It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What if only men voted?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What if only smart people voted?

I'm thinking of people who -- at a minimum -- can name both their state's US Senators and all congresspeople, as well as the three branches of government.

People who try and fail would also lose their driver's licence for one year, just for being too dumb to live.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If you take a look at the article and numbers further, the lead merely takes 10 percentage points off Hillary.

Logical conclusion:

A sizeable minority of women still vote for Trump, and a sizeable minority of men still vote for Clinton.

These arguments that women vote more consevative because women want to keep their husband's resources is garbage when stats show that the most likely to vote for Clinton (young, unmarried women) are actually working as much, if not more, than men, and are actually starting to outstrip the monetary power of their male peers in many fields. These are the very people that should WANT to keep as much of their earnings as possible, and yet they're still voting for Clinton.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I can't be asked to look it up (phone dying on train), but pretty sure I saw a poll that a majority of married women supported Trump. Killary gets her support from Bachrlorettes

Actually, it's the other way around. Older women are voting for Clinton. Older married professional women. Younger women initially went with Sanders.

Some Republican women are supporting her (they don't look 20-something to my eye)

Fox News' poll had these findings:

Clinton held a 19-point lead among women, a 16-point lead among young voters and a whopping 62-point lead among non-white voters. Trump’s performance among likely-voting males was at 5 percentage points higher than Clinton.
Source

So they would dispute your claim.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: dawnstar

Every Trump supporter should vote 3rd party.

Every voter should vote third party and eliminate the Blowhard and the Lying Witch from contention. That would tell the losers running the Dems and GOP that they need to rethink candidate selection and party platforms.

Maybe we need to outlaw political ads and have each candidate provide a 10 page newspaper of their ideas and promises. They can put whatever they want in the paper and defend it in public debates. Everything is in print in one place for comparisons and the eventual winner will know it. There will be no "I don't recollect" moments because the citizens will have the papers.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
What if only smart people voted?

I'm thinking of people who -- at a minimum -- can name both their state's US Senators and all congresspeople, as well as the three branches of government.

People who try and fail would also lose their driver's licence for one year, just for being too dumb to live.

What if only people who served the country could vote? This could include military veterans and Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, etc. veterans? What if service for one year was a requirement for voting rights? Each citizen could decide if she or he wished to vote and could exercise the service requirement at any time.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Indigo5

It obviously also speaks to the large difference in opinion between the genders...lots of married couples this election will be voting different ways.

I can't be asked to look it up (phone dying on train), but pretty sure I saw a poll that a majority of married women supported Trump. Killary gets her support from Bachrlorettes

Both McCain and Romney had 53% of Married Women...Trump is not that.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

That one has been tried. It created "Starship Troopers," among other things. It's interesting you chose that as your counterargument to my off-the-cuff post, however.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The poll graphs in the OP pretty says that any guy voting for Hillary might as well wear panties and be a Woman.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That one has been tried. It created "Starship Troopers," among other things. It's interesting you chose that as your counterargument to my off-the-cuff post, however.

Yes, I selected that, off-the-cuff, as an option because your version only requires a short term memory and a cram for a test. A year of one's life is more of a commitment.
I haven't really thought about stringent voter requirements simply because no matter what was proposed, it would probably be found to be unconstitutional. If it wasn't, we'd have to supply the exam in multiple languages and then pass everyone to prevent charges of discrimination.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
The poll graphs in the OP pretty says that any guy voting for Hillary might as well wear panties and be a Woman.

Please do pause and tell us just exactly what is wrong with being a woman?

Feel free to elaborate on why we women are such horrible, panty wearing creatures and explain in detail about how we should act. The women (and men) of ATS will be quite interested in your response.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Interesting. But how does it compare when adding third party candidates? That would be interesting.

I'm sure this Map will appeal to all the gamergaters. LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Isn't it time to be open and let the corporation who will pay the most money pick the president. It's similar to the today's world. Minimum opening bid required so the country makes good money although it will most likely be given back.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I didn't say anything was wrong with Women now, did I? Its not nice to put words into peoples mouths.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
a reply to: Kali74

Sorry, but Clinton is not what you want for the example of a first woman president. If anything. Once elected she'll make voters have a reason not to vote for a woman ever again.

Typical bigoted and sexist mentality. There have been plenty of bad white male presidents too and that did not stop more of "them" from being elected. She may not be the best, but she will not be the last woman president or presidential candidate. Obama may have not been the best black president, but he will not be the last. These people broke barriers, they will be the first of their kind....especially with the changing demographics in america.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I say go back to original system. Government employees are unpaid volunteers and only landowners can vote.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

I didn't say anything was wrong with Women now, did I? Its not nice to put words into peoples mouths.

Let me repeat your words:

So your words say that men who don't vote for your choice must be 'a Woman'.

This is clearly meant to insult men.

Therefore, I would like (on behalf of the women of ATS) to know exactly what's so bad about women that the worst insult you can hurl is for a man to 'be a woman.'

So tell us why being a woman is so bad.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Yes, I selected that, off-the-cuff, as an option because your version only requires a short term memory and a cram for a test. A year of one's life is more of a commitment.
I haven't really thought about stringent voter requirements simply because no matter what was proposed, it would probably be found to be unconstitutional. If it wasn't, we'd have to supply the exam in multiple languages and then pass everyone to prevent charges of discrimination.

Not only that, but you risk disenfranchising people who are disabled... but who can vote under our current system. There's also the issue of 'can prisoners vote' and other similar questions.

Our current laws change as society changes.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Therefore, I would like (on behalf of the women of ATS) to know exactly what's so bad about women that the worst insult you can hurl is for a man to 'be a woman.'

So tell us why being a woman is so bad.

Forty years ago on a school playground at recess, the worst insult that a boy would say to another boy was to call him a "woman" or a "n#####". It's 2016 and the same insult is being used. Sad.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

just wondering who is dumb here...
ya, take away their driver's license so they can't get to work when they have to!!! we don't need their stinking income taxes anyways!!! the only thing they should be taking driver's licenses away for is a track record of dangerous driving or driving while under the influence. being able to drive has become too vital for too many people.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have to ask... Are these infographics accurate?

Because if so, the men of America need a serious word having with them.

What you need is a serious sticking of your nose back in your own country.

I'm not dumb enough to sit here and try to tell you how to feel about Corbyn, May, Cameron, lib-dem/labor/tory/UKIP, SNP and the lot, so please respectfully, shut your mouth until you live in the USA.

Live here, live the issues, live the media, live the shenanigans and the political lies, lobbying, corruption.

Live it. Understand it. Then come tell me about my country.

But don't sit here and regurgitate some biased bullsh!t the BBC or other global-agenda-media feeds you.

Seriously man, DONT. I would NEVER presume to adise you on UK politics until I've lived there for a decent time. And In fact I HAVE LIVED in the UK, but not nearly long enough to understand the issues.

Incidentally, Hillary/Obama's TTIP would be GREAT for both of my companies, but I am against it because it's corrupt and would piss all over you guys in Europe. There's a chance Brexit might shield the UK a bit from that fallout though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join