It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom De Longe with answers about UFOs, Life, the Universe and Everything...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is TDL's project, not a Q&A about ET theories.

Let's get back on track please...
edit on 10-21-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, back on topic, I found this tweet to be interesting:

So, "damagecontrol". I guessed we sort of figured that one out already :-)

Tweet

A lot of commentary as well with, unsurprisingly, quite a few references to the whole Podesta E-mail thing.

BT

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Well, good. Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update...

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Had he been in a 80s Hair-band, he could have used that as an awesome album name #DamageControl

Thanks for the update.
edit on 21-10-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Better than that 80s song "Living in a Box" from the album "Living in a Box" by the band "Living in a Box"

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Which is why the term "think outside the box" came to be

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Another message from Tom

www.instagram.com...

" tomdelongeI am still here. Wikileaks really messed some important stuff up. What seems like ridiculous subject matter to most, is of massive importance to admirable National Security Leadership. It's easy to poke fun about the topic from an armchair, but unless you're invited to the meetings I have been a part of, then...no more laughing. Big things are coming. Project is still on, believe it or not, things just got bigger. #SekretMachines"

edit on 22-10-2016 by TheMadScientist2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadScientist2

Thanks for the post MadScientist.

What seems like ridiculous subject matter to most, is of massive importance to admirable National Security Leadership.

Because as we know , the National Security Leadership has always been straight with the people.

Big things are coming.

As always.

I'd rather Tom let slip at least one Big Thing rather than constantly trailing the line , perhaps he could start with the sneak peek at the documentary he promised months ago or perhaps something other than the nothing he has released so far.

#Still Waiting.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You know, after seeing how some of these guys handle security I must admit that believing they have successfully held anything secret for more than 70 years, is getting increasingly difficult to believe.

I guess that a little can be attributed to them being clumsy with the technology, but still...

When you keep the password to your twitter account in your google mailbox, and even after you know it's been leaked you don't change it, well then you have absolutely no idea about security. Yes, Mr Podesta, this means you.

And then this supposedly all powerful security apparatus that we so frequently claim "keeps everything under wraps", they don't step in and tell people to do even basic damage control - like changing their passwords?

Some trol-lol from 4chan/pol have to take over the account and post "Vote Trump" before anything happens?

Yet we are to believe that even an inkling of a smidgeon of a leak on this subject have now for 70 years been ruthlessly and consistently contained?

Either the whole bunch are as hoplessly inept as it would appear when it comes to keeping secrets, or this whole leak/podesta/mail thing was carefully orchestrated by the very same security apparatus, for reasons we can only guess at.
If the latter is true, then we must take into consideration that all the mails we're ment to come out.

I have said before that I find this latter scenario unlikely since this is in the middle of an election, and it is doing the Podesta side a world of harm, but maybe the people that allowed this to come out don't really care if any numbers of politicians get fried in the process. This, again, leads to some interesting conclusions that one might begin to draw.

It seems obvious, to me at least, that the one person who's project really gained credibility in the wake of this massive security trainwreck is the project of TDL.

Tinfoil hats on, hunker down.

BT
edit on 22-10-2016 by beetee because: Hard to type when the tinfoil hat keeps slipping into my eyes. It's hot too...

edit on 22-10-2016 by beetee because: Yeah, that..

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

It seems obvious, to me at least, that the one person who's project really gained credibility in the wake of this massive security trainwreck is the project of TDL.

I am not sure the 'project' has gained 'credibility' but it has certainly gained publicity. As you say ,70 years and there is nothing tangible. Even the Wikileaks emails, if revealing something, are still vague in nature. We know there's a project and a few people in the world of entertainment, politics and military intelligence have been consulted on it.
And that's all folks.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I am not sure the 'project' has gained 'credibility

I guess what I ment by that is that there now seems little doubt that TDL is talking to such people as he claimed he was talking to. He is, in other words, not making it all up himself as he goes along.

I agree with you, however, that this does not mean what they are sharing with him is true.

On the upside, we now at least know a little about who might be the ones who are "making things up" if this thing turns out to be just more flim-flam.

I must say that I intensely dislike this "fiction based on truth" approach because it allows for all sort of misdirection and sheenanigans. I really resent the 70% lies 30% truth, or even 50/50 game.

I mean it's like the kind familiy doctor placing a heap of pills in a bag and saying "30% of these will help you and the rest will do nothing - take your pick".

We're obviously not dealing with any "kind family doctor" types here. Some other doctors of infamy might fit the allegory better.

Sigh, I guess I am just getting tired of the whole circus in my old age. Seems like there are altogether too few elephants and too many clowns.

I'm keeping my tinfoil hat within reach, none the less, but it's getting a bit crumpled.

Oh look, I sat on it again..

BT

(This post can be moved into the rant forum if the mods feel it goes too far because I just now realise what a massive wall 'o text outpooring it has become and I can't summin the strength to revise it)

edit on 22-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Things may very well have been leaked but WHICH story is "the truth?"

How can we know when a ridicule operation was in place and disinformation spread to obfuscate "truth telling?"

Not to mention the folks that made up stuff for their own gain - how can we know if someone dropped a "real" piece of the puzzle?

