It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Have a frank talk about America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I have been pondering a thought for the last few weeks, especially the last few days, that maybe America is now the single greatest threat to world peace that has ever existed. As I go in this thread, I'd like to show you how I have come to this conclusion. Maybe you've reached this stark conclusion yourself, and your research has taken you in the same direction of thought?

The Genesis Of America's Modern Hegemony

America post 9/11 is a vastly different country than it was beforehand. Before 9/11 the American people were still stupid to a large degree, still lazy and slavish, but they had one thing going for them - their spirit of freedom and acceptance, tolerance and liberty. Post 9/11 that spirit has been re-directed (I choose that word carefully as I don't think the change was voluntary) to one of separation, fear, constant anxiety and mistrust in others. The once great nation, the same nation that stood tall when Britain was almost ashes, has succumbed to it's own ambition of world peace and, instead, now mirrors that which it fought all those years ago (Global tyranny).

An example of this is modern day Syria, where America is actively breaking international law, ignoring sovereign states and usurping the will of entire countries - and for WHAT? No one even knows!?

The hegemony of America is always being discussed, ad-nauseam on television and other media - always touted as a shining beacon of hope and stability around the globe. This is helped by the fact that there truly is no other power quite like America in the world - a power so complete it can invade a DEMOCRATICALLY elected country and still appear to be the moral defender of the values which the country being invaded purported to uphold. Is this 1984? It sure feels like it doesn't it?

There is an interesting book written by a slightly progressive author: Hegemony or survival by Noam Chomsky.

Hegemony or survival

In this book is discussed the policy shifts that happened post 9/11. It discusses the ramifications of the PNAC document.

PNAC document

A snippet from this document:

ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS for U.S. military forces: • defend the American homeland; • fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;

So the decision was made to "fight multiple and simultaneous theater wars". It's important to note that this document was written !!!!BEFORE!!! 9/11 even happened. So let's continue on and see what the authors think was needed for this to take effect and secure America's global hegemony.....

Again from the document, it's now talking about how to implement the new system of global theater wars and simultaneous conflicts around the globe.

Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor.
EXACTLY one year later 9/11 happened. KEEP IN MIND this is the same mindset that almost sank a vessel on the high seas to justify an invasion of Cuba.

This was the turning point in America's foreign policy, emboldened by the attacks on their home turf and brimming with moral outrage, America turned it's gaze toward the mission objective of the 'new' century - global hegemony. The world was on America's side, the international media was mourning for America and the American population were, for the first time since the civil war and WW2, threatened by an external force on their own land. The attacks conveniently came from the one location on Earth America always wanted to control and manage - the recourse rich lands of the middle east. And so begins the next chapter.

From freedom to fascism

I use this title almost tongue in cheek. It's taken from a docu-film made by Aaron Russou. The documentary in question was the dawning for a lot of people's "aha" moment.

This film was an interesting look into the under-belly of the American tax system, but inadvertently exposed the mindset of the higher ups in American society, the sociopathic, almost predator like attitude to their fellow man. Aaron was even threatened openly on camera during this film.

Then came the doubly damning documentary by a man I respect deeply about America's non-nonchalant attitude towards the victims and tragedy of war.

In this documentary John Pilger exposes the lies and propaganda used to distance the common people from the terror of war. You also see, once again, the psychopathic nature of the higher ups.

Of course America has, from the dawn of it's existence, tried to assert it's economic power all over the Earth - though sometimes it's wasn't as innocent and wholesome as we were taught - there were no farmers tilling a field or a clobber fixing shoes, what we got was decrepit multi-nationals. We were given overlords to shape opinion and strangle competing economies.

Another John Pilger.

In this documentary, Pilger talks about Indonesia and the effect American business interests had on it's standard of life and it's people. The IMF also. An interesting look into what the PNAC document laid out as critical to the survival of a predatory regime.

Now, for the title of the thread, let's have a chat about what this means given recent events!

With the threat of WW3 VERY MUCH a possibility - in fact closer maybe than the cold war - and people as ignorant of the causes and ramifications as usual, the world now teeters on the brink of total collapse.

