It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or Against War with Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
And Iranians with nuclear weapns? Why is anyone surprised with that? For better or worse, Iran and the Arab countries see Israel as a threat, and Israel has a hundred or so N-devices. Hey, turn-about's fair play.

Do you honestly see any chance for peace in the Middle East if everybody has their finger on the button? None of these countries, including Israel, would hesitate to use them. We know Iran's feelings towards Israel, and we know Israel would retaliate with a fury. Just look at Pakistan and India, how many times did they almost light each other up? Hell, they still may. How many nuclear powder kegs can we allow to exist? The law of averages would not be on our side. The more that exist, the greater chance of one going off. That's why Iraq was such a mistake, we should have focused on Iran and North Korea, clearly not Iraq. There's no way our government could have made a worse decision. They can't be that stupid, they knew Iraq was no threat. Now, we will probably all pay a price, how high remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Let's say we don't do anything then an Iranian nuclear weapon explodes over Tel Aviv. What do we do then? Or let's say Iran threatens to do that unless they are allowed to take Iraq and Saudi Arabia?

This guy is such a dumbass, this Bush/NeoCon mentality is insane. America just isn't what it was 10 years ago.

I'm AGAINST a war, if Iran does such a thing then America can go in and kick their asses because they have done an act of war. It's like smacking a child before he destroyed his sisters favourite barbie and your justification is that he was planning to do it

thanks,
drfunk

I suppose it is like smacking a child if you want to compare Iran to a child, but it is more like sending someone to anger management classes before he kills his boss.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
And Iranians with nuclear weapns? Why is anyone surprised with that? For better or worse, Iran and the Arab countries see Israel as a threat, and Israel has a hundred or so N-devices. Hey, turn-about's fair play.

Do you honestly see any chance for peace in the Middle East if everybody has their finger on the button? None of these countries, including Israel, would hesitate to use them. We know Iran's feelings towards Israel, and we know Israel would retaliate with a fury. Just look at Pakistan and India, how many times did they almost light each other up? Hell, they still may. How many nuclear powder kegs can we allow to exist? The law of averages would not be on our side. The more that exist, the greater chance of one going off. That's why Iraq was such a mistake, we should have focused on Iran and North Korea, clearly not Iraq. There's no way our government could have made a worse decision. They can't be that stupid, they knew Iraq was no threat. Now, we will probably all pay a price, how high remains to be seen.

I thought that isreal did have nukes?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Please note: There is no neutral.

You sound like a certain president.

"with us or against us" ring a bell?

Personally im against, as for why, ive made it clear in other threads that i dont agree with the US attempt to forcefeed the rest of the globe with its own version of democracy. Theres a fine line between democracy and dictatorship and America is crossing that line now.

Do you honestly see any chance for peace in the Middle East if everybody has their finger on the button? None of these countries, including Israel, would hesitate to use them. We know Iran's feelings towards Israel, and we know Israel would retaliate with a fury. Just look at Pakistan and India, how many times did they almost light each other up? Hell, they still may. How many nuclear powder kegs can we allow to exist? The law of averages would not be on our side. The more that exist, the greater chance of one going off.

I will point out (AGAIN) That America is THE ONLY NATION ever to drop a nuke on another!
How many powder kegs can we allow to exist? how many nukes does America have? and who is "we" to "allow" or not allow anything?

[edit on 093131p://05019 by instar]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Super Strokey
I thought that isreal did have nukes?

They do. They shouldn't. If it were up to me, they wouldn't. But I believe they would not use them unless they were first nuked, they can't afford to lose us as an ally, and they know they would. That doesn't make it right at all, but Israel is run alot like the US, those in power are greedy, super wealthy men who have a greater understanding IMO of the consequences they would face if they used nuclear weapons, especially if not first attacked. Iran is run by an extremist religious faction who sees it as god's will that Israel be destroyed. Keeping in mind that Israel is in the wrong and pressure should be applied on them to de-nuke, they are not going to use them first, no matter how fairly or unfairly they treat the Palestinians, they are not unstable or irresponsible enough to use nukes. Do you think letting Iran have nukes is a good way to resolve the situation? It's like trying to diffuse a situation between children, and one of them has a gun, do you give the other child a gun to make it fair and hope for the best? Or do you try and get the kid with the gun to put it down while preventing the other one from obtaining one? And I pre-emptively agree that the US needs to do far more to convince Israel to give up theirs.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Let Israel fight it's own wars.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If anyone here thinks that Iran having Nuclear weapons is a good idea is nuts. What purpose would they serve in the hands of Islamic Extremist? People that would like to see America whiped off the earth. I know many others in this thread would love to see America whiped out to but I hate to inform you its not going to happen! Sorry to dissapoint!

