It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or Against War with Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Id be against any wars , however they will follow their agenda to control the middle east and prop up the american economy, during the last iraq invasion i watched most of it on the bbc, this time ill be on the protest marches. It might do any good, but in 2002 the world witnessed the largest peace rally ever, and it passed me by. ill have my slipper ready to hit bush.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Iraq has been "freed" from the oppression of one of the worse mass murderer's in history. Those that think the war in Iraq is going badly were obviously educated in modern public schools, a place where true history is no longer taught, only PC history.by DrHoracid]

Well said Dr.!!!!

After reading some of these post's, I thought I had stumbled into an Al Jazeera website and seeing the precentages posted by Indigo prove me right....where most members seem to hate the Bush administration more than radical islam.

Iran does need to be taken down and soon. They can't be trusted with a nuclear weapon, just as someone mentioned a child can't be trusted with an M80. They will use those weapons to blackmail their neighbors and those neighbors will in turn aquire nuclear weapons....and where does it stop?

Maximu§

[edit on 23-1-2005 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Even "Islamic Extremists" are not nuts enough to start detonating nukes everywhere.

I'm sorry, but this statement is hard to wrap my mind around. Islamic extremists not nuts enough to detonate a nuke? Yeah, they are very level headed. No offense intended, but did you put any real though into this statement? I'm in no way pro-war, I am highly against our invasion of Iraq, and I'm not for another unilateral invasion of Iran, so you can remove my name from the "for" tally, I think it should be an international effort to first stop Iran from developing nukes (and not necessarily through military action), and also to aggresively convince Israel to give up theirs. But the fact that many are SO against war, they convince themselves that militant religious fanatics (of any kind) are not "nuts enough", nuts is nuts, and they are nuts.

What would be the point in it?, apart from assured destruction of them, their families and their lands.

You see, they believe it is god's will Israel be destroyed, and when they die carrying out god's will, they all go to paradise, they REALLY believe this. What's the point in it? Carrying out god's will, and if their families and land are lost in the process, then it was god's will and they will all live happily ever after in paradise. Martyrdom for everybody, and while the youth there may not feel the same, it's the religious fanatic leaders who will have their finger on the button.

Why all the paranoia about everyone wanting to see America wiped out? What is it based on and what evidence can you provide?

Just read around these threads. I don't think everyone wants to see us wiped out, but alot of people do.

Sure. there are a lot of people around the world that would love to see the US government fall on it's face in a big way but that doesn't mean it extends to the American people who are merely the pawns and cannon fodder.

But we still stand to lose quite a bit if our government fell on it's face in a big way. I would like to see a change in our government, I can't stand Bush, but to say people would "love" to see our government collapse in a big way is saying they would love to see us Americans lose everything, become a third world country, succomb to disease and starvation, and yes, pretty much be wiped out. That angers me, and I'm against Bush's agenda. Again, I am not for another US led invasion, after all, Europe is much closer to the "nuclear action", so if you guys think Iran should have nukes to "balance" things out, whatever, better hope the wind doesn't blow all the fallout west. And better hope WHEN not if, Iran attacks Israel, and Israel retaliates, the nuclear conflict doesn't expand somehow, or we're all f-cked. Are you willing to stake your childrens' futures on your claim "Islamic extremists" are not nuts enough to use nukes?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am against this war, we need to reasses our security.
We cant just keep chasing these terrorists around the world if our defense is crap.

"The good fighters of old first put
themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then
waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy."

We must do this, instead of doing what we are doing now and giveing the "terrorists" the advantage.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Iraq has been "freed" from the oppression of one of the worse mass murderer's in history. Those that think the war in Iraq is going badly were obviously educated in modern public schools, a place where true history is no longer taught, only PC history.by DrHoracid]

Well said Dr.!!!!

After reading some of these post's, I thought I had stumbled into an Al Jazeera website and seeing the precentages posted by Indigo prove me right....where most members seem to hate the Bush administration more than radical islam.

Iran does need to be taken down and soon. They can't be trusted with a nuclear weapon, just as someone mentioned a child can't be trusted with an M80. They will use those weapons to blackmail their neighbors and those neighbors will in turn aquire nuclear weapons....and where does it stop?

