It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Russia taunts US with biggest military offensive since the Cold War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It’s all the fault of the US who would rather play power politics and not form a coalition with Russia and Iran to fight terrorism but fiddle around and use the people of Syria for pawns in their f___d up games.

Obama, Hillary, Kerry are the war criminals, hypocrites and supporters of terrorism.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Imagine the US starting a WWIII over some crazy jihadis!

That would be incredible!

The US isn’t going to do that

Yeah but.........

And you know me, im an evil conservative..........

Starting with Bush until now.......Frankenstein is kind of out of the bag......we are the owners of this monster

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It’s all the fault of the US who would rather play power politics and not form a coalition with Russia and Iran to fight terrorism but fiddle around and use the people of Syria for pawns in their f___d up games.

Obama, Hillary, Kerry are the war criminals, hypocrites and supporters of terrorism.

I have to admit , I dont know what the end game is here.......the only thing I can fathom is a "scorched earth" scenario......

Where the only objective is to destroy the whole existing system.......oil resources, minerals, and everything....to establish something else.......

Other then that I can understand why this is going down , because the power restructure doesnt make sense unless it is all undone........

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

one aircraft carrier does not give russia the capability to conduct war globally other than with landlocked neighbors.

20 aircraft carriers americans have allows americans to have air support anywhere in the world.

japanese even have more aircraft carriers than russia lol.

either way as i said its an economic war, one putin cant win.

in 6 months russia will be bankrupt.

all they gotta do is drop oil price and increase sanctions on russia

no bullets fired.

syria is just a desperate act by putin to try to link lifting sanctions with syria peace deal.

americans and europeans said no. so the peace deal failed.

they are just securing those borders in iraq so the mess in syria doesnt spread to other countries. russians can stay bogged down in that civil war that will turn into a guerilla war for next 20-30 years.

when it turns into a guerilla war, its basically iraq like iraq. except with russians in syria. all those sparring factions in the arab countries they just fund the guerilla war and it will last 20-30 years.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

economic war, putin gambled and lost, pissed of the bankers.

it ends in 6 months when putin burns through the last of the russian gold reserves propping up their falling currency.

putins just scared cuz he knows in 22 days, after the american election hacks and interference

hillary is going to raise interest rates

and also increase sanctions on russia

no military involved, no bullets fired.

putin just got greedy, he gambled and lost and pissed off the bankers.

now they kicking him out of the club and nothing he can do about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bluerabbit7788

Im not even pro Russia and I know this......

you keep citing 1 aircraft carrier........No one cares, they arent planning a war on that they will have to deploy from carriers......thats not strategic, hence controlling a region......that negates a need for Carriers.......

in 6 months russia will be bankrupt.

Speculation.....we do not dictate oil prices the middle east does, or did you totally negate that from my prior response.....

all they gotta do is drop oil price and increase sanctions on russia

you apparently dont know who "they " are, because the US and EUROPE isnt THEY.......

syria is just a desperate act by putin to try to link lifting sanctions with syria peace deal.

Syria is way more than that, its apparent that your knowledge of military strategy, and world economics is bare minimum at best........

americans and europeans said no. so the peace deal failed.

We are not the end all BE all.......

they are just securing those borders in iraq so the mess in syria doesnt spread to other countries. russians can stay bogged down in that civil war that will turn into a guerilla war for next 20-30 years.

Russia has been in the region, they got their asses whooped, they know how to choose their battles now, they arent without research or allies in the area.......Syria? Iraq? do you even know where the borders lie or why they are there? You're the worst armchair general ever......

when it turns into a guerrilla war, its basically Iraq like Iraq. except with Russians in syria. all those sparring factions in the Arab countries they just fund the guerrilla war and it will last 20-30 years.

