It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Editorial Board statement on the status of Julian Assange, Ecuador and the US election

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Perhaps I've got this wrong but its reasonable to assume that these days the Ecuadorean govt claim that they with withdrawn Julian Assanges internet access Iis just ONE BIG LOAD OF CRAP because every man and his dog knows that there is such a thing as wireless Internet.

Julian Assange has no shortage of people who could have a wireless interneted computer or or tablet to him in about 5 minutes flat and he could carry on regardless.

for all I know, this may be what is happening anyway, the Ecuadorean statement may be just wink wink

I dunno whether Assange is alive or dead but unfortunately I cannot believe anything coming from julian Assange until he has been seen at short distance and heard talking. Its not the first time the SS has taken control of something and 'turned' it to their advantage.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Stopping him from using their internet connection means nothing, its a bit like a parent banning a kid from using the phone due to them blocking the line but it doesn't stop them from getting a second line fitted and continuing business as usual.

It'll really annoy all those spooks who've tapped onto their feed hoping for some juicy gossip.

these days with 3g/4g links available all he needs is a sim and someone to do the pay as you go and he could be anywhere and data costs aint that high for just checking over stuff and leave the heavy data for other members.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I cant blame ecuador.

The USA could sink them in a heartbeat .

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Stopping him from using their internet connection means nothing, its a bit like a parent banning a kid from using the phone due to them blocking the line but it doesn't stop them from getting a second line fitted and continuing business as usual.

It'll really annoy all those spooks who've tapped onto their feed hoping for some juicy gossip.

these days with 3g/4g links available all he needs is a sim and someone to do the pay as you go and he could be anywhere and data costs aint that high for just checking over stuff and leave the heavy data for other members.

You really think they'd go through all the trouble of taking his internet offline and then allow him access to a device that can connect to the internet another way? ..
edit on 10/24/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

The crucial aspect here, is that if Mr Assange was using their internet connection, to make video links to the US or any news network, during the election as it stands, it could be seen as their being complicit in an attempt to alter the course of the election, for good or ill. The US government could consider that as an affront, and affronting the US government is a great way to wind up with a dose of Democracy rammed down their throats, on the tip of a JDAM missile.

So yes, there is a very important distinction between them allowing him to use their internet connection, and using an independent system. However, being an Embassy, I doubt they would be prepared to have an independent connection running to the outside, that was not under their control and administrative observation, purely because that would represent a security risk of unmanageable scale. That is probably why a wireless connection has not been explored or in any event, activated.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
That is probably why a wireless connection has not been explored or in any event, activated.

Well, if Anon's call to action with "Operation Hot Pocket" was successful, then he should have at least had intermittent access. They were calling on people to open their cell phones' wireless hotspots while loitering around the embassy.
edit on 10/24/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

It allows the Ecuador government to be seen as neutral, i'd imagine he'll be allowed to use wireless/etc if he can get a signal.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This, folks--this right here--is why a free and unregulated internet matters.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

While this seems to be good news. My concern is this was a tactical decision by Kerry and bunch. This has no effect on wikileaks releasing anything. So the question is why.

Assange and wikileaks have been transparent on his health, mental and physical due to isolation and lack of human interaction. My concern is this will have a strong effect on his already fragile situation.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No mention of his health implies he is in good health...

Inet connection severance at the embassy has no importance. All he needs is a prepaid phone contract with a tethering ability to a laptop/desktop and he is fine for commo..

Whole issue of inet hardwire severance is political theater.

B

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
October 26 - Assagne audio link with panel during The Conferencial Internacional De Software Libre in Argentina.

His words and delivery were painfully measured.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join