It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revisiting Jaques Vallée - Beyond the Control Loop

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I know the desire to believe in Archons and the like is prevalent.

And I'm not saying that something like that cannot exist...

Its probable (to me---no proof) that all possible world access runs through our little bubble universe just like it does through most or all of them.

Now the question, (a valid one) is whether its possible for some of this to slightly bleed over once in a while?

The next valid question is whether this can happen without our rancid imaginations acting as a bridge?

Maybe. Im not certain.

But at a minimum our rancid imaginations make it 100x worse. And if we all became logical, loving, brave and forward-thinking i think that 99% of this rancid crap would stop.

So even *if* boogey men exist....its our love of them, our craving for them that lets this stuff happen.

And nothing "mystical" about this....we have 7 billion advanced biological computers operating on this planet, and most people barely use theirs.

Kev

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Duplucate.
edit on 10-10-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'd agree that some "tulpas" are aware enough to be afraid of death and they would do anything not to die.

But these EM/whatever kind of exotic fields were originally birthed in organic beings (mostly us).

I do think that highly afvanced "tulpas" are extremely rare....and 99% of the time its more like group psychosis.

But i find the 1% probable too.

I don't buy the sts and nuke facility stuff as being affected by that 1% however....not for the most part.

Let Jim show up....he's probably right 99% of the time.

Kev

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Whut in the world (or otherworld) is going on here?!
Howdy, y'all! I'm not sure I have enough time to delve in and contribute here, but some of you know I'm quite allured with the topic so who knows. One thing I will throw out there; Apparently, ufologist Keith Basterfield has recently stated Jacques Vallee continues to leave some substantial clues to various mysteries in Vol. III of his Forbidden Science journals. I didn't know III was available...maybe Keith got an early peek? Maybe I have it wrong. If not, Kit comes up again from my understanding. A little more light it sounded like. Maybe even quite a bit more light. Glad to see there's new--and revealing--investigatory research being done still. Tip o' the hat to Keith...he does some great work.

Edit to Add: Yeah, Volume Three is available as hardback. $49
edit on 10-10-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Ah, my "magic" sigil worked... all my fav's are posting again! Not to put pressure on anyone for profundity, but cool!

Now, KPB, that Magus is a magic tale and explains this "reality" very, very well ... but what does that leave us with to speak of?

Magicians all the way down!

Dunno... but I'm all for pretend play time! There's a saucer in the sand box... let's invert it, cover it with sand and make a neato dome! Magicians only, though... unless you know the password...(Magonia, of course).

But even while we play with the sand-dome, we are still left with that pesky, sandy saucer... or is it a plate?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Yup.

I certainly let go too. (carefully).

What do you think about that quote I shared earlier, from "The Magus"?

I never read that...but what was the quote?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm presuming that "our reality" and "us" bleeds over and gets sighted in other universes...as Archons and gas lantern lid UFOs too.

Some poor sumbiatsch summons the BadDogma demon on occasion for example.

Some Muslim mediums claimed to have trapped me in a djinn jar once you know.... (I had the WEIRDEST) night terror that night quite coincidentally.

So i take that theory quite semi-seriously.

Kev

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Its back further in the thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

We should discuss it for sure.

Nice to see you partner.

Im pretty much retired from all this nonsense..
But as BD says...its very nice to see everyone here once more.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
In one case even, one person thought they were abducted while standing there next to the other person (they weren't abducted, not physically at least).

Budd Hopkins also investigated a similar event, which eventually toward the end of his life caused him to reassess his earlier notion that "aliens" were primarily interested in selective breeding with humans and creating a hybrid. He couldn't find a way to fit the obvious strangeness of time and reality shifts into his relatively simple breeding hypothesis. Toward the end, his focus shifted toward the notion that these "things" were somehow trying to interact with people to make themselves "more real." (?)

