It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if only men voted?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The house is burning down, and people are too busy arguing about who is worse, the one who lit the fire or the one who poured the gasoline to realize they're both bad, it doesn't matter who's worse, we need to get out of the damn house and hold both bastards responsible.
edit on 10/12/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

The house is burning and we spend all day arguing about what smoke detectors to install.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We need to find a damn fireman to vote for, or accept the house is gone and find a good carpenter.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I think too many women vote on emotion, not logic.

Sexist too? Speak for yourself.

I guess I am a self-loathing woman. But yes, I think too many women are too emotional. It appalls me how emotional some of us tend to be.

Haven't you figured out yet that I'm a woman?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Or we're worried about which one of us is too ugly or looks funny.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I guess I am a self-loathing woman. But yes, I think too many women are too emotional. It appalls me how emotional some of us tend to be.

Of course I know you are a woman, silly woman. It's just that women can be the most sexist people on Earth.
I'm happy of my emotionality. I don't think I'm hysterical, or overly mushy about things, but I like my decisions tempered with a little dose of emotions, whether it's compassion, or anger.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

but fear is also an emotion....and there's been alot of "the house will burn down if clinton if elected" trying to introduce fear into the populace. the truth has been shot out the window so long ago, it's very hard to track down, so no one really can make an informed decision.
but to say it's women who are too emotional to vote kind of overlooks the fact that most of those in congress who voted for the iraq war were men, acting on false information stoking the flames of fear. it overlooks how many men were so willing to accept the idea that our boys in the war should be torturing prisoners. and it overlooks how so many can still be claiming that trump is appointed by god to be the next president, and that if you are a christian, it is your christian duty to elect this hateful, male chauvenist, sexual assaulting man.... because to vote for a women would be a sign of judgement.....FEAR!!! I can't vote for clinton, she will raise my taxes... FEAR... she will start a nuclear war....FEAR!! she will destroy american.... FEAR... she will let an army of muslims into the country.... FEAR!!! Fear, fear, fear, fear, fear!!!
but one little women becomes pregnant and faces financial ruin, or loss of job, or wrath of parents, or maybe even extreme physical damage.... and it's SIN, SIN, SIN, SIN, SIN!!!
but, oh ya, go ahead, let the man who is taped promoting the rape culture be the president of the US... women's integrity to their own bodies isn't worthy of any consideration...

edit on 12-10-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What I take away from this is: men and women have different interpretations of who the worst choice of all time for president is - but both genders are correct!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Emotion is best when tempered by logic.

Logic without emotion is sociopathy.

Emotion without logic is irrationality.

Emotion plus logic is reason.

Men tend towards sociopathy while women tend toward irrationality.

Both extremes are bad for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Of course I know you are a woman, silly woman. It's just that women can be the most sexist people on Earth.
I'm happy of my emotionality. I don't think I'm hysterical, or overly mushy about things, but I like my decisions tempered with a little dose of emotions, whether it's compassion, or anger.

Awesome! I predicted this.

If I don't fall in line and kowtow to Hillary and what you think I ought to be, I will be a sexist.

And here it is!

This is like being racist because I didn't like Obama's policies either.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

The house is burning down, and people are too busy arguing about who is worse, the one who lit the fire or the one who poured the gasoline to realize they're both bad, it doesn't matter who's worse, we need to get out of the damn house and hold both bastards responsible.

Trump had nothing to do with the fire. If you mean the Democrat and Republican leadership, sure thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Apparently, if the majority vote for Hillary because she has a vagina.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It's very simple.

Her policies are a continuation of Obama's or a doubling down on them. I've heard or seen nothing new from her.

I can judge for myself how well me and mine have prospered under Obama's stewardship and that of his administration and government. It has not worked well. So why on earth would I want to go for another four years of it only with an intensifying of it in some areas?

Logic says I ought to go for something different. I look at Trump's policies and they are more in tune with what I think will help my family, all of it. So that's where I go.

I don't let the war of mean words manipulate my emotions.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Actually she said you were sexist for calling women too emotional. Which you are being right now with this emotion based leap.

I don't think it makes you sexist necessarily myself. Women tend towards emotion while men tend towards logic.

The male and female brains tend towards certain differences.

I say TEND. As in a tendency, far far far from all encompassing.
edit on 10/12/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I think it's interesting that Trump's followers think the appropriate response is #repealTheNineteenth - as though telling women their votes shouldn't count since they're not voting for Trump is going to convince anyone that they should suddenly fall in line.

If anything, it solidifies the feminist vote.

Wha?

I want women to think critically and not vote emotionally, not lose their voting rights. Good grief.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Repealing the 19th? What's next the 15th? The 1st? the 2nd? If someone wants to start destroying Civil Liberties guaranteed by the Constitution then this country will drown in blood.

This is also proves that there are people who really believed the Constitution is nothing more than a piece of paper.

I'm all for repealing the 16th and 17th, personally.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Awesome! I predicted this.

If I don't fall in line and kowtow to Hillary and what you think I ought to be, I will be a sexist.

And here it is!

This is like being racist because I didn't like Obama's policies either.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
a reply to: angeldoll

No, she doesn''t "own it". I don't take responsibility for my husband's misdeeds, and neither should she.

It does in fact say a lot about a Woman if she accepts and stays with a Man after all of these infidelities. What we chose to be around, our Friends out Mates tell the World who we are.

It means she has no self esteem, or that she sees him as a source of power/prestige/advantage.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Actually, she's calling me sexist for disagreeing with her. I said a lot of women are too emotional. Not all of them.

But I do admit to celebrating a first. I anticipate being called sexist a lot if Hillary gets elected just like I got called racist a lot after Obama got elected. I am, however, mystified as to how a woman can be sexist against women.

Hmmm, does that now mean I am gender dysphoric and should turn in my woman card?

I have no problem with women voting, but I wish they'd spend more time thinking about it beyond "He's so mean!" which is a common thing I hear coming out of too many mouths which is often followed by "We need a woman in charge!" Those are the most shallow reasons I can think of to vote, or not, for anyone.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Id have to say divide and conquer is working like a charm

blacks vs white people, SJW's, trans, unicorns, magic fairies, upper class vs lower class, men vs women, Catholics, Muslims, Christians etc..

But wait there's more...

regular black people vs BLM, regular white people vs White supremacist, regular Muslims vs radical Muslims, regular women vs SJW's

Sure theres more examples.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join