Has this American project completely failed? Has the global hegemony laid out in PNAC backfired in such a spectacular way, that the only way out for the regime that enacted it is suicide? Or is this planned? Is this the NWO out in the open, the depopulation agenda in effect?

How do American's justify the position of their government in Syria, especially given the recent revelations that they are supplying and aiding ISIS? Britain is no better, but can't claim the exceptional right to global rule that America enjoys.

Do the American people even know how close we are to nuclear war? Do they see the warning signs coming from Russia and the international community? Do they see the rampant corruption in their political, legal and economic systems causing an erosion of their moral fabric?

We ARE on the cusp of WW3, you can bury your head in the sand if you want to, but it's happening. The culmination of American hegemony in the world for the past 15 years has come to this, total ruin. What do we do now? Do you feel there is a way to de-escalate the current situation? Especially given light of the mindset of the American political elite? Or are we about to destroy the world?

I leave you with this to ponder as I find it particularly profound when talking about war.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 5 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BB code

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Flagged for later viewing.

I agree with the premise and have been thinking the same thoughts as of late.

When does one come to the realization that their nation is the enemy of the world?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

This is exactly the point I'm trying to get across in this thread.

America started to attack itself from within, now, like a contagion, it's sickness is being foisted on the rest of the world. It's heartbreaking to watch it all unfold. If WW3 does start over this entanglement in Syria, what will the survivors remember of it? Will it be the American side of protection and sound reason (which is a total lie). Or will it be the truth - that the American political elite went BLOODY INSANE and just decided to change a regime they didn't like, openly, for the entire world to see.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

There has been much done to expose the military arm of the elite that rule this world... been talking about it since high school and it has always fascinated me how many choose to keep their heads in the sand.

Self-censorship and brainwashed "exceptionalism" are the root reason why this discussion you have proposed never takes place.

All we can do is continue speaking our truths and ultimately pray that those pulling the strings in the background will be taken down by their hubris!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Good luck convincing the american members that their country's government has been a global threat since the end of the cold war...

You got some balls dude that's all I got to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I don't know if folks from around the Globe will see an American government and Americans as separate entities.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I agree with you, but it saddens me greatly.

Just think we could, theoretically, destroy this planet and the people who survive will be WRONG about how it happened and why it happened. I'm starting to think the self censorship and political-correctness are excuses for a lack of conscience.

Even the exceptionalism has waned.

The military were exposed by JFK and Eisenhower, both gave some pretty damning speeches regarding the 'hidden' hand behind all government. It just infuriates me that, as a logical and rational person, I have to witness this and pretend to be okay with it. I feel like we're all on crazy pills here! We all just watch as the world now slides to it's close. It's humiliating to me to be in this position! So powerless and so absolutely hopeless in the grand scheme of things.

I worry for my family and friends and that spurns me to talk about these things to people who openly mock and criticize. I am SURROUNDED by people, day in and day out, who parrot the MSM talking points. I hear every day how evil Russia is and how America needs to 'stop them' and it breaks my soul.

To further my point I shall add some insightful videos. Forgive my YouTube love, it's a convenient website though when true to life recordings can be used to show certain mindsets, sometimes in a large demographic.

The next president maybe?

Bush's mindset

Again, PNAC.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If WW3 does start over this entanglement in Syria, what will the survivors remember

What survivors?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I assume that there would be some people left.

People adapt to situations quite well around the world, plus, there would be places that wouldn't be nuked, people with bunkers and other such things. It might, though doubtful, be a limited exchange where 2/3 of the population is wiped out.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

But I'm not a Frankist or Zevite

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You suggest that the change happened post 911, but there seems to have been a very polarizing policy change on the ME in the last 7 years. Pre-recession, the world was scrambling for position and resources, but following the recession, the US began to alienate it's allies. The changing of the guard seemed to change the idea of America as a nation builder... we have become decimators of nations (all from the shadows). I may be nieve, but this does not feel like traditional US values.

Some would suggest that Syrian entrenchment is for the sole purpose of resource control, but what resources did we gain in Egypt or Lybia, or what have we gained in the Iranian deal? The current Administration is seeking social justice at the peril of the American people. I am very concerned about US foreign policy. I am very concerned about domestic policy as well. But, this is not just an American problem, this has become a western problem. It has become a global problem. All first world nations have serious debt problems. Soon the world will battle to wipe the slate clean, and some will pay more than others.

