It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Preparing For War With Russia? 300 Marines Deployed To Norway Near Russian Border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hmmm. So many so sure. 300 is nothing. In fact, normal.

Well I have a finger, and out of ten of them, it only takes one to send the intended message.

A fist is little, compared to the bird...

but on the brink of WWIII everything is fine! *sips coffee*

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: burdman30ott6

300 Marines against something like 10 Russian Tank Divisions on the Boarder with Norway , and with Logistics on their side . Not a Good Place to be Jarheads.......

It doesn't say 300 naked, defenseless Marines... I'm not a Marine, but I've known a few through the years. If I had to place bets, I'd take the 300 against whatever.

Rar rar rar rar.

They are just men.

Sure they may take 2 or 3 men down for evey one of them killed but they will still die. They are not invincible or super heros.

All they can do is slow those tank divisions down.

Its that arrogant thinking that leads politicians to send insufficient numbers and equipment on combat operations.
edit on 26-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
300 Marines?

Sounds like they are ready to march all the way to Vladivostok!

Talk about overkill!!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The way I see that is that now that there's an agreement between Norway and the U.S. for some Marines to be deployed in Norway, the number could be increased probably over a phone call (I may be exaggerating but I hope that gets the idea across).

The difficulty was surely agreeing to the terms of the deployment. Once that's out of the way, the number could go from 300 to 10,000 or more essentially overnight in my opinion. That's why I believe this is such a big deal.

If you read between the lines, I believe that kind of thing is what Russia is concerned about:

“Taking into account multiple statements made by Norwegian officials about the absence of threat from Russia to Norway, we would like to understand why Norway is so much willing to increase its military potential, in particular through the stationing of American forces in Vaernes," said Maxime Gourov, spokesman for the Russian embassy in Oslo, according to Agence France-Presse.
LINK

That quote is laughable. Russia is flying their military airplanes regularly over Norwegian land and threaten us almost daily.

We here in Norway welcome our brothers from America. I hope you will be here for a long time.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

300 Marines against Russian superior forces? In case of a real battle, Norway would do better to surrender. As did Finland after the frosty war with the Soviet Union at that time. The last air drills of Scandinavia were pounded with radar waves of Russia S-300 all the time. In real conditions, those planes would have been downed for minutes. Let face the reality. Europe cannot withstand a Russian attack unless using nuclear weapons. Only Russia has more of them. And may be something more in store as reports come for new generation EM weapons that make the Western electronics useless.
edit on 26-10-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's standard cold weather training as your forces are notorious for collapsing/giving up at the first sign of a little bit od cold weather.

We have to out up with US special forces and Marines in full on combat gear trying to complete winter Tough Guy race in the UK - in 30 years non have come close to finishing and they're first to drop/give up from hypothermia while old women, peopple in wheelchairs/prosthetic legs or the 'gimp squad' who wear only thongs - run laps round them and complete the race no issue.

Even my 84 year old boss (ex grenadier guards) runs the course every day and doesn't grumble - www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

!!!!!!!

But they are US marines!

Super soilders who can run through siberia naked and were a single solder can destroy a entire Russian tank division with there little finger and patriotism!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It´s preparing a war by adding fuel to the fire.
Like the following act:

NATO Calls for More Troops for Largest Military Build-up on Russia's Borders Since Cold War

U.S. looks to allies to fill battle groups of some 4,000 soldiers as part of NATO's response to Moscow's annexation of Crimea amid concerns it could try a similar tactic in ex-Soviet states.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Every time I read articles like this I think of those idiots who gave Obama a Nobel Peace Prize. FOR WHAT? Bringing back the cold war with the specter of world nuclear annihilation.

Obama truly is the head of an Obamanation( Abomination)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: bastion

!!!!!!!

But they are US marines!

Super soilders who can run through siberia naked and were a single solder can destroy a entire Russian tank division with there little finger and patriotism!

Indeed, sorry America but your guys are a laughing stock when it comes to damp cold.

That's why it's so much fun laughing at them on the verge of collapse/third stage hypothermia within the first mile or so of the run in their multi-mulion pound kit, and having spent all their energy on bravado bull#. Meanwhile everyone else is in standard sunday footy gear wondering why they're being such big girl's blouses about a little bit of icy water.

Obviously we jump in and save them with a nice warm brew when they get to the point where they can't move/speak and give them a couple of minutes before offering to send them back out - but they're too used to being pampered with billions of pounds worth of pointless treatment to grow a pair and head back out to complete it.

Would be interesting to see how they'd react to seeing how all UK schools make kids play rugby, slaps and the like from age 11 onwards without the luxury of a brew/warm dry clothes oor warm shower at the end - any complaining and the PE teacher wouls just tackle us and punch us in the stomach so we were too winded to moan and learnt how not to be soft.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

4000 is not a buildup in the sense being conveyed. Even more so when that number is split between 4 countries. Not to mention the actions by Russia are what led to the deployment of NATO forces in those 4 countries. 4 countries that NATO specifically did not place NATO forces in (except for the baltic nations air mission as they dont have an airforce) until Putin went full Stalin that is.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Then I misunderstood your point, my fault.
edit on 26-10-2016 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: thesungod

These forces could be equipped for going to actual war this time. Didn't Russia initiate a recall of certain citizens residing outside of the country last week? I remember reading this someplace.

And they did a 40 million person nuke drill Oct 4 - 7th. Here, we did, nothing. We talked about "grab that p****y"

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

They did a civil defense drill for an emergency. It wasn't specifically a nuclear weapons drill. They hold them every year.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They did a civil defense drill for an emergency. It wasn't specifically a nuclear weapons drill. They hold them every year.

They hold them every year? I wonder why? Meanwhile, back in the States, it's nappy time.

oh btw. It was a nuke drill, not just an "emergency"
www.dailymail.co.uk... helters-protect-Moscow-s-entire-population.html
edit on 26-10-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Do you seriously think Russia / China are going to start a nuclear war? Russia seems to be the one fixated on nuclear weapons and using them.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Oh by the way, no it wasn't.

According to the Russian Ministry for Civil Defense, the “main goal of the drill is to practice organization of management during civil defense events and emergency and fire management, to check preparedness of management bodies and forces of civil defense on all levels to respond to natural and man-made disasters and to take civil defense measures.”

www.activistpost.com...

Or was the Russian Civil Defense lying, and all the tabloids telling the truth? It was not specifically a nuclear drill.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What other common meaning is there to "civil defense" other than protection against aerial attack? None that I'm aware of.

This phrase "civil defense events and emergency and fire management" sure sounds like bombardment. Russia is not in a strong earthquake or hurricane zone.

edit on 26-10-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Do you seriously think Russia / China are going to start a nuclear war? Russia seems to be the one fixated on nuclear weapons and using them.

Absolutely not. America will, that's why Putin is getting ready. Sorry, Hillary will.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: thesungod

These forces could be equipped for going to actual war this time. Didn't Russia initiate a recall of certain citizens residing outside of the country last week? I remember reading this someplace.

And they did a 40 million person nuke drill Oct 4 - 7th. Here, we did, nothing. We talked about "grab that p****y"

3 years ago their annual nuke drill involved 60 million people ..... Make of that what you will

However 300 marines? Against the entire Russian army? Someone has been reading too many comics

(Seriously, if they had said 300 Spartans then I could have believed it)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join