It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested & Punched for Sitting on His Front Porch

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
OMG, the video goes on and on and on. I just posted on the Greensboro Facebook.
edit on 3-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

This is what our country has come to. You will say, "I am not black and in a good neighborhood", You will say.,"I didn't do anything to get into trouble."
You will say..soon..." I am not HIspanic. I am not an immigrant. I am not [insert something here]. It won't matter.

Jews are probably next. Or some Christian flavor. Or in this paradigm, maybe the Wiccans are next. I wouldn't doubt it about my religion, as Christiians think it is Satanic and the Alt Right is coming.

It is getting worse and Trump will definitely not stop it.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

The use of force part was stupid. But who knows, that guy could have had a fight with his mother, and been trying to break in. He did live in a separate apt.

He said he was waiting to get some money from her , the shovel thing under the garage door "to see if the dog was in the garage", that fell short. Surely phoned in cause it was suspicious behavior. He was attempting to open the garage door.

She refuses his call.

When the mother couldn't be reached, what then? The neighbors were an option, but the cops didn't want to check with them.

He says he knows them, grew up there, momma is 'on her way', to give him some money. I would be suspicious as hell. No need to check further with the neighbors, or reveal the RP (reporting party) to our 'subject' . They probably know him and thats why they called it in. Or mama did...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
At first it was ok for him to use the phone, then tells him you can't use the phone. Like the suspect should know police protocol about phones:-- The cop is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

OMG...here from your source...

“Cole and all of his other academy graduates were promoted on the same day,” police spokesperson Susan Danielsen said via email. Cole’s salary went up from $46,592 to $48,067 with the promotion, she said.

So the departments reaction to this is to promote him and pay him more money....i am not sure whether i should laugh or cry ....

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I thought the guy was being very civil to the officer. I thought the guy could have easily been identified if the other cop would have had a couple of the neighbors come over and identify him. I think they were too quick to use force on this guy.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

OMG...here from your source...

“Cole and all of his other academy graduates were promoted on the same day,” police spokesperson Susan Danielsen said via email. Cole’s salary went up from $46,592 to $48,067 with the promotion, she said.

So the departments reaction to this is to promote him and pay him more money....i am not sure whether i should laugh or cry ....

They did. It is disgusting. And people wonder about the kneeling during the National Anthem. It is to point out things like this.

It is to point out 'some people aren't following our main ideas, so we will kneel until they do."

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
I thought the guy was being very civil to the officer. I thought the guy could have easily been identified if the other cop would have had a couple of the neighbors come over and identify him. I think they were too quick to use force on this guy.

Yeah but see, that's why it's so fricken tough being a cop. Even after being identified, the cops had no way of knowing if the mother had a dispute with the guy, especially after finding out he had been in prison. And yet I totally agree with you. They needed to wait it out before going to use force. This would not be the first story though to illustrate the impatience of some officers. No one's life is worth their time, to some of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

No. They needed to leave.
I don't care who called the Police, his ID says he lives there, it's his house, he's allowed to hold a shovel. Within some reason.

The cops own words seal his fate.
"Yeah, if you were breaking in, you wouldn't just be sitting on the porch waiting."

Then why the fk did you touch him?
edit on 3-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

But but...it's on your watch...inst it ?

Dem/libs have been in power for how long ?

Did they do anything about this...? It appears, and you posted it, that the man was promoted. So...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
We can argue all day about why this guy was punched, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't for sitting on his front porch.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
No excuse for the police officer to act the way he did. The fact both officers have resigned during the investigation shows there is no doubt they were in the wrong.
Title of the thread is slightly misleading, it isn't the mans porch it is his Mums porch as he lives somewhere else.

edit on 3102016 by bilbous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
We can argue all day about why this guy was punched, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't for sitting on his front porch.

So you didnt watch the vid did you ....tell me why was he punched then what possible reason can you come up with to justify this rubbish ?....i am all ears ...

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

So you didnt watch the vid did you ....tell me why was he punched then what possible reason can you come up with to justify this rubbish ?....i am all ears ...

He was punched because he became combative when the cop snatched his phone... not that I agree with what the cop did.

edit on 3-10-2016 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey, this was DeJuan's lucky day. He can gets lots of sympathy and sue the police. The police are idiots.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I would have thought the guy escalated the situation by calling a friend "hey come on over to my moms house the cops are here and they're harassing me".

Who knows how many people would have shown up and made the situation even worse than it already was.

Officers in the line of duty have seen more than this kid ever has, and I'm sure that immediately put them on the defensive.

Not condoning, just saying.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

He was punched because he became combative when the cop snatched his phone.

And the cop snatched the phone because he was calling somebody to come over and 'help'. He said he's lived there for ten years (but doesn't have a key) also said he lives in an apartment complex. Tilt.

At some point the cops have heard enough and its time to detain the man.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
a reply to: Bone75

I would have thought the guy escalated the situation by calling a friend "hey come on over to my moms house the cops are here and they're harassing me".

Who knows how many people would have shown up and made the situation even worse than it already was.

Yes but it shouldn't have gotten that far to begin with. The cop should've just checked the address on his ID and told him to have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

for #s sake this isn't the political forum nor is this a political event, can you get over that # when it's not proper?!?

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I would have thought the guy escalated the situation by calling a friend "hey come on over to my moms house the cops are here and they're harassing me". Who knows how many people would have shown up and made the situation even worse than it already was. Officers in the line of duty have seen more than this kid ever has, and I'm sure that immediately put them on the defensive. Not condoning, just saying.

Sure sounds like you are condoning it...

The male cop escalated the situation as soon as he was involved, you could hear it in his voice right from the get go.....

The cop being promoted in all this is just a sign of where it is headed and i can tell you it is not a good place for any of us....

posted on Oct, 3 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Don't care what it "sounds like", I made my point clear.

See how easy it is to escalate?

edit on 10/3/16 by GENERAL EYES because: clarity for the easily confused

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join