The similarities globally do intrigue me.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

no data about alien visitations either... so also no absolute in science about ancient aliens or oopartS me thinks

Indeed... don't wanna fight was a bit grumpy about you being skeptic of ooparts..

but how did they present it to the public in 1977...
With slogans like the barren planet the barren moon... dry moon.
Look I know what the newspapers said in 1977... Maybe the newspapers quoted it wrong... the general opinion in 1977 was that there was no live and no water on the Moon or Mars...

"Barren" doesn't mean dry. Nor is it a term used as an absolute concerning Mars OR the Moon.

In the seventies, a probe was sent to Mars to check for signs of life.

None was found.

Maybe that's what you're remembering, but even then "they" never said there was no life. Only that their experiments hadn't detected any.

Harte

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Do you know what "ad hominem" means?

Yes I know , but this tread is not about EVD but about the ancient alien hypothesis. You more or less made it clear that EVD is a fraud in your opinion , without any reference to AA. And then you started belittle me... 'do you know anything about the subject ?'... not nice.. but well ok..

Facts is that EVD is less important than the AA hypothesis. And that there are indeed very interesting OOPArts that defy any explanation...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Give him breathing room. This isn't his normal forum. I think he meant to click Ancient Civilizations....

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

never said there was no life. Only that their experiments hadn't detected any.

Yes they did after the viking landings... No live on mars because the atmosphere wasn't dense enough ...

Maybe that's what you're remembering...

Yes I do.

Ok have it your way :

'they never said that there was no life' , they always since 1666 knew ice (water) was on mars... pfff... I don't care. I for myself know that science has changed it's opinion many times regarding mars and the moon and the exoplanets...

Oh yeah and there was always water on the colorful moon

namaste !

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I think he meant to click Ancient Civilizations....

oh... that explains a lot.... stupid me

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join