It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might be a zen master if...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: sargonIII

In that case what is the intent in navigation to follow a spirit then in which form will it end up? As above and so below knows no middle with a top and a bottom remove the lid it becomes a container... remove the bottom and it drops out flip it over and there no difference drink the water your body needs no different than the earth that needs it so which is the waste? We are a filter to the water and so is the earth on top of it or in it makes no difference expect in how you walk and that is the intent one choices but the clouds in the sky... do they fall and fill the cup then drink do they fall and fill the earth how could they not.

We are never separate the mechanism only appears in that seeing as so

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Impermanence full circle becoming life or death that knows no divide this is the true nature of reality beyond all appearances.

Old man one second baby the next the arrow of time has poisoned both.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

i see. i understand myself as a part of nature. i want to expand my conscious beyond my body

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sargonIII

You did by sharing this thought... becoming a ghost isn't worth the journey when life happens during present awareness that is often filled with such specters of unawareness as it is.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I want to see a "spirit animal" starve and still act freely, just knowing why you feel guilt and shame is not the same as understanding why. Your brain is built for 4,5 billion years of universal evolution, when those needs are taken care off for the last 6000 years(ish) due to neolithic societies, we need to understand the little voice in our mind called reasoning..

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

No, schizophrenia is not satori. Zen masters are spontaneous, which gives them a reputation for unpredictability, but they see and hear only what is there. The goal of zazen is to rid one's self of delusions; nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Haha you're speaking to one... the many deaths of bigbrotherdarkness. I went without food and sleep for two weeks and ended up at 20 years of age taking a parents service rifle loading it with hollow point nitroglycerin tips loaded the chamber placed it in my mouth and pulled the trigger. No bang just an eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee flopping on the floor like a seizure or a snake with it's head cut off. Woke up some indeterminate time later bullet was on the floor ejected with no shell but completely in tact put it all back away... went to the the bathroom shaved all hair from my body like a monk and put on white clothing then walked around for a good while visiting all people I had wronged by shinning that mirror of suffering that had landed on my face until the unbashed honesty freaked other peoples inner secrets out so much the police were called when so many "demons" were popping out of closets of the past and out from under peoples beds.

Well, hello the start of a very long and arduous lesson in coping in a world of Samsara or idealistic suffering with no seeming beginning or end... so was the bullet a spirit or was I? Seemed like I walked around for decades dying a few more times until my conscious awareness became one complete string of pure objectivity all life is really the same animals are just typically more at peace mentally than any other life form... rediscovering that in a very desirable form the much difficult and rare human form? All disembodied energies want to do one of two things: Inhabit it or control it.

So perhaps there is a third option the bullet was neither a ghost nor myself in either extreme and left a foot in both worlds... and well the middle? With an infinite beginning and infinite end? There is no coming and going as one is always arriving in the moment in which it is occurring.

Objectivity in this as relative experience? Well what could one be subject too? Life is life no matter the form the thought behind it can give rise to many things but that which matters is what is always the same witness the buddha touched the ground and it trembled both being witness too each other.

So consenting concepts bring consenting reality no consent then what reality? All simply becomes relative to the all perceiving eye.

So whats the mystery? None what is there to experience everything... but when is everything not ever occurring? and when is everything not ever passing? In the void and only in the void of unawareness or ignorance of such things.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Cool thread! I like zen. I find that the term is almost completely misused in western culture.

Everynow and then i still enjoy going to the park to practice Damo's Lohan ji bin gong Shi Ba shi

Although my favorite zen practice was Da Hong Chuan. Alas not in that kinda shape nomore.
edit on 23-9-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There's a good book called Bodhisattva warriors... and yes zen is action, and why it is first uncovered in a single action of holding a koan and also why it got along with Taoist teaching so well mindfulness was already a part of it and the magic of Zen? Well why did Bodhidharma come to the West? He had already been to the East :p

Of course Tai Chi is like a poetry in motion as with many of the other martial arts including your practice in the park. The animal forms embody or imitate the grace of nature itself of that animal in it's form well coming from animist traditions that's how we once fought tooth and nail and eventually we softened of course embodying these forms the grace comes not with speed as it should be very slow to the rhythm until the poem is forgotten... of course the more of the story you know the better defense you'll have when it comes to kung-fu but that softness is of course key once rooted.

One moves like a gentle wind no different than a gentle wind with as much force as a tsunami on a simple contact and like wind the movement may never even be perceived but the rhythm of life carries on it in a wave in a singularity or en-mass and that's why it is a life force. Beware the winds of change within and like a supple reed it can bear any storm but like a rigid mountain it can form Tibet

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Of course, those persons that are Zen master but unaware of it, get called schizophrenics... I never heard any voices in my life unless it was a TV, Radio, or someone talking. Of course with many people this is optional even when aware of such things to tune them out.

