It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP vs. CLINTON, The Super Bowl of debates is about to begin

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Edumakated
Trump didn't do himself any favors. He beat himself. He honestly should have walked away this debate. You could see she was flustered early on but he just couldn't make a simple point. He talks too damn much and it hurts his ability to get his point across in a soundbite world.

I don't think it matters though.

I have to agree with this assessment. When he is focused on jobs and financial issues, he can't be beat. He knows his stuff and you hear it and see it. On other matters, his mind seems to go too fast and he flits from one thought to another and he seems to drag his mouth along. I think he will learn how to get that hyperactive mind under control. We will see on the next debate.

So when he's discussing international issues that aren't about jobs, etc, it's OK if he's a complete moron dealing with diplomats?

I don't think he came off that way. He is no moron that's for sure, but, I think he tries to tie too many things together verbally. He's probably right, but his brain is moving too fast and his mouth is trying to keep up with it. He needs to calibrate his mental quickness and his verbal energy.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yeah he missed a lot of opportunities which goes to show he has to get serious and prepare the same way Clinton prepared.

Like her or not she was obviously well-prepared for the debate, Trump looked like he was just winging it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Number 1 Question for All Americans Tonight . What is Hillary Clinton's Plan to Bring Back Economic Growth in America Today ? Answer , NONE .

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Personally early on Hillary had her ass handed to her, Trump needs to know when to shut up, he is obviously passionate and do respect that, Hillary was just a drone as expected and played it safe and stayed on message.

Out the two I am a firm Trump supporter but I can see how his mouth can get him into trouble.

If I was inside his camp I would be telling him to keep the passion but stick to clear facts and not just repeat buzz words.

If it was just entertainment it was good but the future of the U.S. is at stack and the wider world..

RA

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Says trump, she has a plan you just might not agree with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

i tuned in to watch two candidates debate for the presidency of the United States... not to watch a "spectacle".

that's the problem. we are groomed on spectacle (thx TV), craving frothy bits of mayhem so we can jeer & guffaw & get off on the blather of it all.

& i remember much of what both candidates said, 'cause i was paying attention. now the trick is to wash my brain of the image of a 400lb hacker on a couch.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: efabian

Bottle of scotch huh????

Want company???

I'll bring my own glass.

Of course. The more, the better.
It's good to find ways to get away from this constant politic arguments going on around here.

At the end of the political season I'm sure we'll all strangely get along.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes. I called this earlier in the week. Excuses already made for Trump's loss.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mythos

Let's be honest ok? If you're an informed voter you already know both their plans, so "tuning" in is irrelevant as we all know you don't "learn" anything as an informed voter during the debate.

So with that said my comment is for the majority of Americans who don't follow politics as closely as yourself might, and we're tuning in to see Trump.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I posted on the mud pit thread that I thought Hillary won this by a small margin.

I thought Trump won the first section on the economy, and lost the rest of them.

However, there is a reason for this.

The economy debate was an even fair debate. Then we went into questions such as where are your tax returns, you did the birther thing, mentioning Hillary's looks. How was he gonna win these points? All he can do is be defensive on these. And yes, he screwed up, and appeared to be unhinged several times.

So to me he was winning, and the moderator decided to ask attack questions of Trump.

I challenge anyone to show me where Holt asked a queston such as this.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Just fact checked...Hillary denied she called TPP "The Gold Standard"...Fox just played video of her saying it was...you guessed it... "The Gold Standard."

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Says trump, she has a plan you just might not agree with it.

Her Alleged Plan ...... Let's see , Free College for Everyone , Tax the Rich , Start Another Unwinnable War , Increase the National Debt , Continue to see the Middle Class Suffer , Enable Iran to become a Nuclear Power , Destroy America from Within , Check .

edit on 26-9-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zabadeano
a reply to: daaskapital

We watched the same debate, just through different eyes.

Trump repeatedly reminded us all at the end; the hundreds of millions $$$
Hillary has spent on adverts to demonize Trump, whilst Trump has spent very little if nothing at all.

It's Hillary who has the dark past lest we forget

The difference is that i'm watching the American election and this debate as an Australian who has no dog in the race. You're watching it as a Trump supporter. You are bound to see Trump's performance as better than it actually was.

Yes, Trump done well in some scenarios, but there were others where he could have countered Hillary on many topics. He never pushed too hard on Hillary's emails (he let her side-step the question of deleting 30,000 emails), and he let her criticise him on Iraq and Libya when she herself was guilty of the same accusations. Trump never came back and said that she also supported the Iraq War, or that she was the most vocal about the removal and murder of Gaddafi and her negligence with Benghazi. He prodded her a bit with the vacuum she left for ISIS, but he never tore her apart on her failures as Secretary of State in her inability to adapt to the Arab Spring.

I think Clinton hit him harder than he hit her, and more consistently as well. As a result, i think it is clear that Clinton came out as the victor. As much as i hate to say it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If I had to describe it in one word, that word would be mediocrity. Trump started fairly well, lost focus during the middle, missed a number of good opportunities and floundered to the the finish. Hillary came across as incredibly smug, condescending and arrogant, with a constant crap-eating grin pasted on her face to match. In terms of content, both of them just spewed memorized basic talking points with no real depth. Hillary might have had a few more of them memorized, for the very little that was worth.

Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with either of them. Just based on that, if I were undecided...which I'm not...I'd be looking very strongly at third party candidates.
edit on 26-9-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's official! CNN just announced that their poll shows Hillary 63% / Trump 27%. Hillary won overwhelmingly. CNN just won more supporters for the "underdog". Americans love to root for the underdog.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Surprising? Clinton News Network.

Here is Time:

time.com...
edit on 26-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: carewemust

Surprising? Clinton News Network.

I will take the time to note that CNN's parent company, Time Warner, is a major donator to Hillary Clinton and her campaign(s).

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes...is false" - William Casey Former Director of the CIA

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

fair enough... but then again, i say if people are tuning in just to see Trump do something Trumpish, then democracy has failed us.

'The cornerstone of democracy rests on the foundation of an educated electorate': - Thomas Jefferson

entertained is ~not~ the same thing as educated.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The debate went as expected when one person prepares for it and the other tries to ad-lib through it.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join