Also, Iran having nuclear weapons will not deter Israel from doing anything. Arab countries having been trying since '48 to attack Israel, only to run back with their tails between their legs. I assure you Israel is not scared of a nuclear Iran!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am against any war that sends young men and women to die for Zionism and oil.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Forgot to add, yes, Israel has nukes, more than Iran, which highlights the hypocrisy of the Bush Administration's stance on nuclear weapons. Even if Iran has the weapons Cheney says they do, it doesn't have more than North Korea, and is also less likely to use them. I wouldn't be surprised if Iran was only using the uranium for power purposes. The US energy policies have been diverting business from Iran. Up until recently, Russia had cut off much of its business with Iran, but faced with no new prospects, and China quickly expanding, Russia had signed energy deals with Iran. I've heard reports from people in Iran about blackouts and lack of electrical power. Back to the Israel subject, Israel recently purchased submarines from the US that they modified to carry nukes. Recently released prisoner Mordachi Vanunu blew the whistle on Israel's nukes 18 years ago because he worked at the Dimona reactor where they were creating bombs.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by The Astral City
I would be totally and unquestionably against war with Iran. For logistic, economic, social but most of all moral reasons I would be against a war. It would probably end up more of a mess than Iraq has been, and America does not have the military for it.

May Peace And Logic Prevail
~Astral

I completely agree with you on these points...

Iran should stop pursueing nuclear arms.

They should allow access to all military installations by US inspectors.

They should remove all mullahs that demand the "death of Israel"

They should also remove all mullahs that demand the death of america.

They should allow free elections.

I have a simple questoin for you Dr, why should they do these things?
Why do they need to do these things?
Who cares what the mullahs preach, iran has never attacked a country first it doubt they are gonna start now, Why are you complaining about the goverment in Iran, Iran is not complaining about it, infact they had a war to install this goverment so its obviouse that it does not bug them that much. so why do you care? Whys should Iran not be allowed nuclear arms, they have never attacked a country first, they have isreal pretty close by who hate them as much as any one who are packing nukes, there is also india who is not to fond of muslims either, do they not ahve the same right as america to have these weapons (they do have a better track record with using WMD's than america, actually now that i think of it, america is the only country who throws its WMD weight around besides Russia and its been U.S.A starting every thing these day's any ways)

You make your self sound like you care, you want the iranians to have free election this is what you can do, ,go start up a found to educate you iranians, let them as a country sort it out, you only make them weaker by doing it "for them"(bombing them down) so make the fund, help the iranians, take that money you go down and spend at your mcdonals every day before you go to your office and come home and sit on you internet touting off about how evil everything is but you and try to make a real diffrence. I bet that never crossed your mind did it.

Being half Iranian i know what the country is like, and you probably dont have a clue of what its like do you? In Tehran you can find many pizza shops, places with cheese burgers (yes real cheese burgers) and internet cafe's. The youth of Iran are not religous at all. You find many american made products which show the american flag. Wow i dont know about you guys, but that sounds like a hate filled country to me (please not the sarcasm).

Their mullahs are allowed to preach what ever they want (isn't that what your goverment tells people is the greatest right off all, freedom of speech). Lets face it, the mullahs dont hold that much power, no on listens to them, and the ones that do dont care enough to do a damn thing (and are no where near educated enough to build a nuke) so just leave them alone. I guarenteed you this, you leave iran alone and you can still have your big mac for lunch and american idol in the evening, they frankly dont care enough about you to waste the nuke Dr just leave em alone. Im getting sick and tired of hearing you talk about how evil they are and how they need to be bombed, stop comparing Iranians to Islamic muslims (do to the fact that they are mostly Persian Zorastrians or Persians that are not religous).

Take care of america before you take care of them, when you can stop america from having 900,000 rapes in a year, 1 million car thefts, at least 250,000 homicides a year, not to mention all the uncles and family molesting going on maybe then you will have the right to tell other countrys to live and how your religon has made your country peace ful (sorry i never heard of a molestion scandal in a mosque). So do us all a favour on the boards and stop talking about your crusade, dont know if you noticed but your a little late for the spanish inqustion.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I am against a conventional or non conventional attack on Iran, but I am in favor of a (cold) war.

(after a good point made by intelearthling in the post below this one I decided to edit my post and nuance my standpoint, thank you intelearthling).

