It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might be a zen master if...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

The brain generates the construct of a mind in the dream state. Just as it also generates the construct of a mind in the wakened state. Mind is an illusory construct created by the brain. Both providing the illusion of an autonomous self or separate experiencer.

Thought, feeling, emotion, the senses... all are epiphenomena caused by the workings of the molecules we call the brain. This generates the illusion of a self separate from the emergent activities of that brain. These concepts: atoms, molecules, "epiphenomena," the physical brain, result from the actions of the "mind": observation, thought, analysis.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

So removing distraction leads to inner peace?

Right here folks

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Well, yes sorta.. There is a risk you might jump from a bridge..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang

Well, yes sorta.. There is a risk you might jump from a bridge..

The Ma`at bridge right!?

Wahoo!

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

No, it means literally you might jump from a bridge.. Humans are fragile..

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eonnn

I would like to give some more advice to you; take a vow of silence and just listen and observe but do not become subjected to what you hear, do not react to it many take such a voice as their own consciousness; but in a form of awakening they separate from ego detachment as the me, myself, and I of ego. It is similar to being in body but having an out of body experience.

The ear is at the sound before the sound is at the ear; it is a resonance the mind has attached or attuned too not ones own so untangle the mental vibration that the mind has decided to attach too.

I hear other people's thoughts as I have also taken a vow of silence this vow is around a year old I only speak when it is polite to do so; such as some transaction.

After a while those thoughts will cease; from contemplation which many take as conscious thought, to the out of body wave length like remembering a song and hearing it in ones mind, eventually as one detaches from that sphere of consciousness it will just buzz like a hive or a fan pushing and pulsing air.

Attachment is optional and so is detachment.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Each moment a bubble pops and the entire complex changes and each time another bubble attaches in support of all that conditioned to arise in the very nature itself being and not being... when all attachment ended in the historical buddha all that was left in the mental bubbles was the natural one itself the earth touching gesture although; he never had to touch the earth as there was contact or one of the chains of causation always a apart but never separate.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Except when walking beside them on a beach

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Brahma should assume a different form for such close encounters.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join