It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Wikileaks...this is the real October Surprise that is going to stop Hillary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I guess everyone is holding out for single payer, which is the inevitable result once the insurance industry collapses under the high cost of medical treatment.

I guess everyone is holding out for the government to acknowledge they don't know how to handle health insurance and go back to what actually worked.

...what? It's more truth than what you just said. After watching this democrat-created boondoggle, why would anyone want to see the government mess it up even more?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

For those of you who are interested in seeing just how unbalanced the situation has gotten, go watch Requiem of an American Dream on Netflix. I thought it was common knowledge how consolidated money and power has gotten at the top and how bad that was for the rest of us, but perhaps it's not.

Go watch it.

No.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I guess everyone is holding out for single payer, which is the inevitable result once the insurance industry collapses under the high cost of medical treatment.

I guess everyone is holding out for the government to acknowledge they don't know how to handle health insurance and go back to what actually worked.

...what? It's more truth than what you just said. After watching this democrat-created boondoggle, why would anyone want to see the government mess it up even more?

No, it's not more truth than what I said. The present system, with or without the ACA, simply is not sustainable. Although, if they can incentivize young people into the system, they might be able to kick the can down the road for a decade or so.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

For those of you who are interested in seeing just how unbalanced the situation has gotten, go watch Requiem of an American Dream on Netflix. I thought it was common knowledge how consolidated money and power has gotten at the top and how bad that was for the rest of us, but perhaps it's not.

Go watch it.

No.

Yes. I'll be there in fifteen minutes to personally abscond with all your tax dollars and force you to watch the film. Please IM me your address.

P.S.

If you weren't in the group identified in my first sentence, I wasn't asking you to watch it.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

The below statements are based on this chart: acasignups.net...

Only 3% of Americans will DIRECTLY feel the sting of Obamacare. That being said, NEWS about the negative impacts that ObamaScrew regulations, taxes, and premium increases are having on businesses, is spreading quickly.

Businesses/Employers will begin receive notices of their 2017 premium and tax increases starting next Tuesday, November the 1st. The 45% of Americans who get their medical coverage through their job, will feel the sting indirectly, but will not be notified of exactly how, until after November 8th.. Especially if it's a "Hillary Friendly" company they work for.

NOTE: Don't underestimate the negative effect that the documents coming from WikiLeaks, Judicial Watch, and other Citizen Protection interests, are having. Even Hillary supporters are starting to sense that she may screw all of us.

edit on 10/27/2016 by carewemust because: added Note.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If you weren't in the group identified in my first sentence, I wasn't asking you to watch it.

*shrug*

I don't know why anyone would be interested in anything to do with Noam Chomsky. I recommend that people ignore the works of a so-called intellectual that makes his money pushing demographic divisions and hating the USA.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

*shrug*

I don't know why anyone would be interested in anything to do with Noam Chomsky. I recommend that people ignore the works of a so-called intellectual that makes his money pushing demographic divisions and hating the USA.

If you don't like Noam, you can get the same information in strictly fact-based form from plenty of different sources.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Insurance is, in essence, gambling.

It seems that if the only way to make this work is to force young people (who don't often need medical care, and who typically can least afford it, not to mention the tendency to say "screw it" and spend the premium money on beer), then the plan flat out sucks.

It all hinges on a contingent that is less likely to than witnessing Bigfoot swoop down on a unicorn and win a fight against Elvis in the town square of Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Insurance is, in essence, gambling.

It seems that if the only way to make this work is to force young people (who don't often need medical care, and who typically can least afford it, not to mention the tendency to say "screw it" and spend the premium money on beer), then the plan flat out sucks.

It all hinges on a contingent that is less likely to than witnessing Bigfoot swoop down on a unicorn and win a fight against Elvis in the town square of Atlantis.

That's why they're going to have to basically PAY young people to get into the plan, or in essence buy them free (or borderline free) health insurance.

It's either that or collapse. And collapse puts us right back where we were, which is simply unsustainable.

Single Payer will get here eventually, and Millennials are probably the group to make it happen. But that will be a huge fight because it will eat a huge hole in the pockets of the people who run our government.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

What Obamacare essentially is, is another tax on whats left of the middle class. The wealthy don't care about their insurance costs, if they have any. The poor either are on medicare, or cannot afford the premiums.

