It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Vid] Keith Lamont Scott shooting. Officer seen planting gun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
Not calling bs but do you honestly think officers just carry around a spare gun to throw off a scene? I am just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this.

Some do, it's called a "throwaway", and can easily be carried in an ankle holster or a pocket, if the gun is small enough, like a Keltec or baby Beretta.

CX

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It's not obvious - the officers could have picked it up from close to him and thrown it away from the body.
It will become clearer once the body cam videos are released.

It's incredibly unwise for MSNBC to be speculating on this and adding more fuel to the fire.

Just out of interest, would an officer trained in firearms really throw a firearm onto a road? I've used plenty of firearms in my time but never knew anyone that thought it would be a safe thing to do....especially when you had colleagues or anyone for that matter stood around close by.

You can slow the video down on YouTube and cleary see somethinhg being tossed to the floor....but i just didn't know if this was a normal thing to do?

CX.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TinfoilTP

She's telling the police "Don't you shoot him" "Don't you do it" and finally "Don't do it!".

At first, before she tells him to get out of the vehicle to save the windows. She cared about the damn windows for gods sake. After that she is yelling at her husband not to do it.

That's what i got from it too.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I always asked myself how one can post in the wrong thread, now it happened to me, too.

edit on 24-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I just started using this stupid win 10 pc and alt prnt doesn't work like before! Aargh. T

On windows 10 print screen is windows key+prt sc.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
For all the people that think it's a gun I have a question for you. Why would the cop shoot him if he didn't have a gun?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
For all the people that think it's a gun I have a question for you. Why would the cop shoot him if he didn't have a gun?

...Because it's happened, a lot?

Not sure where you are going with this.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Not calling bs but do you honestly think officers just carry around a spare gun to throw off a scene? I am just trying to wrap my head around the logistics of this.

Absolutely! Whether it's a "backup gun" or a "throwdown gun" you can be assured that officers carry a spare, unauthorized gun (i.e. not issued by the police department).

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

1st of all police are trained to immediately take control of the weapon and render it safe(ie clear the magazine and round out of the chamber) so no one else, like the lady filming' can come pick it up and use it. Secondly it appears to me that he is throwing probably a black latex glove on the ground and trying to put on another so he could check the guy out(vitals, search) without getting blood on him. This is completely irresponsible of MSNBC to be insinuating what they are. The media is trying to push this BS narrative of rampant racism that is not there. Black officer, black suspect, black police chief, black mayor. etc. etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

You think that officer was putting gloves on to check the victims vital signs? LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

standard practice in many police departments, is never touch a bleeding suspect/ victim with bare hands.
many won't even frisk without gloves on.

edit on 24-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Maybe, but if you watch the video, two (white) officers are handling the body without gloves, it appears, while the black officer, supposedly the shooter, is putting on gloves. Why?

Also, as the Scott's wife approaches, seconds after the shooting, does the black officer still have his weapon in his hand? At what point does he holster it or bag it as evidence? We don't see him do anything like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That's a glove... to wear while in a bloody crime scene to prevent transfer of disease.

Conspiracy theory debunked. Skeptics win again.

Record:
Skeptics: 5000000000000000000
Conspiracy Theorists: 1 -- something was fishy about JFK
edit on 9/24/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The woman was yelling "DONT DO IT!!" and multiple officers were yelling "Put down the gun!"

What more proof do you want?

link   
edit: multiple post

link   

link   

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well any officer acting in official capacity should not be able to carry anything not dept issued. And going forward any officer caught in possession of a weapon or even a pen not dept issued should be let go in my opinion. These are some of the things that need to change to put an end to that crap. Hell when I worked for a certain satellite company if we had an issue with a tech we would make them come in everyday and inventory his rig before his shift , seems somthing similar could be implemented before roll out in the police depts. Opens more jobs.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well any officer acting in official capacity should not be able to carry anything not dept issued. And going forward any officer caught in possession of a weapon or even a pen not dept issued should be let go in my opinion. These are some of the things that need to change to put an end to that crap. Hell when I worked for a certain satellite company if we had an issue with a tech we would make them come in everyday and inventory his rig before his shift , seems somthing similar could be implemented before roll out in the police depts. Opens more jobs.

So you want to make using non-department issued pens a fireable offense because an officer dropped a glove at a crime scene?

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Funny how Keith Scott's wife keep repeating "don't do it Keith" over and over and over and over again and yet some want to believe the false narrative that he didn't have a gun.

Willfully ignorant.

edit on 24-9-2016 by DeplorableBasket because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join