It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested & Punched for Sitting on His Front Porch

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

What if Charlie was instructed to call the cops if he saw Dejuan on the property?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You are 100% correct that they can show up, and ask questions, and that I don't have to answer, and that they can't be on my property looking for evidence without a warrant.

However, I hope you would agree that when I refuse to answer questions, they do *not* have the right to arrest me for "non-cooperation" which was the point of my /rant.

I also hope you weren't referring to me as a confrontationist, in that I was sitting at my kitchen table doing nothing wrong when they showed up and started making what I consider "none of your business" inquiries. Do they really need my height in their report?

edit on 4-10-2016 by LanceCorvette because: add words

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why didn't mom have him arrested and jailed twice before?

You know what that has nothing to do with this.

People seem to claim it does. It goes to whether he was possibly trespassing. He didn't commit the crimes he is alleged to have.

I disagree, nothing they had knowledge of at the time should have led to them touching him at all. many people have problems with their kids that does not mean they want him dragged from their front porch where indeed he was sitting in broad daylight.
They checked who owned the home and his name on his ID THEY said "there was no problem", they would not check that the neighbors indeed knew him but would not leave.
Nothing of the rest enters into this because they didn't know those things when they put hands on him.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

I agree that they shouldn't threaten arrest for non-cooperation, but they certainly could have you detained until cops showed up with a warrant, assuming a judge wouldn't laugh in their face concerning the relatively trivial matter at hand.

I was referring to you, but more about the way you described yourself as talking to the semi-LEOs. I guess that I just have more empathy for cops who have to respond to calls that I can basically guarantee that they don't want to waste their time on--I would be as polite as possible, but assert my rights as you basically did. Maybe I just misconstrued your tone when talking to them--if so, my apologies.

ETA: A side note--if evidence is in plain view during a routine visit on a call, they don't need a warrant to look and see said evidence, and that gives them probable cause to investigate further, which does not require a warrant. They cannot, however, start snooping around your property without your consent.
edit on 4-10-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

What if Charlie was instructed to call the cops if he saw Dejuan on the property?

Then the LEO who walked over to discuss with Charlie would know that while the other was with Dejuan, and he could have been questioned about that issue or detained (if necessary) at that point.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

This would explain why he "forgot" that he had his ID on him--probably didn't want them running his name in the system, but it finally got to a point where he just wanted them to leave, so he thought that showing the address on the ID would work.

I'd love to know who he called to try and get to come over and what that person's intentions would have been had they showed up before other LEOs did.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Then the LEO who walked over to discuss with Charlie would know that while the other was with Dejuan, and he could have been questioned about that issue or detained (if necessary) at that point.

So put Charlie on the spot? You know in some places snitches get stitches right?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The guy on the porch very obviously is not telling the whole truth. He sounds like one of the people that ask for change at the gas station so they can get a taxi ride to go visit their mother in the hospital. The guy sounds like he is just totally spinning a tale. He does not respect the police. If you are supporting the guy on the porch then you are not a good judge of character.

No key to the house is a dead giveaway. If he does not have a key then he does not belong there. If the address on his i.d. is the house, then why does he not live there? Why does he struggle? Why does he constantly put up resistance and fall back on calling the cops racists?

It all comes down to a mental problem. The guy just does not have correct thoughts. He is belligerent and wiggling around. He actually appears to be reaching for his left pocket or waistband. He is plain stupid to be acting in this way when the situation has seriously escalated. He just will not stop. It is a mental problem.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

EXACTLY! The guy is spinning a tale step by step. The police can sense it. Anybody who doesn't understand this video is just plain refusing to accept reality.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Sounds like mom didn't want her ex-prison son hanging around. He has left home either by choice or because she kicked him out. He has her address on his i.d. because he is irresponsible. You are supposed to update your address and get a new i.d. when moving. He probably doesn't have his own place. He says that he "stays" over there on some other street. He is obviously not playing by the rules of society and civil conduct. He's just not very good at being a human. It is a mental problem with the people like this who rebel against everything. He is something like a transient at this point. He has prison tattoos. He making all the wrong choices. The police have every right in the world to confront this type of transient person. You can not just do what you want to do. The rest of the population has a say in what is right and what is wrong. The guy has fallen through the cracks of society and he is having a tough time. His mind is not right.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Right. There is information that the police know. They are handling this guy gently until the guy chooses to escalate the situation. For all you know the guy's mom has a no-contact order against him. Or the guy has a warrant for arrest. Or the guy has a long history of mischief in the area.

All you really need to do is watch the video again and notice all the shifty things the guy does. The police see it. I don't know why some viewers do not.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Generation9 because: changed "you" to "some viewers"

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

originally posted by: imjack
The address on his ID was the address he was at? Are you kidding me?

Once the police saw his ID the cops should have left.

Except for that part where he was trying to force a perimeter entryway. Even demonstrated it for the police to "see if his dog was in there".

How about if the dog belongs to you then you have a key to the house. Or just knock on the garage door and the dog runs over and barks and recognizes your voice. The guy's story is bogus. Police know it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
"After Yourse was in custody, Cole and Jackson discovered two active warrants for his arrest. It was also discovered Yourse was charged with breaking and entering into his mother’s house, 2 Mistywood Court, twice in the past."

