It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Preparing For War With Russia? 300 Marines Deployed To Norway Near Russian Border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Civil Defense roles have changed. In Hawaii, Civil Defense tracks hurricanes and storms and organizes responses after natural disasters. After the Cold War ended their role changed.

So you're saying that a natural disaster wouldn't cause a fire? Did you miss the part where they said man made or natural disasters?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: thesungod

These forces could be equipped for going to actual war this time. Didn't Russia initiate a recall of certain citizens residing outside of the country last week? I remember reading this someplace.

And they did a 40 million person nuke drill Oct 4 - 7th. Here, we did, nothing. We talked about "grab that p****y"

3 years ago their annual nuke drill involved 60 million people ..... Make of that what you will

However 300 marines? Against the entire Russian army? Someone has been reading too many comics

(Seriously, if they had said 300 Spartans then I could have believed it)

Yes, RT mentioned this. The drills began in 2012 so that's not really that long ago. And to me, it shows Russia actually cares about it's people while our government prefers to downplay global tensions. Keep you distracted with the little stuff and give you a free circus. I will concede there is no mention about it being specifically a nuclear drill but it's isn't a stretch to assume the Russian army would include it as part of the exercise.

To expound on this, EMERCOM has been upgrading and building bomb shelters in a new initiative since 2015.

Representatives for the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry (EMERCOM) said that all bomb shelters and underground shelters in Moscow meant for the evacuation of people in case of a nuclear attack or other emergencies, “were prepared and will be able to accommodate the entire population of the capital.” “As a result of the introduction of new approaches to civil defense, an inventory of underground facilities of the city was conducted. The Moscow underground facilities will be able to protect 100% of the population of the city,” deputy head of EMERCOM of Russia in Moscow, Andrei Mishchenko said.

Two years ago, Russia conducted drills to repulse a nuclear attack on Moscow and strike a massive retaliatory blow. Reportedly, President Putin used the “nuclear suitcase” during the drills. In 2015, both Russian and American generals said for the first time that a nuclear war between the United States and Russia was close like never before.

www.globalresearch.ca...

I would think despite everything you read or "don't read", you don't need to have everything written down for you. Russia has been prepping for the big one and to downplay it as just merely "civil defense" is an understatement which I believe sends the wrong message.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Do you seriously think Russia / China are going to start a nuclear war? Russia seems to be the one fixated on nuclear weapons and using them.

Absolutely not. America will, that's why Putin is getting ready. Sorry, Hillary will.

Then you have no clue about our nuclear weapon command and control. While the President is the only person who can authorize a nuclear release they cant do it by themselves. We employ a 2 man system, including the Presidential level.

Clinton nor Trump can authorize a release on their own.

and again Russia is the one lipping off about nukes and war, not the US.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do you seriously think Russia / China are going to start a nuclear war? Russia seems to be the one fixated on nuclear weapons and using them.

Absolutely not. America will, that's why Putin is getting ready. Sorry, Hillary will.

Then you have no clue about our nuclear weapon command and control. While the President is the only person who can authorize a nuclear release they cant do it by themselves. We employ a 2 man system, including the Presidential level.

Clinton nor Trump can authorize a release on their own.

and again Russia is the one lipping off about nukes and war, not the US.

Your whole comment was a straw man

eta: I guess i should explain. My knowledge of the inner workings of US national defense is irrelevant. Hillary et al, will go to war with Russia which then would make America responsible if a conventional war turns to a nuclear one. America is over there and Syria belongs to Russia. This is already an illegal war. Russia was invited, US wasn't and should gtfo. So if anything should happen after Hillary gets in, don't be blaming Russia. She's only defending herself. Doesn't matter who draws first nuke blood, America started this fight.
edit on 26-10-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2016 by TheFlyOnTheWall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

A Slippery Slope to a Possible Escalation if U.S. Forces were to be Increased . Diplomacy and Cooler Heads need to Prevail here . Fingers Crossed.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The workings of government is very much relevant considering it directly impacts military operations and diplomacy.

Assuming Clinton is going to war with Russia is based on speculation thats not supported by fact. Clintons position on a no fly zone dealt solely with Aleppo and not the entire country.

Syria belongs to the Syrian people and not Russia.

The US led coalition has Syrias permission to strike ISIS in their country.

Putin's actions are the reason for whats occurring and they arent defending themselves from the West nor NATO since they have done nothing to do with Putin's choices.

America has not started anything with Russia. Russia's invasion of Ukraine / occupation of Ukraine territory is what started us all down this road. Ironic Russia keeps blaming the West / NATO considering Russia was a NATO partner for peace member (among other NATO programs they were involved in).