So true, I'm a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and have experienced this stuff first hand. In one of my experiences I started to hear voices but it was something I made happen myself and there was a point where I could either let the voices continue or turn them off completely. They were helpful voices, if you've ever watched the movie Underworld well I had the head vampire and the main chick and lycan guy from the movie talking to me like helpful wise aides (the voices sounded exactly like them). It was kinda cool but I knew if I let it continue I might regret it later and would become harder to switch it off.

I was truly amazed by the power we have inside our heads, if you've ever had a dream where you can hear music playing your brain is actually creating it. It has the power to re-create music and anything you've experienced along with new things you haven't experienced but we just don't have full access or control over it. During psychosis you get more access to these deeper parts of your mind. This is just one of the things I experienced there are so many other things that just defy all belief.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eonnn
I was truly amazed by the power we have inside our heads, if you've ever had a dream where you can hear music playing your brain is actually creating it. It has the power to re-create music and anything you've experienced along with new things you haven't experienced but we just don't have full access or control over it.

How is this that is happening now any different from a dream?
You are not creating what is happening - you cannot control anything - you are merely witnessing the play.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Eonnn

Sure the sleeping buddha within that has yet to be depleted as a Brahman... see first the mind is clear and then we see these controllers called parents that can handle us in all sorts of nasty experimental ways... but thats the dream within a dream... we start getting their feces and every other feces thrown on us til what? We are so buried under their sh!t having been born awake of course what is going to occur keep piling on and piling it on until you sprout and well then what happens after you have sprouted in that first time awakening well hey hey hey your not awakening you're blah blah blah and here's your chemical straight jacket if you don;t want to end up in one from all of that control and seeing just how unfree that box called a tomb within the earth is... it is unawareness of death no biggie and that sound is hell and liberation and freedom and oops back into the cage by these jackasses thinking they are higher or lower than you that they make all ignorant peons worships as gods...

Is it gods? No it is these sh!theads that have learned to abuse natural powers of course it is like dun dun dun dun ta dun dun ta dun and this airy fairy sh!t sound for light and dark so then my friend you too can be bought out sold chopped up and delivered for slave boat number two... weee aint that fun all alone but now your coffin is filled with all the sh!t you did and well you wanna keep it dontcha? so dance monkey dance and you're back in the squares... HollyWood or Holywood if you don;t want to wax the bishop people will be glad to polish is and gee aint that a pickle?

Delusions of grandeur get no treatment they are the 1% but they are not delusions or illusions to them oh my goodness no... that is their control field to keep control and rape rape rape pillage pillage pillage and do what they tell you or else we got this footage and well it's like a contract of black male...

Well personal responsibility says hey? Guess what it does not matter in any way shape or form in the slightest as you are still living in a damned dream yourself pop and well then guess what happens? They have no control and it bugs the living sh!t out of them sure life is precious to them because they know beyond the veil and the self righteous pale it is the infinite nature of being.

But hey if all the sh!t they load up on you does not kill you by eh hem suicide then guess what when they kill you it's rags to riches but hey yeah materialism can really hide that infinite spirit nature really good... and if you don't want to be found out time to be a conspirator

And thats the biggest conspiracy of all once all of those conceptual bubbles pop and the entire world explodes what can they do? Infinite worlds thats why space has a vacuum to suck it all up and spit it all back out to mine it more efficentlly in the great cosmic furnace so black hole? Haha big bang? Thats what your daddy said while humping your mom while she was preggers.

Yeah concepts real or unreal that is what is it is at all times live another make believe and you end up on their reality not yours consent? Haha yeah yeah right... thats hey big fella lay down and let us now strip mine this new world while you lay dead in the ground deluded rinse repeat

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
But in dreams you do create what is happening? especially with lucid dreams. Psychosis is like being lucid in the dream.

Besides, that wasn't what I was getting at in my post. I was just trying to explain that your mind/brain is capable of so much more. Dreams are a perfect example of this.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eonnn
I was just trying to explain that your mind/brain is capable of so much more. Dreams are a perfect example of this.

There maybe an idea that brains produces dreams but what if people and brains appear within the dream? As well as the idea that there is someone who dreams?

But in dreams you do create what is happening?