Link

Hmm, so what would people have said if the cops left, then he did in fact break into the house. It was still quite possible for him to break in if the cops left and then yet again the cops would be blamed for not tackling the situation properly. Whatever happened it's not clear cut at all and it's obviously a difficult situation to be in.

Obviously the cops (in particular the guy that snatched the phone) did mishandle the situation but it's quite unclear to me what they could have done to stop the potential robber from actually robbing the place if that was his intention.

Yeah, read the link.

These cops smelled something wrong in the encounter and turns out were doing exactly the right thing.

Case closed.

ETA and lets be honest. If the guy had been white, we would never had heard of this.

OH MY!!! Case closed. Police are awesome. The guy was a goofball. End of story. My posting here is done.

Buy you know I love to dive right in and post and then read the thread backwards. My bad. That could maybe perhaps just likely be my own mental problem. LOLz.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yeah, the internets doesn't make for getting the real feel of what happened.

I've been a lawyer for going on 25 years, done lots of high stakes, high stress litigation, and I've stood up to authorities quite often. I assure you I was smiling and calm when I asked them to leave my property - it's a special zone I can put myself into for times like that - knowing that if they had a shred of honesty they'd have to tell a judge that I was smiling and calm when I asked them to leave my property. They sat in their van just down the block for about :30 afterwards, my hunch is they were trying to convince their supervisor to let them call the police or get a warrant, and he was telling them don't bother. "But boss, he was smiling and polite ..."

Interestingly, it's actually in the ordinance that animal control can go onto a property without a subpoena to investigate a possible violation, unlike regular police. Not sure they knew that.

As an aside, I met a nice young girl a few weeks ago who had quite a similar run-in with animal control for her barking dog.

edit on 4-10-2016 by LanceCorvette because: add words

edit on 4-10-2016 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

How it this complex in the least? The guys ID has this address listed as his legal address. Case closed, sorry to bother you sir, have a nice day.

What is complex about this? How hard is it to figure out whats going on here: you have an anonymous call into 9/11. You don't want me to mention race....so I won't. You do the math. Look at that neighborhood, then do the math.

That cop is an a-hole. And his partner is spineless. Neither one is fit to serve. and that poor dude, having to go through this humiliation.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What I was wondering is who is videoing the whole thing?

Oh ok, nevermind. It appears to be the female cops bodycam.

Ok, first of all, why do people keep saying this was 'his' front porch,
or 'his' house. It clearly was not his house. It was his mother's house.

He didn't have any keys to the house, he said he was prying the garage
door open to 'make sure the dog wasn't in the garage', um really, I saw no
evidence there was even a dog.

Then the guy said at first he wasn't carrying any I.D.

It was a neighbor that called the police, if the guys lives there, you
would think the neighbors would know that.

I think the cops had every right to be suspicious.

It was when he made a phone call that the male cop lost his cool,
and I can relate, the cop would have had no idea who this guy was
calling, he was requesting assistance from someone he was talking to,
um, the cop has no idea who is or maybe even several people may show
up, and who are they, the cop doesn't know.

You never make a phone call while the police are interacting with you
unless you ask them if it's okay. I wouldn't even light up a cigarette, without
asking if it's ok.

Was there any follow up to this, did he actually live there, he said that he was waiting
for his mother 'she was going to give him some money'

Rebel5

edit on 4-10-2016 by rebelv because: more info

edit on 4-10-2016 by rebelv because: Asking questions

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

originally posted by: imjack
The address on his ID was the address he was at? Are you kidding me?

Once the police saw his ID the cops should have left.

Except for that part where he was trying to force a perimeter entryway. Even demonstrated it for the police to "see if his dog was in there".

How about if the dog belongs to you then you have a key to the house. Or just knock on the garage door and the dog runs over and barks and recognizes your voice. The guy's story is bogus. Police know it.

Good liar, except he talks too much. Thats why the cop just hangs and lets the guy destroy himself. Pretty good police work, up to the point he tackles him alone instead of waiting for back up.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It’s not as simple as a guy sitting on his porch since he was seen trying to open the garage with a shovel

What if the guy was a criminal he would be a threat to this guy’s mother. The cops were only doing their jobs

So why be angry at the cop?

The cop was doing his duty properly until he assaulted the guy.

This could have been a B& E job

The guy could have been in the midst of some other crime

People don’t realize criminals do all kinds of weird and stupid things so the cop was being cautiously suspicious

The guy was clearly not only nervous but angry that he was being questioned and not believed

That’s all right but he got out of control himself

What he said over the phone that got the cop mad was the beginning of the assault because the cop got angry as well.

He may have been in the right by feeling threatened by the phone call since what if the people in the other end were criminals

They both made mistakes

If the guy would have just been patient and waited for his mother then none of that would have happened

No big deal here just too men getting in a fight and one happened to be a cop and the other a citizen who looked suspicious

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

If the guys ID reads that its his home, and there are no restraining orders or calls to the home for domestic disturbance....i see no reason to really pursue it.

It seems that the city doesn't believe the officer acted appropriately, either.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe, but what if he had just killed his mother

Or was robbing his mother

He didn’t have a key

As for the city…their just afraid of the climate of racial tension. Understandable

To me the cop was in the right until he assaulted the guy for his phone.

He should have ordered him to just put down the phone first

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join