It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clownist? are we really afraid of Clowns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Doubler
edit on 9.24.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Check out this article. I reckon we're seeing urban folklore in the making. False reports followed by emulation and mischief.

It's happened before.

edit on 9.24.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i like clowns and i remember i loved them when i was a kid.
actually i have friends that are professional clowns and they are very creative and awesome people.
they make entertaining and thought-provoking shows and not only for kids. they are all excellent artists.

kinda feel the need to defend the clown-profession here!

clowns are not all psychos and not every clown is scary and drunken.
please don´t generalize everything like that!
geez

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Clowns go all the way back to Atlantis. The oldest clown in hell right now is an old clown from Atlantis. He is as old as he is wise, he seldom appears but when he does the clown demons gather around him like little children and listen to his stories.

I hate clown hell..

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Look at what the World has come to, we've got criminals running around in clown suits trying to intimidate people by being demonic. How insane is that? It's a good trope in any dystopian fictional setting, this is a bar by which we can measure how far into madness and evil our society has slipped. Having juggalo criminals and people dressing like evil clowns is not an acceptable standard to set. It's like Akira out there for god's sake!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I will straight up lay a clown out. That is a fact. Like the man said, f*ck this clown.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

I'm with you on this. Clowns are awesome. How can someone hate an entire profession based around bringing laughter and good cheer.

The evil clown motif has been around for many years too, IE The Joker, who managed to beat ICP by a good 60 years, but clowning itself: hundreds of years tradition making people laugh during exceedingly bad periods of human history.

The fact that bored Juggalos are creeping people out in the woods for kicks is pretty sad. Hope none of them accidentally get their asses shot.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Check out this article. I reckon we're seeing urban folklore in the making. False reports followed by emulation and mischief.

It's happened before.

You sure that's what happened? Or is it what "happened" so the deeper meaning and the larger truth wasn't revealed. You should look into the origins of most fairy tales & fables. I can guarantee 9/10x the first dozen sources you find will be false.

The story you linked reminds me of the Tsuyama Massacre,

On May 21, 1938, a 21-year-old man from Japan killed 30 people and injured 3 more using a Browning shotgun, a katana sword and an axe. After all the murders, he killed himself with two bullets on his chest. It was one of the wildest nights to remember, the night of the Tsuyama massacre.

Now, as crazy as a scapegoat can be...or well, a 21 year old kid, killing an entire village....eh, no. Not when you hear the real details of the case.

"After putting two flashlights on his head, he started wandering around the village breaking into his neighbors’ houses and killing them.

LOL - two flashlights on his head...

From a witness that escaped the village that night by luck:

が貝尾に来たからである、又C(同=Aさんの妻)も来たからである〉と、確かに2人が里帰りしたことが直接の� ��行動機になったことが記されている。

Crappy Google Translate:

But because he came to Caio, also a C (same = A's wife) it is also came from>, certainly is that two people were homecoming has been written that it is now in the direct motive.

LINK

There were two things that attacked that village that night. 90% of the articles you find are just retellings of an elaborate sexual perversion history they gave to Mutsuo Toi, retelling of his Tuberculosis and using it as a scapegoat, claiming sexual frustration caused him to strap two flashlights to his head and kill 30 people (half the village-with no resistance LOL) in 1 hour.

Though (contradictory) witness reports... say there were two attackers. And what they won't tell you in probably anything online, is that victims were torn in half, shoulders ripped out of the socket (if memory serves).

SO....

We humans have this very problematic history of wrapping up very sinister or mysterious events, or anything with high strangeness, and just delivering it in that nice package. Almost every article on this one speaks just to the "character" of the "perpetrator". And it should bother people because humans are getting a bad rap!

I wonder who the 'suits' are?...

It was one of the few survivor who witnessed the incident.
"I Ja' amazing incident. That day out extra newspaper, Ja've been written as" Onikuma incident of Showa "(Taisho era of murders) in large letters. Then, not you write the coverage and novels , I came in various ways, the eagle does not have hand in. even to be incidents of bereaved family now, the story of the incident does not absolutely. people to talk at that time Oran'yo "
First we hear talk about the A's, but Kangaibuka down,

"The other since then, ... whether the stand even 70 years."

What they are saying is that the story was picked up by newspapers immediately, misrepresenting it, then it became books, novels, movies....HISTORY. If you translate the rest, you will get the newspapers version and it gets confusing, but it's cleared up at the end:

In fact, (Matsumi Toy) are also in possession of a gun before, have been seized by the police in the previous two months of the crime.

And you know what I found if you go back through history? There's a common pattern when events involved "extra" information. There's a recent one which is impossible to talk about that has another side too, but not the commonly heard misinformation side.