The dream is that there is someone dreaming - when really there is just dreaming.
edit on 24-9-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The condition of someones Zen..is for all the world to see..you can spot it in their actions and their strife..to attain politics..and have choices that are aware for the most of the republic..in part of the Zen Key on..or Koan..which is an attainment of a state of Peace..so that only a Complete sense of peace..can therefore be a Solved Koan..so that if you are feeling anxious or timured..or Timbred the quality of the descent is always relating to a specific Koan..and that is the Firm Grasp of a Grandmaster..in Philosophy and Strength..so that Martial Arts is trained..is a good way to deal with stress..in and out of the battle field of life..and some call Love a battlefield..but they are sorely mistaken for it is most that is desirous to lay down our arms and make love..this is the key to freemasonry..which is heavenly exact..in and of itself..like cutting the egg in half..and having no one bothered by it..and this is the key to brotherhood..to pick up your staff and sit online and watch for trouble makers..or pick up your sword..and assert whats logical and fair and sound..in melody do we understand harmony..which is of the wave circumference of the time itself..which can go around all the 360 degrees..and in and of itself..it is a 180 turn for the better..or the worse..which in time can be spelled as words..and that is Spelt(Set)..in totally Nutaic faction, and function of Newton..indeed can some of his lines be Koans..and so paradoxes are mathematically consistent..Indeed are all courses good given b(Miracle)y Hand..and it is by that standard that the day can change via the Boolean logic of truth..which can seperate things in terms of 1,s and 0,s which are in and o themselves equivalent..because when we say nothing..we can not help but interpret the words in a way..and that is what one is..the way..and thats the way itself..in and of a nutshell..or the karmic seed of Mustard that Jesus taught about..and so are all these concepts the rule of the Iota of the Prophets.. This is spoken in the Bible..:

Matthew 5:18 For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.

and Such and such..thus we notice the little nuances of everything..it will basically be broken down like this:

Truth is the ever beacon of light and truth..in hope and good generosity..we can go forward knowing that our way is the truth..and is equal to the great way of everything..even a small mustard seed can be planted and grow up like a perfect tree..and it is in this that we say..everything is judged imidately by its truthiness , or truthfullness..and it is always vs falsehood..so the iota here is of course truth..thus we have the Great world of talent..and hidden creation in and of itself..it is indeed the thing inside itself..and the philosophers stone is the attempt to come in line with this Great prophecy..which says the one day salvation will happen..and be true..and we will never suffer again..but it is said in the |Bible in the next verse:

19 Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So you are told to never relax into false hood..and keep steady with the truth..
ultimately it says that if you do the best you can..than you can indeed one day achieve perfection and salvation..

This includes any rite that has ever happened on Earth or in the universe..you still have choice..but what your choice is, must be complete..and this is the necessary religion that Crowley must have wanted to have found..such that we know the way..therefore we are not lost..and we can continue in salvation to be the Eyes of the quest or living God himself..which is a her sometimes as well.and that is the great degree of the compass..or the Freemasons which mentions G..or the holified world as the perfect set of proportions...and from there we have the final degree..which is 33..or otherwise the most honest way to chip a stone..which should not tear the fabric of space time..but at once must unite with it! And so you will be Great in Heaven..in anything you do..and that allays fear of those who are mistrusted or learning.either way God forgives you..and you will be a Great Beast one day..in honest Sojourn..and social networking frame of mind..can someone cure me...Have I gone blind?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Boundless1

The Buddha gave a woman with a dead baby a mustard seed now what do you thing she did with the mustard seed did she dye robes any color or toss it into the ground and mustard sprang to life anew? Perhaps she jack and the bean stalked it only to see her son ground like so many with a beef before him... and lay him to rest the same as the stalk that the lotus sits upon... as time passes things change as we float in a cosmic sea like lily pads floating along a frog croaking hymns for the insects to become prey as they fly dazzlingly in prayer for it.

Justice is blind... so what have you dimmed your eyes too in wisdom?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There maybe an idea that brains produces dreams but what if people and brains appear within the dream? As well as the idea that there is someone who dreams?

The brain generates the construct of a mind in the dream state. Just as it also generates the construct of a mind in the wakened state. Mind is an illusory construct created by the brain. Both providing the illusion of an autonomous self or separate experiencer.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

I like this very much. That it made me want to giggle for no reason is for me an indicator of it's authenticity.

I once read somewhere about a child who reported having an encounter with an alien. The alien allegedly told him "our reality is God's dream".

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

In relativity, there is a dream that is a bubble that is ones own vehicle, that can be as small as the smallest 0 but then what happens when passing through that very small wormhole on the other side so if one can shrink oneself down to that smallest 0 or void then they can step through and inflate but there is no conceptual present in such a being so sleeping dreaming awake? The conceptual bubble is the dream itself.

But the question to really ask oneself is? How many conceptual bubbles there are here and out there...

So when dreaming where does one think all of these conceptual bubbles take place as creativity? It is not the Hive mind as that leads to a conceptual chaos. In one of extreme order and dictatorship... when one is free then what does one thing they are attached to? All of these conceptual bubbles that are non existent. Except in that hive mind or thought where one single speck or wave length controls the entire hive.

Well the natural order is not one of chaos... it is in that very peace of the void where all things are one and none all sizes non existent. All colors the same out of that void and such is invisibility which is why it is a void empty of all of that concept...