I did 5 tours in the sandbox over there.......Its been Guerrilla warfare the whole time.......you have no idea what you're talking about, the economic factors involved or the religious factors involved........just stop.......
edit on 10/22/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/22/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

lol you have no clue.

first of all syria has been russias puppet for a long time, its why they allow the ship port to russian navy, only warm water port other than crimea.

second of all russians went in for 2 reasons.

one assad regime looked like it was going to fall.

consequences of this is, or a long time if you have read up on it and been informed, they have wanted to have a pipeline with saudi oil going down from syria through a pipeline to turkey to europe.

if you are informed at all you know russia's economy is a one trick pony, 70 percent of their revenue is oil and gas.

if assad regime fell, this means competition with russia or europes market, and cuts into that oil revenue that russia depends on.

so get your information from credible sources and learn to think for yourself other than spewing propaganda.

the 2nd reason russia is in syria they want to leverage peace talks with lifting of sanctions on russia

because as everyone knows, russia's economy and currency is not doing very well, and they will be bankrupt in 6 months based on the numbers they burning to prop up their currency with their gold.

i dont get my information from pravda lol

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: bluerabbit7788

when it turns into a guerrilla war, its basically Iraq like Iraq. except with Russians in syria. all those sparring factions in the Arab countries they just fund the guerrilla war and it will last 20-30 years.

I did 5 tours in the sandbox over there.......Its been Guerrilla warfare the whole time.......you have no idea what you're talking about, the economic factors involved or the religious factors involved........just stop.......

you may have done 5 tours over there but you were not aware of what was happening.

the american military has another word for whats happening, and its not the spin you see in the media

its called blowback by the military.

you see if you invade a country and a million civilians die, destroy infrastructure and schools, and create no future prospects for that population. well they gonna be pissed off. and the kids well they arent gonna be playing baseball or soccer and be going to school. guess who they gonna be hanging around with and talking about.

so you gonna get a generation of kids that grow up in that, well they gonna get their values and their anger from the people they were around.

russians hang around in syria, its gonna turn into a guerilla war, where they face the blowback of their military operations.

and their arab neighbors dont like assad so they will be funding that guerilla war which will last decades.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

also if you did 5 tours you should know what the military calls blowback.

its what happened in iraq , libya and afghanistan.

and what will happen in syria.

except in syria the russians will have to deal with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Imagine the US starting a WWIII over some crazy jihadis!

That would be incredible!

The US isn’t going to do that

Putin might...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Erdogan just claimed Mosul as a Turkish city as well as another city.

I wonder why Trump isn't beating up Hillary over the Gluen coup attempt? He's one of her guys, plus she's not too popular over there.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
"Boondogle" is the word I was looking for.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Iraq govt and Baghdad is Shia, so is this just as simple as Shia vs Sunni now? Are the "terrorists" being ejected from Mosul now Iranian and Hezbollah militias? Turkie taking over....a gift from NATO? Will we ever see autonomous Kurdistan? Google didn't correct the word "Kurdistan"...so I guess maybe.
edit on 24-10-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Erdogan just claimed Mosul as a Turkish city as well as another city.

source?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The other city was Aleppo, but I wasn't sure and did not want to guess.

www.nytimes.com/2016/10/24/world/middleeast/turkeys-push-to-join-battle-for-mosul-inflames-tension-with-iraq.html

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 25-10-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The US was at its relative peak of power between 1991 and 2000 due to the breakup of the soviet union and the relative weakness of China compared to the US military.
After about 8 years though things changed and the US entered a condition in which it was no longer able to have major wars. That has been clearly demonstrated by the NATO inability to push for a Georgian victory in June 2008.
At the moment instead the US cannot anymore engage in any war. Not even small conflicts, as they would quickly escalate into quagmires.
On the other hand, there's the EU, that still believes, it can drag the US into wars in which the USA is supposed to fight with them for the sake of a few EUrogarchs ... watch out for the cucumber EU ...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

nice attempt at propaganda... Wanna try again and maybe use facts this time instead of talking points issued by Putin?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If it comes to WW3 its not going to be with millitary or these kind of stuff. Its just going to be nukes all over the place.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
While Im hopefull this is true how many times have Govs said the "The war will be over in weeks"

If Im not mistaken the war we started in 2001 that was going to be over in weeks is basically still going.

Well, hopefully Russia's Military is more competent than the Wests

Our military is very competent, its just that their hands have been tied by the Obama admin.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
More with the Russia vs USA war agenda? They aren't taunting the USA.

Once Trump is in office Dems are going to be begging him to go to war with Russia. The world is upside down now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join