It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Study Finds No Explaining Weeping Madonna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Investigators studying why a statue of Madonna in the city of Rome shed tears of blood a decade ago have concluded that there is no rational explanation for the event. The report carried in an Italian newspaper was created by theologians, historians and doctors.

story.news.yahoo.com
ROME - A study conducted on the case of a statue of the Madonna reported to have shed tears of blood a decade ago concluded that the event has no human explanation, an Italian newspaper reported Sunday.

Corriere della Sera said it viewed the document ordered by the Civitavecchia diocese to review the case from several points of view and was put together by theologians, historians and doctors. It published what it said was a summary of its findings.

Corriere, Italy's leading newspaper, said the document critically analyzes all testimonies given at the time, as well as all possible explanations for the phenomenon.

"Everything — they (the experts) say unanimously — indicates that in that corner of the earth at the gates of Rome an event took place that has no human explanation and points at the mystery of the Supernatural," Corriere wrote.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Alrighty then while they seem so quick to jump to a supernatural cause for all of this, I think that if they really look hard enough a rational explanation could be found. i am already skeptical that religious people were included at all. Never mind that climatologist, and other scientists could offer a better explanation.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Fred,
if it cried today it would be crying uncontrollably

I think its supernatural, but im not convinced its from a holy source. This could also be evil... Either way i think it will remain among the unexplainable .

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I guarantee there is a human explanation..........statues don't just cry.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking a dusty, residue, color red; spread on the face under the eyes/top of cheeks. Wait for weather conditions with heavy moisture in the air. Condensation mixes with the "red dust", and presto, instant miracle. With the billions the Vatican has access to and the image it must maintain in this "modern world," someone most definetly rigged it.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If there is a scientific explanation of this, it would have to either be:

a) The statue when created was injected or filled during its creation with blood, maybe as a way for the artist (or someone else) to connect with the statue. Eventually the stone erroded and it leaked from the weakest points which were possibly by the eyes either through coincidence or purposely.

b) Someone kept going to the statue and running blood down by the eyes to create a hoax. This someone could be the average joe to the illuminati, it doesn't matter.

I can't think of any other way that this could've occured. For blood to simply materiallize from stone is just impossible, and would require one of the many unknown phenomenons that may or may not exist. Of these could be teleportation of some sort but even for a phenomenon to have occured at two different points (two eyes) and exactly at the eye is just far to impossible for physical nature to do.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why would the Illuminati try and strengthen the Roman Catholic Church, to whom they were sworn to destroy? Their very existence came from wanting to counter and finally destroy the Vatican

If thats the best miracle God can do in these troubled times I can only conclude that:

1) He's taking the piss
2) He just doesnt care about humanity any more
3) He doesnt exist

None of the above scenarios would please the Church

[edit on 24/1/05 by subz]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The link will not come up for me for some reason.

Can someone tell me, was the substance ever tested to see if it was actually blood or just a red looking substance.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Investigators studying why a statue of Madonna in the city of Rome shed tears of blood a decade ago......

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Alrighty then while they seem so quick to jump to a supernatural cause for all of this

They've hardly been rushing as they have been investigating it for 10 years!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have no doubt that there are supernatural forces at work in
this world that can do anything. If for some reason they want
a statue or picture to cry or shed blood ... it will. We may not
understand why for a long time.

There are MANY miracles that happen. Many. Sacred Hosts
turn to flesh and blood. Statues weep (I saw one in
Medjugorje Yugolsavia weep - in St. James Church).

Some of these things have been proven to be natural. Some
have not. However, after investigating for 10 years, I wouldn't
call this a 'quick' judgement.

It's kinda funny (or sad). Hundreds of years ago everyone was
so very quick to jump to judgement saying 'it's a miracle' ... now
everyone is so very quick to jump to judgement saying 'it's natural'.

I'm sure the truth is in the middle ... and that some of these are
natural, but some are also miracles - for reasons known to God
alone for a while.

Edited to add - a while back - perhaps a month or two ago -
I started a thread about Betania Venezuela. There was a
eucharistic miracle that happened there. The thread I started
had pictures and some film footage of the miracle happening.
We traveled to Betania after the eucharistic miracle and we
viewed the blood stained host that was encased in glass
at the local convent. I don't know what happened to that
thread, but if anyone is adventurous they can dig through
the past month or two and see the film and pictures.

[edit on 1/24/2005 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join