It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For or Against War with Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It appears that a third war with Iran is about to break out. When and if it does break out, will you be FOR or AGAINST it and please explain why. Please note: There is no neutral.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

[edit on 23-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i will be against it ( hell of alot of good that will do )

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would be against it, but I'm not a registered US voter, so my opinion is irrelevant. I don't think more instability in the middle east is a good thing, for anyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well I am against one if it should occur. I know the media is hyping it and appears to me to be that kid you always hated in school that would do everything in his power to get two people to fight. I dislike the media sometimes. Anyway, I will say I was for the war in Iraq originally, but now I am not since there were no WMDs found (I think they would have had more support if they just used the argument that Iraq just kept disobeying international mandates and it was time for action). I do not like being lied to and even if his advisors said that there was WMDs there, I would hold each one of them accountable if it were untrue (doubt that would ever happen though in our great government).

Sorry for my rambling. I have nothing against Iran, I do not see them as a threat to my way of life, and if there is anything to fear it is those with money and power. As they say power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I will be vehemently against it. Iran is a relatively peaceful country and rapidly modernizing and has done nothing to me. Any attack on this sovereign nation is criminal and I will not be supporting criminals.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Against. Staunchly against.

The american government has not only misrepresented itself with regards to its motivations overseas but has neglected its own populace. The stream of protesters at the inaugural should have been an eye-opener. I am personally tired of the bad pr america has insisted on conducting and do not personally approve of my government. This is not a democracy; it's a subtle fascist state. How many times has the government smiled, nodded, then went ahead and did what ever the hell it wanted with regards to anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
100% against it for all moral and economic reasons. No matter what any proponent of war says killing other humans is wrong. The cycle of violence concerning revenge over previous deaths simply spirals into further violence. These wars are already based upon the most obvious of lies and yet they still continue so I fear this one will be happening as well.

Iran may well be the last war man starts. Life on earth could all end in a nuclear fire from mutually assured destruction policies depending on how heated the world situation gets.

The only things these wars serve is the rich old men who start them and the poor suffer as a result. It all needs to stop, but at this point, global dominance by old money families and rich corporations will ensure that the fighting will never stop.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I would be totally and unquestionably against war with Iran. For logistic, economic, social but most of all moral reasons I would be against a war. It would probably end up more of a mess than Iraq has been, and America does not have the military for it.

May Peace And Logic Prevail
~Astral

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
It appears that a third war with Iran is about to break out. When and if it does break out, will you be FOR or AGAINST it and please explain why. Please note: There is no neutral.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

Stop with the saber rattling k.

I note you do not want to see any neutrals either. Well I am and will be neutral.

Last week the media said we were going to attack Syria, two months ago it was Korea now you claim it will be Iran. How can you be so sure of that? Do you have a crystal ball or something?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
At this point, totaly against it.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Astral City
I would be totally and unquestionably against war with Iran. For logistic, economic, social but most of all moral reasons I would be against a war. It would probably end up more of a mess than Iraq has been, and America does not have the military for it.

~Astral

I completely agree with you on these points...

Iran should stop pursueing nuclear arms.

They should allow access to all military installations by US inspectors.

They should remove all mullahs that demand the "death of Israel"

They should also remove all mullahs that demand the death of america.

They should allow free elections.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sure why not, what's another 150 billion dollars to go for? Surely not helping the American people! The Government would rather murder people and bankrupt our country.

Total National Debt is over 7 TRILLION dollars folks. I think it was 3 Trillion in 2003 and it keeps on increasing congress said it will allow it to go up to 8.18 Trillion. End the madness!

[edit on 22-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If Iran doesn't follow through with it's agreements with the EU to stop nuclear weapons development, then I will be for airstikes on military and government targets, but not an invasion by U.S. ground forces at this point. Unlike Iraq, Iran has a fairly large organized resistance movement against its government, so a few well placed bombs against the regime there could topple it and allow the citizens to remove the government without the need for our troops to ever enter the country.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
did i miss some think or what im watching big bro at the mo has any think happend ? how come all this Iran threads

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfYahweh
Sure why not, what's another 150 billion dollars to go for? Surely not helping the American people! The Government would rather murder people and bankrupt our country.

