It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia taunts US with biggest military offensive since the Cold War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
When people in the Russian government start to compare Aleppo with Grozny you know something horrific is going to occur courtesy of Putin and Assad.

I don't know if you've been following this conflict, actually I know you have and your agenda is clear. However as always you leave out the side of the story that does not suite your narrative. Something horrific has been occurring in Aleppo and across Syria, they are called Jihadists, FSA, head choppers. You know, the guys being funded by the west and the Gulf Monarchies.

Whenever I feel like it, I'll add a little more substance to you posts. A little thing called common sense with a sprinkle of truth.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Lol where in the world did you come up with that?

Hillary might fall over and drown in her bribe money, but thats about it

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

Speaking of Agenda way to parrot Assad / Putin talking points.

You can add all the dis info / Kremlin lies all you want. It wont change the facts in question, regardless of how much you ignore them.

Russian government muppets have compared whats going to occur in Aleppo to Grozny. Feel free to contact the Russian government and let them know you know better.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

Wonder how long until the Russian house of cards collapses?

With a GDP slightly greater than that of Mexico, they must be so deep in the red is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr
Thats part of the whole thing with this. Assad gets out, the West gets its pipeline, further cutting in to Russian Oil and Gas exports, especially to Europe.

I don't think Putin is grandstanding on this one. I don't think he wants to confront NATO over it, but I think he is betting we won't want to fight him directly either.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well known fact Jihadists are in Syria murdering civilians. If that's a Putin/Assad talking point then I guess you are living under a rock. Even your go to CNN says the same.

There is no need for me to call the Kremlin or the White House, they all have their agendas. Unlike you however I aggregate my news from both sides and find the truth or as close to as I can get to the truth, It's usually in the middle. I also pride myself in having common sense want to know how I got that gift.....it's called history. Looking at historic events and learning about what counties have done and participated in. Often you can glean a perspective and see a pattern and a agenda.

I encourage you to try this. You seem intelligent enough, I've seen some of your posts on other topics. Sorry to say but most of the time reading your posts is like watching a WH briefing, vey biased and agenda driven. Just want you to know I see it.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have no idea of the true state of Russian financials. Needless to say, it's the largest country in the world with a vast amount of resources. It's like housing prices in Toroton or Vancouver, some say it's a house of cards or a bubble. Has not collapsed yet. Time will tell.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

I don't believe he does either. And yes, i agree it's all about the pipeline. That being said, it appears to me the Russians are spending huge to modernize their military and exert influence in the world stage, and i don't see how they can keep on at this pace without a sudden economic collapse similar to the USSR in '89-90.

Modernizing their army, nukes, weapons R&D, sustaining prolonged military operations in Syria. These are huge expenditures, paid for by Russian taxpayers and undoubtedly borrowing. How long can they sustain this, pipeline or not?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

They don't spend alot for soldiers (Pay, benefits, housing/barracks, etc.). It's better than what it was in the Cold War, and at least some Russian military are now volunteer contracted soldiers. But compared to the money the WEST and the US in particular puts for it's people, the reds can get a lot more BANG for their Ruble.

If they are counting for the US dollar to go off as reserve currency they can do it longer than we think.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SrWingCommander

They don't spend alot for soldiers (Pay, benefits, housing/barracks, etc.). It's better than what it was in the Cold War, and at least some Russian military are now volunteer contracted soldiers. But compared to the money the WEST and the US in particular puts for it's people, the reds can get a lot more BANG for their Ruble.

If they are counting for the US dollar to go off as reserve currency they can do it longer than we think.

I don't disagree with any one point you've made, but again, their economy is currently slightly larger than Mexicos.

Methinks they are overextending themselves.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Russia is the biggest country on Planet Earth by an absolute mile. Forget all the spending comparison talk, when push comes to shove that land mass and its fantastic resourses will always prevail.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The full weight of the Northern Fleet with elements of the Baltic force?

What's that, 6 ships? 8?

Hmmmmm

Us Naval strength

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Montana
The full weight of the Northern Fleet with elements of the Baltic force?

What's that, 6 ships? 8?

Between 46 and 56 large vessels, primarily subs.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

The flotilla they are sending though is only 6 or so surface combatants, some support vessels, and almost certainly 2-3 unseen subs, maybe more. On paper it's inferior to a US Carrier Strike Group. That doesn't make it a push over either.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

In this case Russia is sending its full fleets to syria... All 10 vessels.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

russians have one aircraft carrier

americans have 20 aircraft carriers

american military budget 596 billion a year

russian military budget 40- to 60 billion a year depending on whose numbers you look at.

if there is a naval battle it will be a short one.

either way russia is bankrupt in 6 months when they burn through the remaining gold reserves left to prop up their economy and currency.

if putin starts a war in europe they just wont buy his gas, europeans are 50 percent of russia's revenue.

oil and gas is 70 percent of russia's revenue.

all they gotta do is keep increasing sanctions and dropping the price of oil and russia is bankrupt in 6 months, cuz they burning 15 billion a day propping up their currency.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Russia is the biggest country on Planet Earth by an absolute mile. Forget all the spending comparison talk, when push comes to shove that land mass and its fantastic resourses will always prevail.

you apparently have no grasp of military strength or people per square mile..........

LAND has nothing to do with it.......manpower does......

That being said this is not a good situation for anyone.........I wonder whats going to happen when so many American Operators are killed in this.........

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bluerabbit7788

and considering Russia is in good with Iran, and others in the region........

Just WHO is going to drop the price of oil? Its not going to be the House of Saud.....thats their piggy bank......

So do tell how THATS going to happen?

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Actually we don’t know what’s happening in Aleppo just propaganda from the west media who would distort it.

According to Pepe Escobar most of the people are out of Aleppo just 30,000 left from 300,000

Meanwhile, few civilians remain trapped in eastern Aleppo – arguably no more than 30,000 or 40,000 out of an initial population of 300,000.

And that brings us to the crux of the matter explaining the Pentagon sabotage of the Russia-US ceasefire; those fits of rage by Samantha Bat# Crazy Power; the non-stop spin that Russia is committing “war crimes”.

www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Imagine the US starting a WWIII over some crazy jihadis!

That would be incredible!

The US isn’t going to do that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join