It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Editorial Board statement on the status of Julian Assange, Ecuador and the US election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Why is WL being so subversive about Assange? Why not show him alive and well?! What would be the purpose of hiding this information?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Perhaps another instagram from Embassy cat would suffice.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Nothing about Julian's well being.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Why in the world would wikileaks retweet this twitter.com...

If we see more of this type of posting you can bet that something is wrong. Wikileaks, from what I know would not stoop to this level. Roger Stone?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My thoughts are that the Wikileaks content is still legitimate (at this time anyway), but there is a chance the twitter account has been compromised post-internet cut off. By acting out of place on twitter they are spreading doubt on the content.

Taking control of Wikileaks itself would require too much manpower, this method is far easier and will have a sizeable effect if they can deter regular readers and people new to Wikileaks from believing the content. There are still emails being posted that are definitely negative to the Clinton campaign currently

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

I'm sure that Sarah or someone else inside wikileaks would have taken care of a hostile take over of the account. Maybe they are spread thin and have someone manning the account that has their own personal agenda. Kinda weird that they would re-tweet a Roger Stone interview. Almost all their tweets pertain to the podesta files, so I won't start worrying just yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Looks like proof of life for Julian will be up to followers....

Thousands keep demanding Assange proof of life. Not unreasonable. He's in a tough spot and is WikiLeaks best known validator. Preference?

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Michael Moore an hour ago, outside of the Ecuadorian embassy, after spending a few hours with Assange.

The idea that the right wing in the US is freaking out about Assange's well being - and Wikileaks just tapped Michael Moore to deliver the news... It makes me laugh. A lot.

Wikileaks just mastered trolling.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

That video is a few months old. You can actually see photos of Moores visit on Assanges instagram account. Assange was granted asylum in June of 2012.

Who's trolling?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Did I read somewhere that Julian Assange asked his tech-savvy followers to stop taking down sections of the internet last week?

I don't think Assange's followers would disrupt their own websites, like Twitter, Reddit, ATS, etc.. I got the impression that someone was imitating Assange, in order to pin the mass outages on his followers.

A couple of Mainstream Media outlets immediately picked up on "his" (Assange's) supposed message, as proof that Wikileak subscribers were behind the outages. The MSM was gleefully reporting this, because any friend of WikiLeaks is an enemy of the MSM. I proudly place myself on the liberal MSM enemy list.

What I'd like to see is CNN taken down. Is there a technical way to scramble their broadcast and internet capabilities???

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
Why in the world would wikileaks retweet this twitter.com...

Congressman Cummings loosely implicated Stone by tying Stone to Trump via some tweet from August. Good interview focused on WL.

edit on 24-10-2016 by EightAhoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Not sure what you're getting at - nor if the video is actually reposted from the past for some reason... But...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

I think that the outages were in deed a couple of hacking groups sending a message. Look at the times that those sites were down. Early morning, and lunch time hours. No damage done. I lost twitter for a couple of minutes, and everyone I knew could access twitter, ats, reddit with their phones when they could not with their computers. The only sites that I could not access were the Big News sites, weather and a couple others that I can't remember. Odd? Kerry and the rest of the criminals in charge were threatening a cyberwar with Russia. I think that wikileaks supporters were sending a two pointed message.

Hackers don't pay allegiance to anything other than their own kind.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

The video is from early June. For some reason wikileaks decided to tweet it. I wouldn't know the reasoning behind it, I only know that the video is not recent.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

I'm not into who's who of politics these days, I don't like any of them, but I could be wrong about Stone. The wikileaks tweets seem a bit off today.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Why did they release a statement, on a Sunday night(when they said it would be tomorrow), that lacks any evidence that Assange is in good health and in control of Wikileaks?

So because wikileaks releases.a statement in the early hours.of.Monday Morning, while it's still Sunday night in the U.S., it's a conspiracy? You know GMT is the standard the word sets ita watches and clocks by, not EST...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Wikleaks Tweet

Reading now, wanted to get it posted so others who don't have twitter would have the chance.

Yes!! Thank you Wikileaks and # you Dems and your corrupt police and politicians...!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: zGrimReapah

Actually, they say he has asylum at the Ecuadorian embassy. Ergo he is not gone from those premises, has not been kicked out, removed, smuggled away with a bag over his head, or by other means found himself elsewhere. In order that their responsibilities where non-interference are concerned are met, the Embassy has elected to prevent Mr Assange from using the net until the end of the election process, but have not prevented Wikileaks from doing its normal business, since Mr Assange does not publish direct from there anyway, and is not running a one man show.

Wikileaks is an organisation comprised of many people, from contributors to editors, fact checkers and researchers. It will continue to perform its necessary, vital functions perfectly well without his having access to the Internet, and he will return to the web once the election is over.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
.....except that this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

At least WikiLeaks has finally acknowledged the concern for Julian's state of well-being.

WikiLeaks poll

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join