Total National Debt is over 7 TRILLION dollars folks. I think it was 3 Trillion in 2003 and it keeps on increasing congress said it will allow it to go up to 8.18 Trillion. End the madness!

[edit on 22-1-2005 by ProphetOfYahweh]

Money is god, eh? Money is important but i think that delivering freedom to those who don't have it is more important. I will be of age when and if a draft will be used to supply troops to Iran....but i am willing to go to offer millions of people freedom.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by leejones
did i miss some think or what im watching big bro at the mo has any think happend ? how come all this Iran threads

You did not miss any thing.

The treads are caused by those that want to spread hatred, which is nothing new in cyber space.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by The Astral City

~Astral

I completely agree with you on these points...

Iran should stop pursueing nuclear arms.

They should allow access to all military installations by US inspectors.

They should remove all mullahs that demand the "death of Israel"

They should also remove all mullahs that demand the death of america.

They should allow free elections.

Give women better rights. AFAIK Iran is one of the worst countries on this point.

I agree on all points, but im not sure a war against Iran would solve these issues very much. And the post-war effects would probably be much worse... --> Iraq.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by leejones

You did not miss any thing.

The treads are caused by those that want to spread hatred, which is nothing new in cyber space.

thew

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Unless provoked aggressively by Iran (i.e. massive surprise attack like 9/11 or Pearl Harbor) totally and completely against such a war. Besides being morally wrong and geopolitically stupid, such a war (even just airstrikes against key targets) would stretch our war-fighting capabilities well past its limit. Even without nukes, Iran is perfectly capable of fending off American agression. With well-established links to militias in Iraq and Afghanistan, terrorists throughout the world, and their own extremely capable intelligence service in the Pasdaran, they could wreak havoc throughout the world in the event of an open war with either America or Israel.

Iran's ballistic missiles are well within range of key Saudi oil infrastructure. Damage to cet infrastructure would act as a chokepoint for the lifeblood of global economies, oil, sending prices skyrocketing.

Whatever good will we had with Iraqi Shi'ites, especially Sistani and his followers, would be wasted in the event of an American attack on Iran, leading to perhaps full-blown and open Shi'ite insurgency in addition to the festering Sunni guerilla war.

With the 350,000 man Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (or Pasdaran) in addition to the regular army, the Iranians could run an unprecedented protracted guerilla war on their own soil.

And on top of all of this, if we spend tens of thousands of lives and hundreds of billions of dollars dismantling regimes in Iran and Iraq, we will have done next to nothing to combat the biggest threat to our national security, the loose global networks of Sunni Jihadists responsible for 9/11 and countless other terrorist attacks. In fact, in invading and destabilizing the entire region from Iraq to Afghanistan, we will have put the very area Osama Bin Laden wishes to make up the new Pan-Islamic Caliphate state UP FOR GRABS, in fact helping him attain his goals.

Believe me folks, there were reasons (besides funding Contra terrorists) why Reagan, North, Poindexter & Co. would sooner appease Iranian terrorists (the same who killed hundreds of North's fellow Marines in Beirut) with tons and tons of sophisticated missiles than threaten them with force. War with Iran is a worst case scenario.

And for those of you who think that those resistance movements in Iran will suddenly rise up against the Mullahs and help us if we drop a few bombs on Teheran, must not have been paying attention in history class. For starters, anytime your military strategy depends on using force to inspire locals to fight for your side, it is doomed to failure (see Bay of Pigs, Tet Offensive, PNAC's Iraq strategy.) Secondly, those pro-democracy movements in Iran aren't likely to forget that it was the United States that removed Montassadeq and replaced him with the Shah, who they hated more than they hated Khomeini. During the Iranian Revolution those calling for democracy in Iran fought alongside Khomeini to topple the Shah. Iranians are fiercely nationalistic, any American strike on Iran would more than likely rally the country around the Mullahs.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Bauer 51]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I am against, taking in consideration of the results of the "invasion" and "liberation" of Iraq, that should be a clue of things to come.

Also just for anybody here that are not American I tell you that you have the same rights to express your opinions just like us.

Why? because anybody that lives in the area including Europe will be more directly affected by it than we.

So as with Iraq that nothing but insurgency has come out of the liberation the same will be with Iran but two times more because they have more population.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join