It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Story Behind Pepe The Frog

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

if the reference to chaos was intentional!

I used to freelance for the ordo malleus

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's even more fun that the third hieroglyph on the statuette is a corrupted "heka" which could be attached to the blood of the gods ... And does it resemble just a bit a double helix?

Curiouser and curiouser.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Not only Khorne but Arioch from Moorcock's Elric.

An albino wielding Stormbringer?

There's some white power for you.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I read a lot of Moorcock when I was young and Elric was not my favorite eternal hero, I never once thought of white power I guess it all just associations.

I was coming more from Dan Abnett's Guants Ghosts etc

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

I read a lot of Moorcock when I was young and Elric was not my favorite eternal hero, I never once thought of white power I guess it all just associations.

I was coming more from Dan Abnett's Guants Ghosts etc

Ah. Associations are the name of the game though.

It's what we hear that we don't realize that we hear.

Anyway, sorry if I diffused the intent here.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Albinism has nothing to do with "race" and is completely unrelated. I don't see what it has to do with white power.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Albinism has nothing to do with "race" and is completely unrelated. I don't see what it has to do with white power.

What is albinism a lack of?

Literally.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes but white power promoters want white babies. A "black" man with albinism for example, while having white skin, will still most likely produce "black" babies.

Albinism while involving white skin, holds no significance to white supremacists. When they say white they don't mean albino. They'd view that as a birth defect, nothing special. It's not the right "shade" of "white", and is white for the wrong reasons to matter to them.

In fact with the white supremacists emphasis on purity and genetic superiority being an albino would probably be a bad thing to them. Don't want no weird genetic anomalies threatening their genetic "superiority."

Also what's any of this have to do with the thread topic? I'm lost again.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I mean no disrespect and I do not want to snipe at each other more, here, but you're approaching the whole thing very linearly --- rationally --- and when we're talking about symbolism, magic, and now the power of images ... You've got to let some of that one-to-one kind of thinking go ... It's more like improvisation than analysis.

PS I was riffing off what Cat was musing about. I'm not suggesting that the alt right are Elric devotees.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm disappointed to find out the computer frog stone thing is way off, if it were accurate would have had really cool implications.

The statue in question may not even be a real antiquity. I cannot find it anywhere in the Egyptian Museum catalogue. Even if it is real, it does not say Kek, it says Heket in hieroglyphics.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
What if the statue is Kek in transgender form?

It needn't be. Kuk/Kek was a dualistic transgender notion already. The feminine form was Kauket. Nobody tell these people they're supporting transgenderism or they'll be triggered!

a reply to: Kantzveldt
And that would simply indicate that their hieroglyph interpretation is wrong regardless. Heket is twisted flax (not magic), hill side (not computer), bread loaf (not table). HQT with the determinative of a woman in this case. But you will notice whoever made this reproduction piece very poorly copied the hillside.

As I am sure you know Kuk/Kauket both mean "darkness" rather than chaos. They existed IN the primordial chaos, but so did 6 other deities. They were represented by frogs and snakes due to chaos being represented by water.

There is a minor god who could be depicted as frog-headed (although he was also depicted as human), whose name was KK and could be interpreted as Kek but more commonly Kuk, who was within the primordial chaos yet was not the god of chaos itself. I really think the whole thing is tenuous at best and indicative of people's need to create beliefs.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

I wonder if the deity you mentioned that's frog headed and living in the primordial chaos was the inspiration for Slaad from the plane of limbo or chaos in D&D terms.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The third glyph on the statuette pictured above is for "h" or "Hh" right? A candle wick?

Perhaps easily confused (or not) with Heka, the deification of "magic force" or to "use or burn the Ka":

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I wonder if the deity you mentioned that's frog headed and living in the primordial chaos was the inspiration for Slaad from the plane of limbo or chaos in D&D terms.

Awesome. Don't forget the Frogloks from Everquest ... (kinda same thing.)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Were they from another dimension as well or is just association by Froggyness?

Course World of Warcraft as an MMO was inspired by Everquests success, wow is connected through Kek, and both have created chaos in the world, even enslaving people with online addiction.

Evercrack and Wowaholics ring any bells?

Some examples of the chaos created in the world by video game addiction, something both WoW and Evercrack topped the charts in.
edit on 9/19/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Were they from another dimension as well or is just association by Froggyness?

Course World of Warcraft as an MMO was inspired by Everquests success, wow is connected through Kek, and both have created chaos in the world, even enslaving people with online addiction.

Evercrack and Wowaholics ring any bells?

Now you're riffin' LOL.

Sure, plenty of bells. The Frogloks were enemies that became playable characters. I have to also note the murloks of WOW.

I'm with you in Old School D&D as well ... red, blue, green slaadi, death slaad, etc.

Does any of that have to do with Pepe, per se?

Who can say? ON another tangent.

I think this might be a bit more realistic depiction of Heket ...

I'm going to be out of my water really quickly in Egyptology ... I'd be the first to admit.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The Frogs is a comic play by Aristophanes. The choir of frogs sings the famous onomatopoeic line: "Brekekekex koax koax.

Frogs in Culture - Wiki

(Emphasis mine.)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

D&D is considered akin to devil worship by some Christian groups, who've posted several odd comics on the issue. Frogs according to your link was in medieval Europe one of the symbols of the devil.

Speaking of D&D, it's recently played a big part in a new show called Strangers Things that also involved another dimension and a weird amphibian like monster antagonist.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

D&D is considered akin to devil worship by some Christian groups, who've posted several odd comics on the issue.

Speaking of D&D, it's recently played a big part in a new show called Strangers Things that also involved another dimension and a weird amphibian like monster antagonist.

Yep ... Demogorgon was the ruler of the Abyss (666 layers of Chaotic Evil alignment) in oldschool D&D.

I haven't gotten to watch Stranger Things yet ... have you?

(Interestingly, Demogorgon also shows up in Paradise Lost by Milton and The Faerie Queen by Spencer ... not Richard Spencer of course.)

Okay. I'm splattering references now. Time for a break. Again, sorry if this has distracted from intent of OP.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Actually right now we're on target, we're finding other possible connections. If you loved 80's movies you'll love Stranger Things. I updated my last post with an interesting connection as well due to your link. I enjoyed Stranger Things myself

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I do appreciate everyone that has stayed on topic for this one. I was much more intrigued by the idea of some internet meme resurrecting an ancient diety, power of the human mind, etc..

Maybe I should have put this topic in a different forum?

either way... The hieroglyphs that looked like a person at a computer made me laugh and then immediately question reality for a minute.

The power of collective thought is very interesting subject and the Internet is an enormous pool of thoughts/intentions.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join