Maximu§

[edit on 23-1-2005 by LA_Maximus]

Your afraid of iran using its nukes to get people to do things, oh you meen like what America does constantly. Please calling Iran a child is a joke, America is one of the youngest countrys with one of the worst war records possible (world war 2 they came in at then end and we dont even need to get in to vietnam and korea) not to mention ebing the only counter to drop a nuke (thats right your the only ones to do it). Persians have fought more wars than even your bush adminstration could start and guess what, they have never attacked a country first (unlike you and this war) so if anything i trust iran with power before your christian jihad white house.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If your neighbour had a gun and didn’t like you, and was always preaching that he didn’t approve of your ways and views, even though within your family the majority were comfortable with the status quo. Would you not feel uncomfortable and maybe a little apprehensive about confronting your neighbour, even if your neighbour never mentioned the fact that they had a gun, but you both new it was there? Wouldn’t you want a gun to protect your family and yourself? But if both neighbours have guns, then at least both have a leverage point as to which to begin a peaceful settlement to there grievances. Both neighbours know that destruction of each other is pointless, but the choice is there's together.

I would have thought Americans would understand this more, seeing as they are a gun culture where quite often the views of neighbours differ. Admitingly in Americas case this often leads to shoot outs and death, but they would be the first to stand up and say they have a right to defend themselves.

I believe that just because a few bad reports are written about the way a society conducts its business, and then those reports are used as a template for what those people are like altogether, is ignorance in the heat of debate in a moment of anger people do say the most dreadful things, but they don’t always follow them up. And even if they are, then what right really do westerners have to criticize another culture, when our own western culture is rotten with crime, pollution, lies and injustice.

Israel should give up. Their attempt to take back land came to late. The Arabs don’t want an Israel and most of the world are starting to resent Israel as for so many years the Jew has been at the centre of war and violence in the name of there god. Not even the Pope thinks Israel should exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I would be against the war unless ofcourse if Iran attacked US troops in Iraq first. If it was defensive to drive them out of Iraq its different.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525

(world war 2 they came in at then end and we dont even need to get in to vietnam and korea) .

Came in at the end oh you mean when Germany and Japan was kicking everyones A$$
Try in the middle of the war not the end. And if you think Russia was going to Win it for the allies
You ever wonder why they didnt declare war on Japan until after they were nuked? The Germans were not the only country fighting on two fronts. Even if Russia did somehow win against both Germany and Japan they wouldnt be liberating anyone. Rule under Stalin
Europe would be better off if Hitler won.

And what about Korea? The North started that by invading the South.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Z Im sorry you feel that way and its true America is a young country, but we have done much to promote freedom in the world in our short time. We make mistakes, but at least we keep trying to make this world a better place....we learn and we move on.

Your hatred of us Christians comes out loud and clear, but there is no need to fear us, we're not stealing oil or launching a crusade, but only trying to make this world a safer place for your kids and mine.

Iran may not be a "child", but they better grow up and soon!!! Time is running out and our patience is at an end...remember that their first act after seizing power was to storm our embassy and take hostages.

It amazes me that you defend these folk....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Came in at the end oh you mean when Germany and Japan was kicking everyones A$$
Try in the middle of the war not the end. And if you think Russia was going to Win it for the allies
You ever wonder why they didnt declare war on Japan until after they were nuked? The Germans were not the only country fighting on two fronts. Even if Russia did somehow win against both Germany and Japan they wouldnt be liberating anyone. Rule under Stalin
Europe would be better off if Hitler won.

And what about Korea? The North started that by invading the South.

As i remember the russians kicked the germans ass and we kicked the germans asses and japaneses asses too...unless ofcourse everything british is wrong....that could happen....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
As i remember the russians kicked the germans ass

that was because the germans went in head first and froze their a$$ off before they got to the russions

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

As i remember the russians kicked the germans ass and we kicked the germans asses and japaneses asses too...unless ofcourse everything british is wrong....that could happen....

