It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested & Punched for Sitting on His Front Porch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So why didn't he enter if that was the purpose with the door. Sure looked like the police only wanted to harass the man.

Much like saying anyone who own a fire arm and has shot it is intending to kill someone. Or everyone with a car will run over someone.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

So the job of the police upon being summoned is to jot down whatever crap theyre told by whomever is on the scene and then bugger off?

Cops deal with criminals all day every day.

Heres a guy jimmying a garage door in broad daylight having robbed his own mother twice.

Yeah they were going to see through his sophisticated ruse.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

having robbed his own mother twice.

That alone is deserving of 2 black eyes in my opinion. This dude got off lightly.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why didn't mom have him arrested and jailed twice before?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

All they had to do was walk across the street! This is really disgusting! These people feel so superior when they are supposed to be public servants! Now the rest will harass him I would bet and he will feel the need to join a gang to feel safe round and round we go!

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

You know what that has nothing to do with this.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
So discovering warrants after assaulting him makes the assault justified...

Gotcha.

You're right.

Ex post facto applies here too.
The assault appears unjust.

Things are screwed up man.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Urantia1111

having robbed his own mother twice.

That alone is deserving of 2 black eyes in my opinion. This dude got off lightly.

That's not how our Justice system works.
Crime = Time and or Fine.
Not psychopathic violent retribution.

You should reevaluate your position thoroughly.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

And there we have it. Good job on the Officers. They knew something didn't add up.

The officer (singular) gambled. He rolled dice.

That's the "shoot first ask questions later" mentality.
It is not acceptable at all.

Justice demands Due Process.

Please put aside your preconceived notions and your bias 'feelings' and prejudices. Then you will understand why this went wrong.

They should have put this on pause and ran his ID first.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sue for 10 million.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: roadgravel

You know what that has nothing to do with this.

People seem to claim it does. It goes to whether he was possibly trespassing. He didn't commit the crimes he is alleged to have.
edit on 10/4/2016 by roadgravel because: typos

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Seems like the cops could have done a lot better job trying to calm him down. First of all you cannot just command someone to relax. You have to at least pretend to have sympathy. And the cop probably should have said sooner that he wasn't comfortable with the phone calls.

edit on 4-10-2016 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
Seems like the cops could have done a lot better job trying to calm him down. First of all you cannot just command someone to relax. You have to at least pretend to have sympathy. And the cop probably should have said sooner that he wasn't comfortable with the phone calls.

Pretending to? They should have sympathy, not pretend. This story is tantamount to protect and serve no longer existing with police forces. Psychopaths should not apply for these jobs but they are running rampant.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

They both need to do jail time. They both need to pay financial damages. They both need to be fired instead of being allowed to resign. As soon as they saw that ID they should have walked away and APOLOGIZED.

I hope he gets millions. The money would have gone to waste anyways. Might as well give it to one of the citizens being abused by the state.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg
"After Yourse was in custody, Cole and Jackson discovered two active warrants for his arrest. It was also discovered Yourse was charged with breaking and entering into his mother’s house, 2 Mistywood Court, twice in the past."

Link

Wow. That's amazing. I proposed this exact scenario on the first page, and turns out it was correct. Pfft, I had no way of knowing that. That's the first I've seen that article. Thanks for bringing it here, and it does change the situation considerably. So the guy WAS trying to break into his mother's house. Wowza.

And so he lied to the cops profusely throughout the ordeal. He's a damn good liar. But it appears he didn't fool the cops. They knew something was up.
edit on Tue Oct 4th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Why are people saying this is such a tough situation for the poor cops? Wtf? This is NOT a tough situation, it is very simple indeed! You get his name and ID (which he had on him and they didn't even ask for to begin with!), you run his name and get any associated addresses. Job done, yup such a tough one that!

If nothing comes up for him then it makes it a LITTLE more difficult but one non-confrontational method would just be sit in the damn car until his mum returns... You could keep calling his mother until she answers her phone! There are like ten different ways this could be handled without it going like this!

The guy had a right to be a bit annoyed by their pressence, I mean relaxing outside your mums house waiting and then cops come over and start asking you questions and not really believing what you're saying. He kept pointing to another neighbour that knew him! Go ask, simple!