If single payer happens....same thing. The rich don't pay taxes. The the taxes that the middle class pays are given to the poor. The poor...they get paid regardless. Maybe not much....but to them its a lot when that tax return comes in.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What Obamacare essentially is, is another tax on whats left of the middle class. The wealthy don't care about their insurance costs, if they have any. The poor either are on medicare, or cannot afford the premiums.

If single payer happens....same thing. The rich don't pay taxes. The the taxes that the middle class pays are given to the poor. The poor...they get paid regardless. Maybe not much....but to them its a lot when that tax return comes in.

You're right -- the rich don't pay taxes. That's a problem that must be fixed.

But the rich do draw enormous profits from the current healthcare system. They will resist single payer vehemently.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix Sorry but your democrat talking point wont work, its amazing how the same lame excuse gets filtered down to people who watch MSNBC. That's not accurate at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix Sorry but your democrat talking point wont work, its amazing how the same lame excuse gets filtered down to people who watch MSNBC. That's not accurate at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

You couldn't be more wrong. I get my insurance through my company and my premiums have gone up 300% since ACA took effect and my open enrollment for next year starts Monday. We will see how much it goes up again.

The majority of employers only PARTIALLY pay premiums.

Premiums aren't the only issue. I can't get a 1500 family deductible anymore. It got killed last year. This past year it was 3000 family deductible. I went from 5k maximum out of pocket to 12.5k maximum out of pocket.

You seem very ignorant of how insurance works in the country. I'm guessing you are either young and on your parents plan, you don't have insurance at all, or you have a very cheap single plan with a high deductible and never use it.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

The rich don't pay taxes? I know you can't be that ignorant...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The rich don't pay taxes? I know you can't be that ignorant...

Why are you challenging me instead of the mod I was agreeing with?

Sometimes a point isn't worth the hassle. But since you're pressing me on it.. Yes, the rich do pay taxes. However, the rich have been afforded tax loopholes that are not available to the rest of us, often under the auspices of increasing investment or employment opportunities for others, although there is little proof the loopholes do anything more than line their pockets. Furthermore, there are certain types of taxes that disproportionately effect the wealthy, and their powerful lobbyists have kept those low while taxes have steadily increased on the rest of us.

Also, the degree to which we tax the ultra-wealthy (both individuals and corporations) in this country is far less than in many other industrialized nations. It is not unusual, due to various government kickbacks, for large corporations to avoid paying taxes completely.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You couldn't be more wrong. I get my insurance through my company and my premiums have gone up 300% since ACA took effect and my open enrollment for next year starts Monday. We will see how much it goes up again.

The majority of employers only PARTIALLY pay premiums.

Premiums aren't the only issue. I can't get a 1500 family deductible anymore. It got killed last year. This past year it was 3000 family deductible. I went from 5k maximum out of pocket to 12.5k maximum out of pocket.

You seem very ignorant of how insurance works in the country. I'm guessing you are either young and on your parents plan, you don't have insurance at all, or you have a very cheap single plan with a high deductible and never use it.

I'm not saying it isn't happening, I'm saying it is your employer that is screwing you over. If you don't like it, you and your fellow employees should get together and speak out against that. If only there were organizations around that gave a voice to the workers???

I don't care what you think of me or what insurance I have. But if you want to know, I'm self employed and have a very good family coverage health insurance policy. I don't buy it on the exchange, I buy it directly to from the health insurance company.

If you don't like your situation, change it...don't cry about it online.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

My company isn't screwing me, in fact they offer me the best deal I can get.

I think you are lying about your plan and your first post in this thread shows you know nothing about the insurance problems the US is having right now. Even Hilary disagrees with you.
edit on 27-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What tax loopholes are not available to you? At what rate do you think the ultra rich should be taxed?
edit on 27-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What tax loopholes are not available to you?

Well, for starters, I can't avoid paying income tax for the rest of my natural life (or for any period at all) in the manner trump did. That was a loophole lobbied into the tax code specifically by the real-estate lobby.

If I declare bankruptcy and default on my loans, I lose my ability to claim those loans as a loss.

As far as what rate the ultra wealthy should be taxed at, the answer is not so simple as simply trotting out a percentage.

The rich make their money differently than the rest of us --- primarily through various investments. That's one reason the capital gains tax is so much lower than the taxes you and I pay on our income. You and I don't have lobbyists.

We also can't afford vacation homes (most of us, anyway), so the fact that the rich can claim the mortgage interest on their gigantic secondary and tertiary mortgages never crosses our minds.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join