Russia comparing Aleppo to Grozny is very much a problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Stop the propaganda.

Really no one believes it.

Russia and USA are as bad as each other.

There is no "good" or "bad" side. Just two pathetic countrys dick waving.

For every Crimea there is a Iraq.

For every Syria there is a Libya.

The USA and Russia are up to there necks in dirt.

Neither have any moral high ground.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Syria belongs to the Syrian people and not Russia.

Putin's actions are the reason for whats occurring and they arent defending themselves from the West nor NATO since they have done nothing to do with Putin's choices.

America has not started anything with Russia. Russia's invasion of Ukraine / occupation of Ukraine territory is what started us all down this road. Ironic Russia keeps blaming the West / NATO considering Russia was a NATO partner for peace member (among other NATO programs they were involved in).

Russia comparing Aleppo to Grozny is very much a problem.

Both US and Russia have permission, Russia has been calling for all UN nations to unite incombaitting ISIS since 2015 - for the past 60 years the US has been directly threatening Russia and surrounding it by arming opposition and impossing western puppet leaders/ While illegally arming their allies with nukes.

I think you're getting the Soviet Union mixed up with Russia - here;s Putin's own words for why NATO is more of a dictatorship then democracy and have to admit I agree with him.

First, they continue their policy of expanding NATO. What for? If the Warsaw Bloc stopped its existence, the Soviet Union have collapsed and, nevertheless, the NATO continues expanding as well as its military infrastructure. Then they offered the poor Soviet countries a false choice: either to be with the West or with the East. Sooner or later, this logic of confrontation was bound to spark off a grave geopolitical crisis. This is exactly what happened in Ukraine, where the discontent of population with the current authorities was used and the military coup was orchestrated from outside — that triggered a civil war as a result.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The origins go back 60 years of US agression side by provoking or ignoring illegal oil, weapons, money laundering etc...East vs West - you're wither with us or against us attitudes.

Russia is by no means innocent - but there's good reason why the US has started more wars in the past 60 years than all other nations combined.
edit on 27-10-2016 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
the Obama/Clinton regimes are out of time allowed to be poking the Russian Bear...
this limit includes the troops the thread is addressing...directly provoking Russia with NATO Troops on Russia's border no less...

2 must read linked pages: conservativedailypost.com... ober_1715&utm_medium=OneSignal

...BREAKING: China Has Just Joined Russia, Then New Allies Send BOLD Message To Obama
Posted by Martin Walsh | Oct 26, 2016 | National Security

also this piece: www.wakingtimes.com...

False Flag Attack Imminent in Syria as Globalists Engineer World War III

...the Russians have been caught up in a pinchers maneouver by HRC/Obama/Progressive Administration in that the Russians are being blamed for all hacking into controversial e-mails from Hillary/Obama's covert messages under a fake avatar-name... the DNC exposures... the cyber attacks/DDOS operations...(all of which could very well be coming from a covert CIA/FBI/dark OPs platoon of false-flag hackers)
edit on th31147757497727292016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Assuming Clinton is going to war with Russia is based on speculation thats not supported by fact

Are you living under a rock? That frothy hag is chomping at the bit. Putin has pulled out the nukes and has repeatedly stated to back the F off or we will go to war. I'm paraphrasing but a vote for hillary is a vote for world war 3. Clinton proposing a no fly zone is out of her jurisdiction. Syria is Russia's ally, to say Russia can't fly there is beyond asinine. And did you make that map to show me geography? Yes, I'm aware of where Syria is thanks. But when I said it belongs to Russia, I mean as allies.

Since when? I'm going to have to call bull# on that one.
www.globalresearch.ca...

Putin's actions are the reason for whats occurring

?? This is just absolutely false. It would seem at this point there's no more need to keep discussing this with you because your reality of the situation is backwards. If you haven't been paying attention to what's going on and what the Syrian war is really all about then you don't have a clue about the complications involved. Yeah, the Syrian war is ALL Russia's fault. What a sad state of affairs the world has become. The only 'fault' of Russia was to tell Prince Bandar to piss off in 2011 and you likely have no idea what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I can understand a person being wrong, but this post is not just incorrect.

Its an outright lie, and I do not appreciate being lied to in the least. There is no way that anyone can possibly suggest that what you have posted is accurate, or that you would have any legitimate reason for thinking that it represents the situation on the ground.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

and Russia occupies / annexed Crimea / E. Ukraine. The same cant be said of the US in Libya or Iraq. If you guys are incapable of understanding that then thats on you.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Both US and Russia have permission, Russia has been calling for all UN nations to unite incombaitting ISIS since 2015 - for the past 60 years the US has been directly threatening Russia and surrounding it by arming opposition and impossing western puppet leaders/ While illegally arming their allies with nukes.

