It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested & Punched for Sitting on His Front Porch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Don't care what it "sounds like", I made my point clear.

See how easy it is to escalate?

You sure did make your point clear......you are an enabler of hate,fear and stupidity....good for you it is a flag you should wear proudly ...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

WOW.

You got all that from two offhand comments?

Didn't mean to trigger ya dude.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

At some point the cops have heard enough and its time to detain the man.

Why?

Can they clearly articulate a crime he has committed, or is suspected of having committed, or is in the midst of committing?

Has he left the defined "public areas" of access, which include the sidewalk or front porch?

Has the owner requested the man to leave, converting his presence into constructive trespass?

Is he "disturbing the peace"?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

LOL...No not triggered just sick of people like you who have literally no idea what is going around them ......your level of stupid is somewhat scary to me and i am no longer going to read the rubbish people like you post without calling you out on it......

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Why?

Can they clearly articulate a crime he has committed, or is suspected of having committed, or is in the midst of committing?

Tell me... if you wanted to find out whether or not your pitbull was in the garage, would you try to pry the door open with a shovel?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Why?

Tell me... if you wanted to find out whether or not your pitbull was in the garage, would you try to pry the door open with a shovel?

Tell me if you were a criminal and wanting to break in to the house would you wait on the front porch for the cops to show up ?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Why?

My initial statement stands. The fact that they quit and ran from their behavior, which hopefully won't save them, speaks volumes.

A national certification, with the state and local certs being abolished, would begin to fix this sort of thing. You can run, but you'll be decertified. Good luck selling cars.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: imjack

My grandfather was a deputy sheriff in northern California for many years. There was animosity between the sheriffs office and the local police. Grandpa used to say "Most men, you do not want to become police officers." I agree, it's flabbergasting to see some of these stories roll in.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

My grandfather was a deputy sheriff in northern California for many years. There was animosity between the sheriffs office and the local police. Grandpa used to say "Most men, you do not want to become police officers." I agree, it's flabbergasting to see some of these stories roll in.

My own opinions are generally bad, but to me, this issue is race.

This particular cop may not be a racist, but he acted out of racial fear, no question in my mind. Be it from his own thoughts, or the droning media, his actions were a combination of speculation and fear.

This irrational fear of Black people is what leads to these conflicts. Cops are poorly educated people, this is why they become police, but to ignore racial fear from White police would be a mistake. 27% of Police are minority demographic, that's a Yuuuuge number, however 100% of these 'bad cop' videos are White police. The correlation is direct.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

My own opinions are generally bad, but to me, this issue is race.

I've only got one personal viewpoint, since I yam what I yam.

I don't think the issue is race. At least, not entirely. It's damned complex. The more you try to think it out, the more #ed up it gets.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I disagree that education (or lack thereof) is a primary factor in why people become police officers. I think it has more to do with personalities that seek out positions of authority.

I am "uneducated", but I am not a police officer.
edit on 3-10-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Edit to add

But I tend to agree with you about irrational fear of the "other".
edit on 3-10-2016 by MiddleInitial because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I complained to this police dept on their Facebook page. ODDLY, I got a long response.

"Tracy, the way the situation was handled could have been a lot better I must admit. This is not in line with our policy and procedure. There is a lot of information that the public does not know about this incident. The video does not tell the entire story. Crucial information. Before you become judge and jury wait until you have all the information before you. We are not a perfect department and our officers are not perfect but everyday our officers put the uniform on hoping to help and make a difference in someone's life. We don't always get it right but when we get it wrong we correct it and make it right."

I DID NOT expect that.

They are really on this. I can;t think of a police department that ever thought it important enough to respond so thoughtfully.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That's called "covering your ass". They don't want the bad publicity and certainly don't want protesters showing up. That hasn't turned out well for a lot of cities. Those cops may have quit, but you can be sure they are/will be working in the next town over or somewhere in that state. Cops just don't up and quit being cops. They get in trouble in one town, they just go to the next county. I've seen it happen with frightening regularity in my home state of Kentucky.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Maybe not. I have complained to police departments before. If the wanted to cover something up, they wouldn't reply to 'random perosn on FB'.

It wouldn't seem to further their agenda, if they had one.
edit on 3-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

To me, it looks like 2 really poorly trained cops ane the department itself agrees to some negligence not all, but some. A lot more than we usually get.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

It's sooo unbelievable! It's just.... really no words. Even without sound video does prove everything. I mean, i've watched with the sound which sometimes is very important due to what cause the accident, but here.. no comment

I am happy that this is not another case when they killed someone for sitting. Poor USA, poooor..
edit on Mon, 03 Oct 2016 07:36:28 -0500America/Chicago283603America/Chicago10312016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The address on his ID was the address he was at? Are you kidding me?

Once the police saw his ID the cops should have left.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

Guy who call them should be detained for unpurpose call and for wasting police's time.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if cops get ticked when the person they are looking for is not who the actually find when they arrive.Then being upset they escalate the situation til they can make an arrest...

When I was 28 I was working a Asst Store Manager at a small retail shop; my husband was a stay at home dad.We lived in a rented townhouse at the time .After coming home one night he told me a cop showed up looking for some chick, my husband told him that person did not live there.While I was at work on 2 other occasions the cop came again,husband proceeds to tell him again no one by that name lives there....

So now I finally have a night off,kids are in bed, I have a few drinks..Work calls about some papers I had but they were in the car....Well, guess what I did? I went out to my car to get the papers, and so I didn't lose the keys- put them in the ignition...

Out of nowhere this same cop shows back up,pins my car in and starts in on me with all kinds of accusations.He finally asks for license and registration and then kept saying "Is this your real name?" "Do you know (lady's name)?

Although this was in 2004 he had a dash cam,but he made sure my sobriety test was no where near the cameras view.I nailed my ABCs backwards,will never forget that,it shocked him,lol....

Anyway he arrested me for operating while intoxicated(This was also when I learned the police dont have to read you your rights.)Then at the police station he kept saying I was a liar because there was no way I "weighed that much"...He was just a pompous ***...BTW I was just over the legal limit...

Police report was a joke said I drove a "Green Canadian Pontiac".My car was not green or anywhere near it..There were so many errors...I still had to hire an attorney though to fight it and it cost me a few thousand by the time I was done...

I had quite a few run ins with cops when I was a teen - thankfully it taught me not all cops are jerks,actually the majority were not..

Who knows why the crappy ones choose to be cops in the beginning. I think most of them though, definitely do not like to be proven wrong.So when someone tries to show them they ARE wrong, or, their info was wrong from the get-go their ego takes over and leads them to rage ..

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yah, attempted B n' E. The police don't narrate for the camera. Portions are edited in the beginning. For all I know the 'neighbor' that phoned in the complaint was his mother. She doesn't answer the phone (if he really called her).

They would of course keep the RP ID private.

Thats the bit I think we're missing. Besides if you listen his story is all over the place. I would have arrested him, too.

Instead of being 'grabastic', waited for a couple more cops. Homeboy is uge.
edit on 3-10-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

The address on his ID was the address he was at? Are you kidding me?

Once the police saw his ID the cops should have left.

Except for that part where he was trying to force a perimeter entryway. Even demonstrated it for the police to "see if his dog was in there".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join