I don't know how an alien (even a transdimensional alien) would think or what their motivations would be, because I'm a human being and I'm pretty much limited to that way of thinking.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yeah, well ... I'm retired from my mystery team, too! But I hear an old man outside of town is scaring kids off his farm with giant fake spaceships and I'm gettin' the gang back together...

to meet at the bar and get silly, anyway. Mystery shmystery!

I'm just glad the gang is still alive, presumably well and still on speaking terms... life is too darned short, and long, and it's nice to catch up ... even if nobody figures out how the old man is creating space ships.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That's really good feedback.

In my experience these personality fragments, or being fragments (hard to say which)
want to get a foothold in our world.. and there are various strategies.

But the first step is to always "catch our attention", which is why they are so
absurd, with the flashing lights and bath-tubs falling out of the sky.. and the
critter forms and all that.

Sort of like Donald Trump!

Kev

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Oh my God, Kevin, does your villainy know no bounds?

In my experience these personality fragments, or being fragments (hard to say which) want to get a foothold in our world.. and there are various strategies.

Tell me you aren't about to wrap the Qliphoth up in your "living plasma" thing?

That's a burrito no one can handle.

And it's so 80s,

#UrFired
edit on 10-10-2016 by Dan00 because: so fired

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

No i dont do the shard thing.

I did study a bit with one of the few teachers authorized by the state of israel.

But nope...i don't agree with Isaac Luria or any of that stuff.

Besides...im retired.

Kev

PS: good high brow metaphysical humor is hard to come by. I really enjoyed that humor!
edit on 10-10-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There is no "retired" at ATS!

You're all fired for being retired.

I'm just getting started.

That has been part of my strategy.

edit on 11-10-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Retired or not ... it was good to read from you again.

Though being relatively new here, I think you're ideas are really 'thinking outside the box', and I mean that as a big compliment.

You think the 'brainfarm' can be used to 'print/spawn' physical things or is it all in perception?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Well that's the thing.

This whole "physical vs non-physical" thing is overblown.

If i weren't for the Higgs Boson, there wouldn't even BE "mass" (solid stuff)
in nearly the way that we have now.

What if advanced lifeforms can ignore the effects of the effects of the Higgs Boson / Higgs field?
(with or without technology).

Well then it would look like "they" could materialize and dematerialize at all.

And that ability would look like magic to us.. it would look like their minds could manipulate
"matter". And they could...

It might be just that simple. And that's just one possibility.

Now are "space brains" "real"?

Maybe.

This whole "real" thing is overblown too..but mental illness is rampant on Earth too...

We have these huge imaginations.. and we use them to hurt each other.. as their
primary function.

We really need to get to a zero scarcity culture and solve some of these societal
things which are holding us back.

Kev

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Ok, thanks for sharing. Fascinating stuff!

I was actually thinking along another line. If the phenomena is originating from our own consiousness, maybe by steering the public mind in a certain direction, the phenomena can be controlled to 'present' us certain things. Compare it to top search results in a search engine if you like. That would also mean you can abuse this phenomena to achieve certain leaps in technology/knowledge.

Reason I think this is because from what I've red, sometimes it seems the phenomena is showing things years in advance to what we have. This made me think about a TED talks podcast I listened to about predictive AI that could foresee our needs. For instance the moment we want pizza, the AI already 'calculated' that 30 minutes ago and ordered it, resulting in a delivery the very moment of our thought.

Sometimes I tend to think the UFO phenomena is somehow working in the same way, perhaps a bit more 'leading' us along the lines.

I hope it's clear what I mean because these are some abstract concepts and I'm not writing in my native language.

And yes, being in IT myself and learning Vallee's IT background gives him much credit in my book

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

Yes....Vallee did a formal test of feeding back into the "control loop".

Things are not too dramatic on our end of things however. We are a very young race with far to go.

Kev

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

hey, Kev, what was the result of Vallee's feed back experiment? I don't remember reading about the results (or much of anything, truth be told).

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join