The US nor NATO can "surround" Russia. Geography 101 should make that clear yet people keep making this same failed argument.

Fact: This claim ignores the facts of geography. Russia's land border is just over 20,000 kilometres long. Of that, 1,215 kilometres, or less than one-sixteenth, face current NATO members.

Russia shares land borders with 14 countries (Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, North Korea). Only five of them are NATO members.

Claims that NATO is building bases around Russia are similarly groundless. Outside the territory of NATO nations, NATO only maintains a significant military presence in three places: Kosovo, Afghanistan, and at sea off the Horn of Africa. All three operations are carried out under United Nations mandate, and thus carry the approval of Russia, along with all other Security Council members. Before Russia's aggressive actions in Ukraine began, Russia provided logistical support to the Afghan mission, and cooperated directly with the counter-piracy operation, showing clearly that Russia viewed them as a benefit, not a threat.

With respect to the permanent stationing of U.S. and other Allied forces on the territory of other Allies in Europe, NATO has full abided by the commitments made in the NATO-Russia Founding Act. There has been no permanent stationing of additional combat forces on the territory of other allies; and total force levels have, in fact, been substantially reduced since the end of the Cold War

NATO has partnership relationships with many countries in Europe and Asia, as can be seen from this interactive map. Such partnerships, which are requested by the partners in question, focus exclusively on issues agreed with them, such as disaster preparedness and relief, transparency, armed forces reform, and counter-terrorism. These partnerships cannot legitimately be considered a threat to Russia, or to any other country in the region, let alone an attempt at encirclement.

Please explain how Russia is "surrounded".

The US nuclear weapons deployed to 5 NATO nations is not illegal nor is it arming those nations. The nukes are under US command and requires US authorization to arm and release.

originally posted by: bastion
I think you're getting the Soviet Union mixed up with Russia - here;s Putin's own words for why NATO is more of a dictatorship then democracy and have to admit I agree with him.

First, they continue their policy of expanding NATO. What for? If the Warsaw Bloc stopped its existence, the Soviet Union have collapsed and, nevertheless, the NATO continues expanding as well as its military infrastructure. Then they offered the poor Soviet countries a false choice: either to be with the West or with the East. Sooner or later, this logic of confrontation was bound to spark off a grave geopolitical crisis. This is exactly what happened in Ukraine, where the discontent of population with the current authorities was used and the military coup was orchestrated from outside — that triggered a civil war as a result.
www.washingtonpost.com...

The origins go back 60 years of US agression side by provoking or ignoring illegal oil, weapons, money laundering etc...East vs West - you're wither with us or against us attitudes.

Russia is by no means innocent - but there's good reason why the US has started more wars in the past 60 years than all other nations combined.

No Putin is getting Russia confused with the Soviet Union. Russia was a member of NATO's partnership for peace program until recently and had a seat on the council that was created after the collapse of the USSR. Putin has spread lies about NATO expansion, including with Ukraine. Any NATO member can block another country from joining NATO and a few European NATO countries have stated they wont allow Ukraine in.

Ironic Russia had no issues with NATO until recently.

There was no military coup in Ukraine, let alone a normal coup. The government that was elected in 2012, and that Russia accepted, voted to impeach Yanukovych. Yanukovych fled before they could hold the second vote. Russia has recognized the Ukraine government several times now and only resorts back to the coup lies when they are trying to threaten Ukraine for leverage over Russia's failure to abide by Minsk I and Minsk II agreements.
edit on 27-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The USA and UK stormed into Iraq on a trumped up bull# reason and #ed up the entire country and trashed it into ground and doomed it to decades of civil strife. If you cant see that is WRONG then thats on you.

UK , France and USA bombed Libya back to the stone age, Like Russia in Syria.

USA and UK are no moral angels and should not be pointing fingers.

Russia are no moral angels either.

Both sides are full of #ing #!
edit on 27-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Are you living under a rock? That frothy hag is chomping at the bit. Putin has pulled out the nukes and has repeatedly stated to back the F off or we will go to war. I'm paraphrasing but a vote for hillary is a vote for world war 3. Clinton proposing a no fly zone is out of her jurisdiction. Syria is Russia's ally, to say Russia can't fly there is beyond asinine. And did you make that map to show me geography? Yes, I'm aware of where Syria is thanks. But when I said it belongs to Russia, I mean as allies.