I feel for the guy, he was respectful and answered everything they asked of him! Still got a beating for his efforts!

And the real criminals? Oh they get to resign and then apply at another police station and continue as normal! Yet people have sympathy for THEM? You are some real twisted people!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

READ the post above yours. While you were ranting, the cops were catching the real criminal, on his mother's front porch, trying to break into her house.
edit on Tue Oct 4th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

About six months ago I was sitting at my kitchen table doing some work ( I work at home). A knock on the door and it's two animal control officers - uniformed, utility belts but I don't think they had guns. I put my dog in his cage (he's barking the whole time), walk out onto my front step and begin talking with them.

There was a "complaint" that I had kept my dog tethered outside without supervision - an ordinance violation at the very very most. We have a civil discussion for a few minutes wherein I say that no one could even have seen where I tether my dog without trespassing on my property, that I have never left him tethered without supervision, etc.

One of the "officers" asks my name, I tell her my first name and see her write it onto a form. She asks my last name and I say why do they need it. She asks for my height and I say I'm not telling her. She asks for my driver's license and I tell her I'm not giving it to her without a warrant. Mind, we're on *my* front porch, whereas five minutes before I had been sitting at my kitchen table minding my own business.

The first officer says we don't need his drivers license if he'll just cooperate. I ask them if they have a warrant or subpoena. The second officer backs up and gets all "Law & Order" on me and says, "If you cooperate this will go a lot easier on you" and I ask her what that means, the first officer says she's going to call the Police and have me arrested for not cooperating and pulls out her cell phone and starts dialing. On my own front porch, if I hadn't mentioned that yet.

I calmly point out that (a) she's a uniformed officer herself, (b) if she feels she has probable cause to arrest me she should go ahead and call the police, and (c) their invitation to be on my property is rescinded until she comes back with a search or arrest warrant. They finally left (but drove by the house every day for a week, that I saw).

Long story short, I'm sitting at my kitchen table minding my own business, five minutes later I'm being threatened with arrest for "not cooperating" with a warrant-less "investigation" into a simple ordinance violation punishable by a **warning** the first offense.

Sort of like the dude in the OP's story.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I discussed this with my wife.

Three things that the officer(s) should have done:

1. Checked with "Charlie" across the street to verify that he lives there, and/or

2. Sat in their cars and waited for his mom to get there, and/or

3. Walked away when he showed them his ID with the address on it.

The one thing that Dejuan should not have done (and no one should ever do when being questioned by police): Call an unknown individual to come to your house as back-up because police are harassing you. That truly does create a safety issue for the officer, and from the officer's point of view, I would have put a stop to that conversation, too. (although I already would have left or been in my cruiser at that point, so who knows...)

In any event, I'm just glad that these officers have body cams and that they have been (sort of) punished for this, but in this instance, I absolutely think that the department should be sued. I'm uncertain, though, that the female officer should have resigned. I'm not seeing nearly the wrongdoing out of her as the dude.

I totally get that an officer can't just take someone's word at face value without proof, but once someone proves with an ID that they live at the residence, get the hell off of their property and go on your merry way (or, like I said, wait in your cruiser until him mom shows up to ensure that he's not breaking into a house that he just sold or something). At that point, if he doesn't want you on his property, it's trespassing because you have no need to be there anymore in an official capacity--and you certainly don't have a right to hang around after his ID is shown and then attack him after he's annoyed to the point of calling someone to come over because you're trespassing and harassing him by that point in the encounter.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LanceCorvette

FYI, law enforcement doesn't need a warrant to ask questions of you, nor to ask for your ID, nor to be invited onto your property if they are questioning you in response to a call concerning a law violation. Of course, you can refuse to answer and tell them to get off of your property, but then you get what you ended up with.

Also, ordinance violations are valid reasons for LEOs to show up--and ordinance is a city law, and they are city police. It kind of makes sense that they would be asking you about a possible ordinance violation in the city by which they are employed.

Confrontationists--I'll never understand the why behind such actions when it's unnecessary.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join