It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Have a frank talk about America.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yep. It's dismal.

So, here's a video intermission. I hope everyone will think about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Joneselius

I don't know if folks from around the Globe will see an American government and Americans as separate entities.

It's difficult. I mean, who votes in the government?

I remember how unpopular Bush junior was in the world (well, Europe anyway) yet 57% of you voted for him.

And look at the doozies you've got for candidates this time.

Time people over there woke up.

There's a lot at stake. World peace, anyone?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't get past your quote:

the American people were still stupid to a large degree, still lazy and slavish

Anything you said after that point is irrelevant to me. By the way,[SNIPPED] most Americans I know are educated, hard working and put their families well-being first. But hey, what do I know, because I'm just a stupid American? Cheerio, I'm off for some afternoon tea.
edit on Wed Oct 5 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Will watch later. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
America has been over ran and infiltrated by Israel....we are no more than Israel's attack dog. We give a blind eye of faith & trust to the biggest threat to world peace since 1947..Israel......just ask any one in Palestine.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Being prepared to engage with a thread, only until you encounter a phrase you dislike, does not seem to be a way to avoid the pitfalls of stupidity and shallowness.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
When you state america is the greatest threat to world peace, isn't it also true, that america's policies are controlled by a small selection of people (be it elites) that are not truthfully representing the will of the people.

So one might also argue that terrorist have infiltrated the ruling positions in government.

Who do you call?

The electorate that keep voting them back into power?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

if people only have choice between two heads of the one snake then democracy is broken.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: JinMI

I absolutely see these things as separate.

The government of a nation, and its people are rarely representative of one another.

You and other ATS minded people, if I could use a broad generalization, are not the type I would worry about. You get a few different perspectives from your side of the pond and are able to make a distinction. What I would doubt is other less evolved countries or highly media restricted areas not to know the distinction.

America = bad because Americans voted them all in so Americans = bad.

We both know in many ways, that just isn't the case.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The solution to US government is less of it among other things. Oh and morality, but there is a large portion of our population that would scream bloody murder and yell all manner of hate speech at me for suggesting.

Half the populace is bribed by it and the rest thinks you want a theocracy just because you suggest they ought to consider doing the right thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Agreed, unfortunately media is strong adversary to truth, so these atrocities remain hidden from the majority.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

So anything I said, even though it's based in truth is irrelevant to you because I hurt your feelings? Okay, that's a great way to go about things. Oh, wait, no it isn't. Don't tell me you're an SJW. Please.

The American public is, to a large degree, stupid. The British public are stupid also. Most every countries populace is stupid - here's the rub, it was DESIGNED that way. The public are there to be used, that's it. The publics function is to build the infrastructure that the elite can profit on and live in comfortably. They don't give a toss about your education or your comfort. The public being stupid isn't something new and the fact you're not past that yet concerns me.

You're just trying to be outraged aren't you. Faux outrage is so last year.

Here's little experiment you can use. Go find a video with tons of facts, researched material and sound reason and see how many views it has. Now go and find a 'fail' video and tell me how many views that has and you'll see our problem.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Is it a clash of civilisations or a war between light and darkness? Banks with their usury want to enslave the entire world with debt that can never be paid. And they are prepared to sacrifice the US in the process because they do not operate within borders.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
People also need to consider that things with the populace are building up to critical mass here inside the states. The government isn't just acting badly outside the borders. It's starting to act badly inside, and people are getting fed up. You can only keep a populace complacent so long as they are fat and happy.

Well, the majority are ceasing to be fat and happy. The evil overlords have forgotten that there are still far more of us than there are of them.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is what I hope for. I hope the elites will push people so far that, eventually, they'll scream "ENOUGH" and reclaim their senses.

I fear a violent revolution as much as an apathetic public. At least if people are apathetic it's somewhat hard to justify bashing in innocent, yet inconvenient, people. If the people become violent and they don't have the facts (which they don't) then a lot of innocent people will be scapegoated and 'sacrificed' before anything of substance happens.

I don't know what network the awake people are going to use for cohesion though. The mainstream media will not broadcast their emancipation. The internet would be shut off and satellites won't broadcast the signals. It would have to be a very well organised, underground like movement, involving politicians on the inside.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I would just like you to clarify something. By "America" do you mean the American people, or its ruling class? Because I have to tell you, the Average American is only concerned with surviving from this paycheck to the next. The only war we are interested in fighting is the one that allows our children to survive. Things are pretty tough here as of late for the average person. I guess I could ask you a question. For centuries, Britain was ruled over by a monarchy. Did the King or Queen consult with the serfs before going to war with whoever they decided was their enemy? My guess is no. The truth is, our ruling class neither cares about what we think or asks us how we feel about whatever adventurism they embark upon in any meaningful way. So I take offense at your premise. Sort of like blaming the passengers for the planes that hit the twin towers. Please watch this video, I think it will help you to understand our plight.

edit on 5-10-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What a load of it op......as if there are no other players here really, everything is just some perception America has about this or that with no one else under a threat or anything. As if 911 and militants were just a thing, are just a thing and definitions of what made america great just happen to fall into the globalist agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It will take state level action, revolution that is. State government employing guard, militia and police.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

It will take state level action, revolution that is. State government employing guard, militia and police.

So - do you want civil war?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join