It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What if only men voted?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I admire your ability to make me laugh, often.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It would totally be legal for women to let their boobs catch a breeze.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I respect all that. It's not unlike my own pattern except that I did vote Obama both terms because I believe in women's rights, religion is a fraud, the Earth is our only home, and republicans absolutely favor the rich in every situation. So, with the brief exception of Ron Paul, Republicans are absolutely no shot-- until they join the rest of us in the 21st century and start caring about more than just money and power for the rich.

Sanders was my guy too... but once he bowed out, no way in hell will I ever support such an overt authoritarian, war crime supporting, misogynist, racist, bigot like Trump. I honestly find it hard to respect anyone who chooses that guy.

Hillary is my vote this election. It's either her or Trump, no one else has a shot-- and Trump is so terrible I won't waste a protest vote now. He's the closest we've ever had to authoritarian dictator.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I wish more would vote for the third party candidates, or write in even if they don't like those options either.
both parties should be ashamed of the options they are presenting to us this time around. weather hillary is an angel or satan himself incarnated doesn't really matter, since we all know how most of the republicans have felt about her since the clintons were in the white house. we just don't need four or eight more years of gov't gridlock..she is out..
and trump??? ya know, he isn't the first presidential candidate to have protesters at his really, I think they all have had them. some candidates will joke about them, and some will call them up and talk with them, give them a voice. but I do believe that trump is the first candidate that has told his supporters to beat the crap out of them!!

but, it's hillary that is threatening our rights...sure..

we wouldn't have such sorry choices, if the parties knew that there was viable alternatives that we were willing to support. at least if more people chose that avenue, maybe they'd feel the need to present a better product to the voters!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Every Trump supporter should vote 3rd party.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

I'd take that more seriously if you didn't defend Hillary so often.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Said like someone who only has eyes for Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I can't, knowing what either candidate represents vote for them in good conscience. Realize that by voting for Hillary you own at least in part some responsibility for anything that she does.

I may be voting Stein, and it may be true she'll lose, but at least I'm not partially responsible for the actions of a person working directly for the people I directly oppose. Parties are irreverent, it's who's pulling the strings, why and their goals that matters.

Wish more people would look at all the candidates and their financial backers and vote their conscience instead of falling for the great party deception. We might start getting real candidates again.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Byrd

Recently, a friend was shocked that her 50ish female cousin, a Trump supporter, voiced that women should not be allowed to vote, because they're so "emotional". I swear we are living in strange times! It's 2016, not 1816, or even 1916!

I know that there are women who believe this - and I respect their right to have their opinion. But I'm taking my opinion on the road and will vote to make sure we women can vote and that more women take political office. We're lagging behind many first world countries in this respect (and those that have more women in political offices seem to be doing better in the fields of education, in economics (including moving forward more quickly with solar power and other initiatives.)

I don't want to replace men (I'm a feminist; not a misogynist) but I don't want the 21st Century to look like the 11th century.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

True.

My only difference is that people should vote for who they want.

I will disagree with their choices, perhaps, but I would never tell people how to vote.

I do see Hillary supporters trying to, but then again, they tend to lean towards authoritarian ideation.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Byrd
a reply to: Indigo5

I think it's interesting that Trump's followers think the appropriate response is #repealTheNineteenth - as though telling women their votes shouldn't count since they're not voting for Trump is going to convince anyone that they should suddenly fall in line.

If anything, it solidifies the feminist vote.

Oh you really don't believe this. Besides the Dems are the only party that have had and do have as part of their platform the dumping of an amendment.

I do believe this.

And the Hyde amendment is not an amendment to the constitution (which is what the #DumpTheNineteenth is all about.) It's not permanent law (unlike the 19th Amendment); it's a rider that keeps being attached to bills en.wikipedia.org...

At least I assume you're talking about the Hyde Amendment. That's the only one that the Democrats want to dump.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

We need more conservatives!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I completely take ownership in my vote for Hillary. In my professional life I'm often faced with challenges and choices, not ideals. I make solid choices. I own my choices. Hillary is the right choice in this hand. No doubt about it.

Trump could have been the one-- I wish he had been. But he has shown his true colors and repeatedly proven himself NOT the one.

Hillary will do some good and there will be some bad. I'll support the good and speak out against the bad and I can own that just fine.

edit on 12-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

They'll always put up as bad a candidate as they can on the opposing side to get you to keep towing the line for them. You'll always see your party as the better choice cause they know just how to push your buttons to think it's the only option. Once in they'll have lied to you yet again, and next time same song and dance.

I'm convinced Trump either by choice or by manipulation is a dancing monkey. Hillary is just more of pushing the agenda which cares not one lick for any of us.

In my opinion, there is no right choice, both are wrong choices by design.

I'll leave you alone now. I'm just frustrated by how well and effective their game is. Peace to you, and respect for taking responsibility for your vote.
edit on 10/12/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

people should look at all the possible candidates and if one suits them, vote for them, regardless of party affiliations or weather or not their "vote will count" because the person is third party. if they feel that none of them are worthy, they should write in someone who they think is.
it seems the the voting for the lesser of two evils is just leading to the lesser next time around being more evil than either candidate the previous time. enough is enough!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Said like someone who only has eyes for Trump.

That's rich. You really haven't paid much attention. I think Cowboy likes Trump less than I do, and I don't like him.

The reality is that we like Hillary far less I think.

And I'll bet we both wish the alternative parties had serious candidates, but they don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I trust the numbers that 538 used to come up with the infographics, after all all the polls do ask for the male/female data item. They are quite entertaining, even if not overly informative beyond telling what we already knew: Trump has seemingly blown off the women's vote on purpose.

However, I suspect that the 'male only vote' pattern would be HEAVILY altered by the "Lysistrata effect".

If you are not familiar with Lysistrata, I suggest you check out the link guys. As the saying goes, "be careful what you ask for".

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sadly you're quite correct.

We're stuck between the two.

And there are people only voting for one of them because they think the other is worse.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think too many women vote on emotion, not logic.

I view the election as a group of people arguing while their house burns down. Logic dictates that they either vacate the house or put out the fire before they continue their argument. Emotion dictates they finish their argument before the worry about the burning house.

Now, I view our country as the house and the internal social issues and the things we argue about.

Right now, the house is burning and I think too many are busy focusing on the internal arguments to care. Their emotions are overriding their logic. Realistically, if the house burns down, the arguments don't matter because we won't have anything to fight over.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think too many women vote on emotion, not logic.

Sexist too? Speak for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join