I can see why many think that the US is the prime mover in this current predicament, but are really to believe that the rest of the West is getting dragged along against their will? Big plans have been set in motion

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm starting to think the self censorship and political-correctness are excuses for a lack of conscience.

You have a stated a truth here... one that people will run from due to their own cowardice!

JFK/Hoover, Eisenhower, Wilson, all of them eventually spoke about the established rulers, running the show behind the scenes.

At least back in those times the masses could be given an excuse due to the absolute control of information.

These days, it is all upon our own undertaking to research material that has been put together to help make sense of everything. Apathy and Lethargy are not excuses, what is done in your name is done in your name.

The videos you share sum up lunacy and obvious plan that is before us.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I love my country, but hate my Government.

It isn't that Americans support this crap it is that we are controlled by the craptastic election process and prevented from any meaningful change.

I am completely anti-war except as self-defense, just like I am completely against violence except as self-defense.

The Government has a much less evolved position than its citizens. They are like mindless bullies with no reason or direction.

It is hideous.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

If WW3 does start over this entanglement in Syria, what will the survivors remember

What survivors?

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

I think this clip sums things up.

**NSFW - Language**

edit on 4-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

ATS, where the critical theory is alive and kicking.

Agreed, we need a frank talk. But to be fair - it's the whole western world. Add the emergency state of France, not so Great Brexit Britain and the bigger Deutsche Bank - Germany - to your list of arms-dealing mass murderers. Not to mention Vlad the Impaler, but our usual scapegoat is a eastern rogue in the equasion and was only mentioned to round up all of them with the following point: the Brave New Oligarchy is well funded, well connected and highly globalised.

Franky, this charade of world-politics might actually be nothing more than distraction and games, while the big players (mainly private projects by now) already united in some secret space program decades ago. Who knows...

But there's one thing abundantly clear to me. We the people have to take the democracy back again, let's try a more direct version this time to get rid of corruption and mob rule for good. Real change? Yes we can!

Promising thread, I like Pilger.
Best wishes and greetings from Germany!

edit on 4-10-2016 by PublicOpinion because: the permanent arms industry

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

If you want to be frank the real threat to world peace is Islam. Well religion in general. But mostly Islam.

Scratch that its Islam.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
[...] what the PNAC document laid out as critical to the survival of a predatory regime.

This is the grim and bloody truth though.
War is of elementary importance for the "Pax Americana".

The U.S. electorate (at the frontline) either needs to demand that their leaders address the underlying domestic&economic problems, ... or War is inevitable.
And war will come home.
edit on 4-10-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Excellent thread!

2014 Gallup International poll: US #1 threat to world peace

“The world now demands a maturity of America that we may not be able to achieve. It demands that we admit we have been wrong from the beginning of our adventure in [war], that we have been detrimental to the life of the [target nations’] people.” – Martin King

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
When you state america is the greatest threat to world peace, isn't it also true, that america's policies are controlled by a small selection of people (be it elites) that are not truthfully representing the will of the people.

So one might also argue that terrorist have infiltrated the ruling positions in government.

Who do you call?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Price Of Peace

There will always be a single greatest threat to world peace, and if that threat were to be completely and utterly eradicated, it would immediately be replaced by a different single greatest threat to world peace.

Human history offers no examples of spontaneous peace, and such peace as there has been has always come at the price of war, because only those who possess the power to win wars have the power to impose peace.

Human behavior at the international level reflects human behavior at all levels. It is a product of human nature, and at its raw, unvarnished heart, human nature, like nature itself, is violent.

Romantic notions to the contrary have never brought peace, nor even offered credible insights into how peace can be secured. Magical thinking does not change reality, it only prevents those who embrace it from accepting reality.

No law has jurisdiction without the threat of force to legitimize it, nor does any principle have effect without the power to apply it.

America can indeed be considered the single greatest threat to world peace, but that by no means makes it the only threat to world peace.

A truly frank talk about America can only occur within the context of a frank talk about the world in which it exists, and the world in which it exists is not a world of peace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join