Putin pulled out the nuke card because the Russian military cant back up Putins rhetoric on its own. Russia has made all the aggressive moves and created the very conditions that Putin and his lapdogs are bitching about.

As for Syria and a a no fly Clintons comments targeted Aleppo only. A fact that Putin apologists tend to ignore because it undermines the propaganda they are pushing about the US.

I made the map because you lied to everyone by stating Syria belongs to Russia. I was pointing out, as Canada did with Ukraine and Russia, that you along with Russia need to learn geography because what you claim is a flat out lie.

If you are going to try and make a point then maybe spend more than 5 minutes on your post and make sure your info is accurate before you post and dont get pissed when your called out because you left critical information out.

Since when? I'm going to have to call bull# on that one.
www.globalresearch.ca...

Syrian Foreign Minister: The US Said 'We Are Not After The Syrian Army' Before Airstrikes

...UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Syria's foreign minister said Monday that the U.S.-led bombing campaign should be expanded to target other militant groups besides the Islamic State group, noting that the fight against terrorism has aligned the Syrian regime with its Western and Arab opponents in a fight against a common enemy.

... Last month, al-Moallem warned at a news conference in Damascus that any strike that was not coordinated with the Assad government would be considered as aggression.

But on Monday he denied saying that coordination was necessary, adding that Damascus was satisfied with simply being informed of any U.S.-led action, which he said the Obama administration did before the start last week of the aerial campaign in Syria.

So which is it? Does the US have the consent of the Syrian government or no? I am saying yes and Syrias position is geared toward its domestic audience. If Syria did not want groups attacking ISIS then they can engage the various airforces and ask Russia to shut down Syrian airspace to them.

Please explain to us why that has not happened, after several years of airstrikes by coalition aircraft? Do you think a Syrian FM is going to state a position of the Syrian government without Assad's consent / backing?

nope...

?? This is just absolutely false. It would seem at this point there's no more need to keep discussing this with you because your reality of the situation is backwards. If you haven't been paying attention to what's going on and what the Syrian war is really all about then you don't have a clue about the complications involved. Yeah, the Syrian war is ALL Russia's fault. What a sad state of affairs the world has become. The only 'fault' of Russia was to tell Prince Bandar to piss off in 2011 and you likely have no idea what I'm talking about.

So you failed to understand my entire post and instead concentrated on Syria... maybe next time read the entire post and if you dont understand something ask instead of assuming and looking clueless when you try to argue a point without understanding the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Then refute what I said and cite your sources so we can see how you arrived at your position. Feel free to specifically address what you think is a "lie".

Simply stating something is a lie with nothing further is not much of an argument and having engaged with you on other topics in other threads I know you are capable of more in stating / defending your position.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The USA and UK stormed into Iraq on a trumped up bull# reason and #ed up the entire country and trashed it into ground and doomed it to decades of civil strife. If you cant see that is WRONG then thats on you.

Way to shift your goal post from Syria to Iraq. I was not aware you were a supporter of Hussein. We are in Iraq now by the request of the Iraqi government.

Just as the US and Russia are in Syria by consent of the Syrian government.

UK , France and USA bombed Libya back to the stone age, Like Russia in Syria.

UNSCR 1973 authorized the us of military force in Libya and Russia did not object. So when you accuse certain countries of bombing Libya back into the stone age make sure you include Russia in that list as inaction can make a country just as culpable.

USA and UK are no moral angels and should not be pointing fingers.

Russia are no moral angels either.

At least you included Russia in that list. Secondly who is making the argument on what countries are acting Angelic?

Both sides are full of #ing #!

Some more than others but I agree in general.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Only a village idiot argues semantics. If you're too daft to figure out I was referring to a bilateral relationship between Russia and Syria, and THEN try to pigeonhole me into a straw man argument on geography, I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell you. I'll say it again, Syria belongs to Russia.

made the map because you lied to everyone by stating Syria belongs to Russia. I was pointing out, as Canada did with Ukraine and Russia, that you along with Russia need to learn geography because what you claim is a flat out lie.

Do you work for CNN or something? You're going on and on about something you've taken out of context and are trying to spin it into something else. Take a pill brah. You're looking unbalanced here, I know where Syria is and most people here do as well. Not fooling anyone except yourself. Moving forward...

“We did not seek the regime's permission, we didn't coordinate our actions with the Syrian government, and Secretary [of State John] Kerry did not send a letter to the Syrian regime,” a State Department spokesperson told the Associated Press, perhaps trying to stave off the already festering chorus of Twitter users and analysts who recalled earlier statements by General Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Last year, Dempsey warned, “the Syrian air defense system is sophisticated and it’s dense.”

www.vanityfair.com...