Another thing: we are looking at information that goes back way before computers, let alone Wikileaks. Compartmentalization of both data and project information was used very effectively in the past to develop top-secret technology, such as the atom bomb, with only a very small group knowing the ultimate objective. That alone could keep something hidden, even in the era of hackers and leaks.

As to TD's credibility, no one here can deny that he was emailing John Podesta with details of his project that confirm he has been speaking to high level people. We still don't know if what they are telling him is true or not, but we do know he's not just blowing smoke out his...um...ears regarding WHAT he is doing and WHO is involved. He isn't lying about being connected to at least one General who should be in the know, and John Posesta, etc. Are they all playing him for a fool? That is the part we don't know.

Honestly, I think it threatens some folks to hear they will be given "the truth" as the truth may not fit their own research entirely. The UFO "community" has a lot of people in it who have spread their own ideas as being "the truth" and there will be an internal "debunking" of what TD presents NO MATTER WHAT IT IS NOR WHAT EVIDENCE HE PROVIDES.

Think about it. How many people currently making their living or reputation on presenting their insider information will willingly say they were wrong? Even if there is no money involved, there is a ton of ego in some researchers and they are already trashing each other and circling the wagons of their own "believers."

I think, in other words, one of the greater impediments to hearing the real truth, whatever it is, whomever is giving it, is the morass of conflicting information that is already championed.

If Tom D brings The Truth, the Ufologists may be the last ones to admit it, though in fairness, they will also be some of the best able to take what is presented and see whether the dots really do connect.

Sigh. It's gonna be "interesting times" on the boards very soon, my friends!!

edit on 22-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: Fairness

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I think we are mostly in agreement, not least with regards to how long a post should be :-D

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a circling of wagons all over the world, if the Elephants of Truth are brought forth by our dear TDL and the PTB (let there at least be no shortage of acronyms).

Maybe the ones running the circus even realise this and thats why we will not be getting any.

I, for one, would at least appeciate a lull in the clownery and applaud anything that could give us a break from the pies and the whitewash..

But I would love to see the elephants before the show is over.

BT

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Epic double post of awesome weirdness.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

How can we know when a ridicule operation was in place and disinformation spread to obfuscate "truth telling?"

The problem is the people Tom is talking to are the people with a history of disinformation and obfuscation , we don't trust the government and alphabet agencies unless they're saying what we want to hear.

Sigh. It's gonna be "interesting times" on the boards very soon, my friends!!

Hope so because the wait is killing me , I have no expectation that Tom will deliver anything meaningful but will be more than happy if he does.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh, I know there are a lot of people here, your fine self included, that are excited to parse through anything that might further our understanding and knowledge!! I was perhaps being harsh (sorry if it came off that way), but I can easily see the "Big Names" in ufology defending their turf, along with all those who are somehow invested in their own ideas. Many of those "big names" have been soundly trounced already on the boards, so they won't matter as much here.

I'm not trying to trash anyone, just the general tussle we have all the time isn't going to stop no matter what someone brings to the table. It will come down to whether the theory holds together with actual evidence, and wether that evidence can be agreed upon. I didn't mean to imply that we wouldn't be able to accept truth if we can determine it, just that determining it will be a challenge, no less so because of all the various "camps" that already exist. No disparagement intended!!!

I'm excited to see what he has to say and I also really wish he'd just get on with it already! I'm assuming that isn't all in his control, though.

I agree that it is all going to have to be backed up with evidence for anyone to be able to buy into his theory/story. Just having high-level contacts and access does not the truth make!

peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

.......I can easily see the "Big Names" in ufology defending their turf, along with all those who are somehow invested in their own ideas. Many of those "big names" have been soundly trounced already on the boards, so they won't matter as much here.

I think we know who many of them are.

These people are just as bad as the MIC in poisoning the information streams that filter into ufology. Unfortunately they hog the limelight because they offer answers in a field where there really aren't many. So they have no sympathy from me if they are proved wrong. If I am proved wrong and TDL finally introduces something verifiable then I will happily concede that my original assertions were wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
gee i love it when people say they 'know #' and they have no problem telling you they know way more than you,, but of course they wont ever say this 'knowledge'

listening to some sellout artist,, yeah thats the day lmao

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In relation to my previous post, regarding if this could indeed be some kind of "controlled" leak or not, I happened upon this little tidbit from a blog post by Craig Murray.

If you are not faimilar with him, you can read some more on the wikipedia article linked above. Suffice it for our purposes to say that he has become very much a champion of whistleblowers and a critic of the way many are hounded by various governments. You can read more on his blog.

What caught my eye was a blog entry he had made about the recent e-mail hack where our subject TDL has made an appearance, and with regards to who might be behind it.

Clumsily added highlight by yours truly. You can read the whole blog post on his blog if you so wish.

What is pertinent to our little discussion is that his view, after talking to some pretty experienced people in this sort of thing, is that this was leaked by forces within the Intelligence Community.

A little nugget of information we can add to our total picture.

BT

edit on 22-10-2016 by beetee because: I a typo made

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

You're so in my ballpark. I wrote something years ago that was published in UFO Magazine that said basically exactly what you're saying now. Thanks for the memories.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join