The only way that a war would come to pass is when the mullahs decide to launch a Nuke against the west (they can reach Paris with the rockets they now posses) or Israel and even (with some exceptions offcourse, mainly religously motivated windowlickers who have been isolated from any position of real power within Iran) the mullahs are not that stupid.

What will happen once (or now that) Iran declares itself (is) a nuclear "power" is that far from striking fear into the heart of and cowering the infidel, they will find that we will enter a period of "M(utualy)" A(sured) D(estruction) and that asuring the mutual part of that is gonna coast way more than their society can ever hope to generate in revenue.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by chinditz]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The current tally as it stands is:

AGAINST:21
FOR: 5

Make the FOR, 6.

We can win this war without firing a shot or dropping any bombs. Like it was mentioned, the younger Iranians are pro-Americans and I believe that the younger crowd may seek peace with Israel!

Plus, everyone who is against, was for Kerry to win the presidency.

In case you haven't heard, HE DIDN'T!

[edit on 23/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Sorry, something went horribly wrong here.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Against

If the young Iranians want to be free then it is their duty to start a revolution. Not the American's or any other western Nation. And we all know how Bush "freed" the Iraqis don't we. We've got enough trouble as it is, we don't need to drag the world deeper into war.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Veltro]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Veltro
Against

If the young Iranians want to be free then it is their duty to start a revolution. Not the American's or any other western Nation. And we all know how Bush "freed" the Iraqis don't we. We've got enough trouble as it is, we don't need to drag the world deeper into war.

Iraq has been "freed" from the oppression of one of the worse mass murderer's in history. Those that think the war in Iraq is going badly were obviously educated in modern public schools, a place where true history is no longer taught, only PC history.

After the US's own revolutionary war it took 13 years to come up with the constitution. There was much striff and turnoil. Indian raids killed hundreds if not thousands in these years. Then there was that whole war of 1812 thingy where british troops burned the whitehouse.

It would appear that the insanity that causes liberalism also removes "patience" along with common sense. Sad this disease called Liberalisim many of you are so far gone you don't even know your sick.....

You are so full of hate and intolerance of differing opinions and views that point fingers at others and scream "hate and intolerance".

Iran must not be allowed to develope Nukes to go along with their already advanced missile program. What ever it takes now, not after they can hold the world hostage.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Against. I agree Iran appears peaceful enough and i think its time the middle east had a contender against Israel it might balance things out a bit.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
I completely agree with you on these points...

Iran should stop pursueing nuclear arms.

They should allow access to all military installations by US inspectors.

They should remove all mullahs that demand the "death of Israel"

They should also remove all mullahs that demand the death of america.

They should allow free elections.

On the other hand, will Israel:

stop pursueing nuclear arms or remove them?

allow access to all military installations by US inspectors?

remove all political extremes that demand "death to the Arabs"?

Why should Iran? Just because we "owe" Israel something?
I would demand some common sense and cooperation from both countries and this will just happen if international pressure is put on both!

[edit on 23-1-2005 by shoo]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcane
If anyone here thinks that Iran having Nuclear weapons is a good idea is nuts. What purpose would they serve in the hands of Islamic Extremist? People that would like to see America whiped off the earth. I know many others in this thread would love to see America whiped out to but I hate to inform you its not going to happen! Sorry to dissapoint!

Also, Iran having nuclear weapons will not deter Israel from doing anything. Arab countries having been trying since '48 to attack Israel, only to run back with their tails between their legs. I assure you Israel is not scared of a nuclear Iran!

See, it's that kind of baseless paranoia that leads to all this nonsense.
Even "Islamic Extremists" are not nuts enough to start detonating nukes everywhere. What would be the point in it?, apart from assured destruction of them, their families and their lands.
Why all the paranoia about everyone wanting to see America wiped out? What is it based on and what evidence can you provide? Sure. there are a lot of people around the world that would love to see the US government fall on it's face in a big way but that doesn't mean it extends to the American people who are merely the pawns and cannon fodder.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Does anyone think that the nuclear issue is really what this is all about anyway? The powers that be are searching for a reason to invade, and to make the people support the invasion. This is the same line we heard about WMD in Iraq before we invaded them. There is a greater reason here, though I don't know what, Oil? NWO type stuff to spread Bushes brand of freedom? I dont know but I don't want to see any American or allied troops dying in another quagmire. Sorry, but the notion of bush being a noble liberator of the people is laughable.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The current tally as it stands is:

AGAINST: 32(81%)
FOR: 7(18%)

I am glad that so many people are against the motion and I hope we remain against it.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join