That's from Sept 23. Your article from the associated press is one week later where it does appear consent was given but only provided US attacks all those jihad mofos. So let's face it. US was never given permission leading up to sept 30 and it has always been an illegal war. You won't acknowledge this because it is you who prefers to peddle bs.

So I'm still trying to find that associated press story which claims Syria's foreign minister has given consent but I can't find squat. I keep finding info to the contrary of your lies.
Oct 3

Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al Moualem on Friday cast doubt on the importance of political negotiations and argued that aerial bombardment of armed militant groups in Syria is no use if this is not coordinated with President Bashar Assad’s government, referring to the one year long US-led campaign of air strikes on ISIS in both Iraq and Syria.

www.trtworld.com...

So you see, if you want to call me a liar so you can burn down your straw man, I'll just come out and call you a liar that you suggested Walid Moallem has given the US his blessings to be there. All international efforts MUST be coordinated with the Assad regime. Period. US has not done that therefore negates your pathetic twist of the truth.

So you failed to understand my entire post and instead concentrated on Syria...

Because we're talking about the geopolitics of Syria. You would rather focus on maps.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Only a village idiot argues semantics. If you're too daft to figure out I was referring to a bilateral relationship between Russia and Syria, and THEN try to pigeonhole me into a straw man argument on geography, I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell you. I'll say it again, Syria belongs to Russia.

Not semantics at all. You made a claim that was false and got called out for it. Syria does not belong to Russia any more than Crimea, E. Ukraine, Transnistria, Abkhazia, or S. Osettia.

Do you work for CNN or something? You're going on and on about something you've taken out of context and are trying to spin it into something else. Take a pill brah. You're looking unbalanced here, I know where Syria is and most people here do as well. Not fooling anyone except yourself. Moving forward...

Not at all.. I was giving you a visual reference of just where Russia is, where Syria is, and the fact Syria does not belong to Russia.

That's from Sept 23. Your article from the associated press is one week later where it does appear consent was given but only provided US attacks all those jihad mofos. So let's face it. US was never given permission leading up to sept 30 and it has always been an illegal war. You won't acknowledge this because it is you who prefers to peddle bs.

The US coalition has permission to attack ISIS in Syria by the Syrian government, correcting the false claims made that we don't have permission and are operating illegally, which we arent.

So I'm still trying to find that associated press story which claims Syria's foreign minister has given consent but I can't find squat. I keep finding info to the contrary of your lies.
Oct 3

Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al Moualem on Friday cast doubt on the importance of political negotiations and argued that aerial bombardment of armed militant groups in Syria is no use if this is not coordinated with President Bashar Assad’s government, referring to the one year long US-led campaign of air strikes on ISIS in both Iraq and Syria.

www.trtworld.com...

So you see, if you want to call me a liar so you can burn down your straw man, I'll just come out and call you a liar that you suggested Walid Moallem has given the US his blessings to be there. All international efforts MUST be coordinated with the Assad regime. Period. US has not done that therefore negates your pathetic twist of the truth.

and yet i provided the link and statement made by the FM that the US coalition is good to go in Syria... Maybe read the info and then argue instead of obfuscating by ignoring facts that dont support your claim.

Here is the link and excerpts you ignored -
Syrian Foreign Minister: The US Said 'We Are Not After The Syrian Army' Before Airstrikes

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Syria's foreign minister said Monday that the U.S.-led bombing campaign should be expanded to target other militant groups besides the Islamic State group, noting that the fight against terrorism has aligned the Syrian regime with its Western and Arab opponents in a fight against a common enemy.

coordination NOT required...

Last month, al-Moallem warned at a news conference in Damascus that any strike that was not coordinated with the Assad government would be considered as aggression.

But on Monday he denied saying that coordination was necessary, adding that Damascus was satisfied with simply being informed of any U.S.-led action, which he said the Obama administration did before the start last week of the aerial campaign in Syria.

Because we're talking about the geopolitics of Syria. You would rather focus on maps.

Just correcting your false claim that Syria belongs to Russia. The map also serves to debunk the false claims by other that Russia is "surrounded". Even propaganda they are pushing with that lie has to give way to the fact Russia c ant be surrounded.

Facts are important... they serve to correct false inmformation provided by others to push a false narrative... Like Syria belonging to Russia or Russia being "surrounded".

Which, btw,is the same lie they pushed with regards to Iran being "surrounded".

If you guys have a "valid argument" then there is no reason to lie / omit / obfuscate / mislead others about whats occurring.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join