Well at first the Russians got their a$$ kicked by the Germans what really kicked the Germans butts in Russia was General Winter. The Russians didnt want anything to do with Japan because they knew they couldnt take them and the Germans from two different fronts. Japan could have came through China to attack Russia if they never had to deal with the US. also Japan had a much better Navy then Russia.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would stand behind our president if he determined we need to go to war with Iran. Not enough people stand behind our leader anymore. That makes for a weak nation.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well at first the Russians got their a$$ kicked by the Germans what really kicked the Germans butts in Russia was General Winter. The Russians didnt want anything to do with Japan because they knew they couldnt take them and the Germans from two different fronts. Japan could have came through China to attack Russia if they never had to deal with the US. also Japan had a much better Navy then Russia.

Yeah but they did come back and kick a$s didnt they?
I mean they're snipers kicked as$

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
I would stand behind our president if he determined we need to go to war with Iran. Not enough people stand behind our leader anymore. That makes for a weak nation.

You cant stand behind anything if you dont believe in it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think if they tried a draft in the USA now, there will be small rebellions from the youth and possibly a civil war. Many are smarter now I think.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I guess the goal of de-nuking the world is no more. So far I see that many here are for Iran obtaining nukes, mostly because they resent America or Israel, and think it will be great that Iran can stand up to us. Fine. I have even seen a poster call our government "Christian jihadists", even though if they truly understood this administration, they would know Bush and his cronies are no more Christian than the devil himself. They were very effectively able to manipulate the evangelical right to mobilize their sheep to make sure Bush was re-elected, that's all. They care only about money and power, until recently all the governments' of the nuclear powers were only concerned with money and power, that's why MAD was such an effective deterrent, because nobody wanted their wealth vaporized and their power to be over a nuclear wasteland. Now we will have nuclear power in the hands of a truly fundamentalist Islamic regime, who really do think they do god's bidding, not just to win votes, our worst fear in Pakistan will immediately be the reality in Iran. But to be fair, I guess it's not our place to tell anybody what they can and cannot have, for whatever reason. Nukes for everybody. It's a great idea to allow a very high increase in the odds of nuclear conflict in the world we ALL live in.

That's the problem today, people seem to think we all live on different planets, and that it would be great if Iran nuked Israel, or some terrorist obtained a nuclear device from the Iranian government and detonated it in the US. You should be aware that not only would result in the deaths of countless Americans and Israelis (which would be awesome, right?), but would also result in US and or Israeli retaliation, raising the very likely possibility of much wider, more destructive nuclear conflict. But who cares, right? As long as the US is put in it's place it will all be worth it. Right? Let's make sure will all give Bush what we're so afraid he's after, the Apocolypse. Why stop at Iran, let's make sure everybody has nukes, just to even up the playing field. That certainly would make it easier for all those governments and factions in Africa to have at each other. They won't have to send gangs of thugs to commit genocide, just fry the suckers. Sweet. The US did use nukes, and that was a horrible day for humanity, instead of making sure that never occurs again, let's make sure it happens again and on a much wider scale. Everybody is willing to sacrifice the beautiful landscapes of their countries, and turn the world into a nuclear wasteland, to give up their lives to ensure fairness for Iran, and to make sure the US is put in it's place, right? What a vision of peace, a world where everybody has nuclear weapons, what a beautiful thought. Sounds like a world John Lennon could only dream about.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yeah but they did come back and kick a$s didnt they?
I mean they're snipers kicked as$

Yeah they did lost alot of man in the process but indeed did kick butt in the end. They also had great snipers you could argue the best in the entire war they even had a Russian women sniper that had a reported 200 or 300 kills I think.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah they did lost alot of man in the process but indeed did kick butt in the end. They also had great snipers you could argue the best in the entire war they even had a Russian women sniper that had a reported 200 or 300 kills I think.

The bulk of thier army was snipers, kinda scary huh.
Imagine faceing that as an infantry man!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
27id says:

"Do you honestly see any chance for peace in the Middle East if everybody has their finger on the button? None of these countries, including Israel, would hesitate to use them."

So far, they all have hesitated to use them!

There was one time in history when only one country had nuclear weapons, and they used them.

Since then, thers haven't been any nuclear exchanges at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join