Eventually, All of that starts resolving it itself as simply seeing... and one will see all of these very many different worlds from one tiny little speck as a part of every single thing there is and this is why it is being no one and going no where. Because one is and isn't when one is all things beyond karma... pain only exists when there is an intent to harm after all karma is resolved then there is freedom... it as if air bubbles are issuing forth from the ocean, and have all these conceptual attachments like friction surrounding this bubble.

Of course when this energy strikes the surface where is the friction? Then it separates and becomes part of the new environment in which is was not contacting but was always contacting consciousness is exactly this very same thing. When not attached to any of it then what bubble is there is exist or dream in? Other than all of those still attached seeking to control anything other than not oneself which gets called a memory.

The question then seems that all of this hive mind or quantum foam with a sensation of contact, starts attaching it's as if one is a "neutrino" that passes through all things until all of these surrounding, things start "becoming" a "buddhaland" and well of course since all is energy it is a difficult thing to not collide into all of these different energy streams or wave lengths... this is where all "bardo" states comes from having been a part of every single point of being at one point in time in these different spectrum's of being in the cakra or wheel systems.

"Samsara" is all of those attachments of 3 streams it is not a "me" myself" and "I" There is "knowledge" "concept" and that which attaches is the "I" that becomes that very suffering... the reason being is because we are all "food" and when this energy is released it goes into the dirt and sand as memories some of this is trapped as a spectrum or vector which gets called hungry ghosts as there is always "contact" of course the energy then dissipates into the various worlds from atoms back to their various bonds in "attachment" instead of becoming the "neutrino".

There are many badlands and one can see their judgments of all of those they feel as above and below others... instead of in the very equality where none of this and all of this is separate but obviously never separate in this contact of being.

Except of course in this attachment that gives rise to cause all suffering... if one feels below something then they cannot rise, if they feel above something then they do not want to sink, and if they feel they have risen above all things then is is a constant fight to where ever it is that they thought that they achieved to maintain... which is no different than the worst suffering. Of course death is not suffering birth is and it comes when one thinks they are above all things this is when the "bubble" pops and becoming starts in a new form ones again until one finds harmony and resolve.

Of course, then an awakened land then starts getting invaded by all of those still "asleep" in their own "perfect bubble" of sphere of being with their own light and shadow separate but never apart until ignorance starts tearing everything apart this is known as the concept of "yab yum" or the father mother that births all that was attached in such a state one can hear the void come into existence with others starting to name things, slave, things, call things their own... and yet this ignorance exists in many many universes... of course then they start fanning out in a circle from this "big bang" like a galaxy in this spiral as a "catch all" in self and other validation to bring their conceptual contact of memory and reality from the void into one of chaos once again into the existence of suffering... of course one can choose to take and remove this pain as in entering and becoming the pain so this "galaxy" of living beings does not feel it.

Of course then many radio waves and signals in different wave forms start colliding with the order all ready present that appears as a light and heat or electrons the "me" myself" and "I" split as light shadow and nothing then if one slows down can watch them pass as a wave length on both sides then it starts forming or building strands of these various energies of "becoming" of course these start building or filling in from a gravity well, and once it fills up this is when it is time to shrink back to 0 or void of being... then pull back out where this light and energy once again combine and then attach to a particle as the neutrino that can travel to any point of course...

This solution can become becoming or birth and painful once again, if one does not pass through the weaving of these as above so below wave lengths... so picture this: .................. with two lines going through each of them of course thought becomes .... ... ... . . . .. . .. .. ... . . .. so how is such a thing going to prevent colliding? Well sitting in the void of awareness as ones consciousness passes through it but does not make any contact with it, in such a thing one then becomes all pervasive space. If we think of out solar system or the attachments chasing the "light" attached to it. Then everything starts becoming weighed down as if one becomes the core that all of this wants to attach too... no different than atoms.

If one were to think of a grain of sand then to something else it is an entire world. Like the 2001 black slab and then everything else sort of fractals out from it as a dreamland or confusion as to what that thing is... forming that rainbow sort of effect that that consciousness dwells within and makes contact with in that quantum foam. Of course streaming out from that is the outer limits that gets called the "mind seal" and the consciousness that pulls out away from it... and then slips space instantly into a local galaxy only to rinse and repeat the entire process as that other consciousness, tries to pass over and slip under in thin layers instead of spiraling through like neutrinos.... all of these various vectors are worm holes in which these larger "masses" or lights and wave lengths of energies pass through.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
...what is the sound of one hand clapping?

Psst. The sound of one hand clapping is Silence. One hand clapping doesn't make a sound. So when you are told to contemplate the sound of one hand clapping, you're supposed to contemplate silence.

Those Zen monks are smartasses, aren't they?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join