Im not sure the witnesses even know what happened in the Tsuyami Incident, or its possible they were covering for a larger purpose. There was reportedly lights sighted in the sky related to this incident too.

The most interesting part is the area is closed off now.

The event has been nearly 70 years, but the scene of the crime is still regarded as a local off-limits, such as the issue of Kamo-cho history for this event only "event occurs Toi Mu male" word in passing.

www.51qumi.com...
edit on 24-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A few years back I went as a clown for Halloween, complete with squeaky nose. My wife and I went downtown to see what was going on for the night. As we were walking down a quiet side street a small group was walking towards us. One of the girls in the group stopped and said something about clowns. So I squeaked my nose and she screamed and ran down an alley. Scariest costume I ever wore.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Look at what the World has come to, we've got criminals running around in clown suits trying to intimidate people by being demonic.

Naaah.....more likely actual demons (or what used to misinterpreted as...)

The reason we have a "tie it with a bow" news-story, claiming 'case-closed' is likely because of this:

11 Year Old Girl Brings Knife to School to Ward Off Evil Clowns

"She said that the reason she had the knife was for protection for her and her family because she had heard the stories about clowns jumping out of the woods and attacking children," the police report reads.

And I know the immediate reaction: "But Bonch, they already proved this was just some pranking kids/teens/20 year old?"

Hmm... I've actually seen each explanation recently.

triblive.com...

“We can assure everyone we do not have any rogue clowns running around town.”

The event was another chapter in a strange saga of people in several states recently reporting that creepy clowns have been spotted lurking in their neighbourhoods.

It's Hysteria!

It's everywhere now. A trickle of mysterious clown sightings in August has turned into a gusher that has social media in a frenzy. Creepy clown sightings have spread to dozens of states. Two were reported in Easton within a span of 12 hours Wednesday and Thursday, following reports earlier in the week from Pottsville, Pa., and Huntingdon County, near Harrisburg

Actually, Ill agree to one point, it is normal when strangeness to happen that people will unknowingly imitate or mimic the phenomena (think UFO hoaxers), but then you have government disinformation to quell concern, which is indiscernible from a prank or hoax, or a neatly packaged "end" to the story (like the article above.) - that doesn't mean the first cases were though.

Think about it, how hard is it for cops to wrap up a clown case? Not hard. ...but this blew up into a thing because it was a legitimate mystery. Now they are covering it.

LaGrange Police - Reports it received threats of clowns planning to abduct children.

Clowning around? The LaGrange Police Department said it received several calls Monday night about clowns in vans in wooded areas trying to speak to children (file photo)

Of course reported in the DailyFail (send all strangeness to the tabloids, as the MIB call them, 'the Hot Sheets'. (They really are).

The first week of September, neighbors in Winston-Salem, North Carolina said a creepy clown was offering kids candy if they followed him into the woods.

Police in the town later arrested a man they say filed a false report of a clown sighting. - COVER

And in Dublin, Georgia, this week, a driver called police to say he had to swerve a clown that was seen lurking in the middle of the road, although Dublin Police Chief Tim Chatman said there's no evidence it's true.
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

The thing is, when this Clown thing started it wasn't just 'clowning around', the original stories were very serious, and parents worried they had child predators on the loose - stories like this were surfacing:

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Police in North Carolina say someone in a clown costume tried to lure kids into the woods Sunday night.

The incident happened in the 1200 block of East 29th Street off Hwy. 52 about 8:30 p.m.

The 'clown' was described as wearing white overalls, white gloves, red shoes with red bushy hair, a white face and a red nose.

ET race with white space suit, bushy hair and a red face? Hmm, where DO clowns come from?

The oldest of clowns can be traced to the Fifth dynasty of Egypt about 4,500 years ago. The Danga, a pygmy that served Pharoah Dadkeri-Assi, was believed to have come from The Land of Ghosts, South of the Sahara. His capering had became very entertaining to the early Egyptian nobility. From this point in time until the 17th century, the tradition of tolerating a fool's honesty had came from the belief that they and madmen wielded divine inspiration.

Every single character or mythic creature or fabled being, can be traced back to some real type of incident/beings, and it's a common trait in every culture to mimic these things we've seen. Whether its to ward them off, to imitate them, to pay homage to them....or to fictionalize them, so when they return we simply dismiss it!

Who here knows the importance of the Grimaldi name?...

(The cover up didn't start in 1947 - it started in 1AD)

2014 - This is cited as "the cause" or was it the first attempt at: "The Cover"

Local Sheriff Warns Clowns

Map of Clown Sightings Across US

Clowns in Kentucky

Terrified Parents Warn of Clowns Following Their Children

Schools Warned of Clowns

Clowns - No laughing Matter

Sinister Clowns are Scaring People in Multiple States

Now, we also have 9 Clowns Arrested & charged with terrorism! - So I guess we will see if its a return of the Danga from the Land of the Ghosts, or just kids clowning around. As that penalty will surely scare away the earthly clowns.

