It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or Against War with Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If America does face a nuclear armed Iran, I wonder what the delivery vehicle will be for the Iranian Nuc........long-range Missile or a suicide bomber in a delivery van?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Ok, well the truth does out. Those against war with Iran want Iran to destroy Israel! Now I understand...

[sarcasem]you are so right i want iran to lob a couple at the jewish state so they can be blown off the face of the planet[/sarcasem]

get over your self

just because we dont have phycotic minds like you lot who crave to kill people.

i said it before
and i will say it again for you

1. Iran have the right to defend them selves in any means possible

2. if they do get nukes they would be stupid to use them with no reason
( only use them if attacked first )

3. Israel attack its neighbours reg
iran having nukes would stop that as those would go under its umbrella

did i mention im all for iran having nukes as a detturent

[edit on 22-1-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
you have to remember your talking about a 4000 year old war for the motherland.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
I completely agree with you on these points...

Iran should stop pursueing nuclear arms.

They should allow access to all military installations by US inspectors.

They should remove all mullahs that demand the "death of Israel"

They should also remove all mullahs that demand the death of america.

They should allow free elections.

For once I agree with one of your posts.
For the record I would be against it. The American casualties that would amount to the millions would just be for a pointless cause, like the war in Vietnam and Iraq.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
4000 year old war for the motherland?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Against it for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
yeah. Mecca. The holy land.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The current tally as it stands is:

AGAINST:21
FOR: 5

I have noted that some members have said that they would or may support this war if it was proven that Iran is building nuclear weapons. Ask yourself, if Iran had nuclear weapons, would we even be asking this question today?

If Iran had nuclear weapons, it would not be threatened like this, and nor would US forces be making incursions into Iranian borders preparing for attacks. If Iran had nuclear weapons it would have stabalized the region.

However, why can't Iran have nuclear weapons? It is a sovereign nation, it is relatively peaceful and it is modernizing. Yet, Israel can, even though it is constantly waging wars with it's neighbors and threatening them. And Pakistan can too, even though it is constantly threatening to use them?

If these are not double standards, what are they? Iran does not have the right to defend itself, but Israel and the Pakistan have the right to nuclear terror? It is only right that Iran gets nuclear weapons, because it would have a stabalizing effect in the middle east by counter-balancing Israel.

Do you really believe in these double standards? Who is the most dangerous country in the world right now and is bent on war? It's America. Who is building even more nuclear weapons, weaponizing space, and building gene weapons and anti-matter bombs? It's America. America has set the precedent, and any sovereign nation that wants to defend itself, has no choice but to acquire a deterrent.

That is what a nuclear weapon is, sometimes called a "peacemaker" it is not made to be used, it is made to keep peace. Iran, is a modern and responsible nation, it knows that if were to use nuclear weapons, it would be vaporized within seconds. It is not going to use nuclear weapons.

It is well known that Iran has had chemical and biological weapons for decades. Have they been used on anyone? No. People, please, look through the hypocrisy.

There are no conditions that Iran needs to meet for US to wage war, except, aggression against our homeland. However, here the opposite is happening, we are aggressing against their homeland. There are people in Iran, living, breathing, talking people, who have families and friends, why do you think they deserve to be bombed?

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
There are people in Iran, living, breathing, talking people, who have families and friends, why do you think they deserve to be bombed?

Because if we don't, that means we won't have any war to fight after Iraq. The people in the big US military machine might just starve. Oh dear.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I have to ask something. Has Iran done anything to us? Have they done anything to anyone? Have they recently conducted air strikes against us or any of our allies? We do still have one or two left, don't we? Israel and England come to mind ... Has Iran shot down any of our spy planes lately? Have they made any aggressive moves against any of our military bases, or blown up/sank one of our military vessels?

Aside from trying to arm themselves against evil, foreign aggressors, such as ourselves, what exactly have they done? I must have missed something.

I'm not only against an American invasion of Iran, I think that if we do invade that country then George W. Bush & Company should be forceibly removed from office, placed handcuffs and prosecuted for war crimes and crimes against Humanity.

I'm don't normally wish bad or violent things upon another person, but if Bush invades another country without provocation, then it will send me over the edge. If he is so blinded by his own power, so arrogant as to recklessly and thoughtlessly shove his own views down the throats of others, and so delusional as to think that he's doing God's work, then I think he needs to be stopped. Whether it be by a sniper, a stroke or a car bomb, I don't care. But somehow this man must be stopped.

Not only is George Bush destroying other countries and murdering innocent people, he is destroying our country and all that we have fought so hard to stand for over the last century. George Bush is not of right mind, and is a clear and present danger to the entire world. When will our nation wake up? We've allowed a monster to run/ruin our lives, masquerading as God's Holy Disciple, and having a set of morales that would make the Godfather look like a Choir Boy.

And the worst part of it all will be if he invades Iran backed by the support of our people, simply because he's the President of the United Staes.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You have voted Indigo_Child for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

well said

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
for netbound :

Did the al queda do anything to us BEFORE 9/11?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance

Did the al queda do anything to us BEFORE 9/11?

yeah they bombed that embessy

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
oh, they bombed "that" embasy.

so the cole thing wasn't as big as the "that embasy" thing?

Proactive....NOT Reactive.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

oh, they bombed "that" embasy.

so the cole thing wasn't as big as the "that embasy" thing?

Proactive....NOT Reactive.

complety diffrent subject

al qaeda are a terrorist orginasation ( US created them and are feeling the after math of it )

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
either or....
It's proactive or reactive.

Do we wait and hope nothing is going on?

Or do we confront them and do something....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

either or....

as i said its a completly diffrent subject

the only thing Iran would use it for is a diturrent

answer this

if Iran did have this deturrent would the US keep threatening to invade
every sec?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

either or....

Flex all you want. Anyone seeking war as anything but that last line of defense is foolish at this point.

World politics is not something we really need to be deeply involved in militarily.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
How could anyone be in favor of a war with Iran? The bulk of the people, especially the youger ones, are more pro-American than their leaders are; Iran, if we get off their case, will probably slide over towards, if not a liberal democracy (which would be great) to at least a fairly responsible foreign policy and a little more respect for others -- including their own women.

Iran wants to have a bigger role in Iraq -- and why not? 70 percent of the people there are Shi'a (which is what the vast majority of Persians are), and those Iraqi Shi'a have been on the coprophagous end of the stick for many years. Not only that, but Iran lost a whole lot of their folks to Saddam twenty years ago. Most of the Shi'a in Iraq, who are almost certainly going to have the majority after Jan 30, have at least some positive feelings toward Iran.

Iran has more of a valid socio-political interest in Iraq than any other country does; why shouldn't they be involved?

And Iranians with nuclear weapns? Why is anyone surprised with that? For better or worse, Iran and the Arab countries see Israel as a threat, and Israel has a hundred or so N-devices. Hey, turn-about's fair play.

I believe we ought to try more of a rapprochement with Iran.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Let's say we don't do anything then an Iranian nuclear weapon explodes over Tel Aviv. What do we do then? Or let's say Iran threatens to do that unless they are allowed to take Iraq and Saudi Arabia?

This guy is such a dumbass, this Bush/NeoCon mentality is insane. America just isn't what it was 10 years ago.

I'm AGAINST a war, if Iran does such a thing then America can go in and kick their asses because they have done an act of war. It's like smacking a child before he destroyed his sisters favourite barbie and your justification is that he was planning to do it

thanks,
drfunk

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join