It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if only men voted?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So Nate Silver of 538 fame ran some interesting numbers..

Here is what the election would look like today if ONLY MEN voted

And HERE is what the election would like today if ONLY WOMEN voted

Which of course started a twitter tag by Trump supporters..

#RepealThe19th

Which those unaware refers to the 19th Amendment that gave women the right to vote.

www.latimes.com...

Interesting note:

Erik Trump emailed a pic of the Mens Vote map to supporters with the message "We are gaining momentum"

The Trump campaign said it’s gaining momentum — by imagining a world in which women don’t vote

www.vox.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It obviously also speaks to the large difference in opinion between the genders...lots of married couples this election will be voting different ways.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I have to ask... Are these infographics accurate?

Because if so, the men of America need a serious word having with them.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thank God for women.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yes accurate...See here for detailed break-down

Election Update: Women Are Defeating Donald Trump
fivethirtyeight.com...

It showed a massive gender split, with Clinton trailing Trump by 11 percentage points among men but leading him by 33 points among women. To put those numbers in perspective, that’s saying Trump would defeat Clinton among men by a margin similar to Dwight D. Eisenhower’s landslide victory over Adlai Stevenson in 1952, while Clinton would defeat Trump among women by a margin similar to … actually, there’s no good comparison, since no candidate has won a presidential election by more than 26 percentage points since the popular vote became a widespread means of voting in 1824.

edit on 12-10-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Extremely doubtful information.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Extremely doubtful information.

???

You obviously haven't read the supporting links, or looked at the numbers? Or are familiar with Nate Silver..who whilst is not a perfect statistician, is still widely regarded as the most honest and non-partisan one in politics.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

And what will really bake your noodle? The polls those maps are built on don't fully reflect the fall-out from Trump's bus ride video yet..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
what's mind blowing was that the map showing men only voting was used to show that the campaign was gaining ground...

in another reality, where women were kept in their place and stayed home pregnant and barefoot, we are gaining ground!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Pay attention fellas...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sorry, but Clinton is not what you want for the example of a first woman president. If anything. Once elected she'll make voters have a reason not to vote for a woman ever again.
edit on 12-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

what's mind blowing was that the map showing men only voting was used to show that the campaign was gaining ground...

in another reality, where women were kept in their place and stayed home pregnant and barefoot, we are gaining ground!!!!

I know!...Here you go, Email from Erik Trump to supporters..

“As one of the most dedicated grassroots leaders in the country you know, momentum matters,” the email, sent on behalf of the Trump campaign, reads. “And right now all the momentum is on our side.”

Trump called on supporters to donate money to help fund aggressive ad blitzes and “get-out-and-vote operations.”

“We’re making huge gains against Crooked Hillary that you can see for yourself,” Trump wrote before the image of the above map.

Here’s the problem: That map GIF is from FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver, showing what the election would look like if only men voted.

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Pay attention fellas...

as Gerry used to sing...The women are smarter...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Thank God for women.

Agreed.

originally posted by: ssenerawa

Sorry, but Clinton is not what you want for the example of a first woman president. If anything. Once elected she'll make voters have a reason not to vote for a woman ever again.

Agreed

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

As an American man, in my opinion you may keep your counsel to yourself.

It appears to me as if the majority of ladies of my fine nation should use their brains and not their reproductive organs to vote.
edit on 12-10-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

BS.

Trump is a dirty old man.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

This should get the remaining women that was gonna vote for him, vote for some one else. I'm sure Trump picks for the supreme court are anti woman rights and pro child labor...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

BS.

Trump is a dirty old man.

And?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And Hillary is a woman who has stayed married to and continually enables a dirty old man.

Your point?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

It obviously also speaks to the large difference in opinion between the genders...lots of married couples this election will be voting different ways.

Not necessarily. Research shows that married women tend to vote more like their husbands because their husbands more often than not tend to bring home the bacon and the wife wants to protect that. Husbands will vote to keep their money in their pockets where it belongs and often, so will the wife.

And that ... if how it works in this house. Husband is our breadwinner and I want his money to stay in our pocket and put food on our plates and clothing on our backs. I don't want it paying for the illegals down the street. If I want to help them, I will give personally to charity which I do, but that is under my full control and does not wreck my budget and take the necessary things out of my family's life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join