Keep your eyes open.

Did I mention there is expected, increased activity lately? Yeah. Started about 1-2 months ago (a little earlier, but took off then)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh my, you just one upped my craziness fella.. you think they are actual demons manifesting in physical form? The thought of "clown demons" existing somewhere is intriguing, it's not as traditional as say a "generic demon". You don't hear people talk about clown demons but you are saying this would be it? Or the tradition of clowns were inspired by aliens? Interesting theory, not what I would expect to hear.

Personally I doubt this is anything but a bunch of sick socipathic losers though, I mean they've found them and arrested them. I don't get it, what could get any normal person to do this kind of thing? They must have a very, very sick mind. And to think that we aren't talking about a single case here but a series of incidents. Sick people..

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Boncho, I worry that you're lost in the darkness and wandering amidst the shades.

There are details about this slaughter on wiki which make more sense of the tragedy. He lost his parents at an early age and was raised by his grandma. Perhaps she mistreated him? Could that be why she was amongst the first to be killed? He was also diagnosed with TB (that killed his parents) and this could have knocked his disordered personality off its pivot. He left behind notes that described feeling rejected by local girls due to the TB and you can imagine how TB would have been massively amplified in his world view as it stole his childhood.

What do you think of my guy from Bad Axe? There's a teachable moment in that lost incident...or there was for me.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Thank goodness no-one has mentioned Ronald McDonald vs the Grahams............

Anyway, as a class Clown, I advocate that Clown Lives Matter!!

CLM, CLM, CLM, come-on everybody, ....CLM, CLM......

I say we have our first march at Charleston, North Carolina........

Don't forget....plenty of White face Make up....ya hear......

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

There are details about this slaughter on wiki which make more sense of the tragedy. He lost his parents at an early age and was raised by his grandma

He was from a very wealthy family, and the rest was a fiction they created (as far as I've been able to deduce.) More than that, the whole point is a rush to publish happened the next day, it was covered up (by witness statements), that raises the need for inquiry.

You cannot make a proper determination by retellings or media reports when evidence comes into question. By that measure we could say on one hand, Roswell is real - wait, nope, it's not. Battle of LA happened, are media reports the end of the story? No, the story is in the radar tracking data.

In any case, the point I make is the only way to be certain is by reviewing the original case files, and even then, they can be destroyed, faked, omitted, etc. But in this case, I have seen enough that I fully doubt the official story with high confidence. I spent awhile looking for some notes I have on it, Ill post back if I find.

What do you think of my guy from Bad Axe? There's a teachable moment in that lost incident...or there was for me

It's actually very relevant. I put it on my list to do. Not sure when I can allot time to it or how much Ill put in. I think that is where we falter and we too easily write off strangeness to whatever easy solution has been presented to us.

With all the police interest – 1950s police interest! – the creature turned himself in and was duly taken down to the station. The resulting ‘mug shot’ is a lost gem of UFO history…

If anything, this supports everything I said in an earlier post. Cops can track and bust these crimes easier than physical. Especially small communities where everyone talks. The fact they did this Photo-OP, near the height of a UFO-wave (early 50s) just to write off some silly prank? Sounds fishy, Ill have to look into it.

The main thing is (if you can) always track the very first instance, and try to get the earliest reports, testimonies, etc. Never go by the conclusions (as you haven't made them), if you spot strangeness, then its worth more attention. Im not saying minor, joker, idiot hoaxes etc don't exist, sure they do, but barely touch the public consciousness.

When you have something persistent that is setting off a lot of people or attention, often much more lies beyond the official story. That being said, I don't advise people to go back and challenge every case in history, but for instance if you found a bunch of reported UFO activity, the same time the Bad Axe guy did his stunt, and alternative witness accounts, maybe multiple papers/coverage, or tangible loss or damage, recanting of testimonies....etc, then its definitely worth challenging the official version.
edit on 25-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Dammit, Im gonna have to look into this one...

"There was starting to be flying saucer stories, and the idea came from that," Weiss said. "We wanted to take this idea a little further."

Reminds me of those two elderly knuckleheads who tried to take credit (and may as well have for public concern) for all the crop circles in England. Most people don't know their wives said it was impossible for them to have done it, as they were never out late enough to accomplish the task. Not only that, they couldn't even draw the circle designs on a notepad to describe others around the area.

www.ufocasebook.com...

While Im not sure there's a case of declassified material where INT hires actors or locals to pretend to take responsibility for events, I know that would be my first inclination if I was tasked with quashing public fears.
edit on 25-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join