It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Story Behind Pepe The Frog

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's working quite well at making Hillary and party look foolish. Which was the goal. You're all going nuts over a #ing cartoon frog. Do you not see what's happened? Are you all truly that oblivious?

Color me surprised that this is about Clinton.

Do you know who Richard Spencer is? or not?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

A white supremacist and a tool. He's built up something very loosely organized that he really has no notable control of in any real shape or form.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

A white supremacist and a tool. He's built up something very loosely organized that he really has no notable control of in any real shape or form.

Because ... That's what you think?

What's your basis for that statement? How do you know the extent of his influence?
edit on 19-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Sooty? Lol

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
shut up!
lets talk about the elephant in the room that the op posted?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Because in an attempt to bring people in he had to also endorse things about more than white supremacy, quite a lot of things. He's gotten a large number of people under the alt-right banner, and by what I've observed they seem more concerned with trolling and pushing boundaries than anything else. A large chink of his followers seem to be trolling cause they think it's funny. Most of his followers get more out of getting a reaction than anything. They use trolling and baiting tactics to make their opponents trap themselves and look foolish. There are people there that are there because they have friends that KeK and play wow together for crying out loud. He may want to Alt-Right to be about supporting white racism, but that's not why most of his followers seem to be there. They seem to be an exceptionally varied bunch.

Either way, the guy leads an army of trolls, and he's put himself out in the open promoting racist views. Clearly he did this expecting to get noticed. Think of the tactics his group employs. Even if they truly are (which would be scary) an organized group of white supremacists. You all are still clearly falling into a trap and being baited and lured. So why choose to fall into it?

Hillary has been made to look foolish multiple times now pursuing this. It would be best to back off and let them go back to posting stupid frog pics. Hillary vs. the Troll army would make a funny fantasy movie, but it's just absurd in real life.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Now so many people are getting triggered around the web by a green frog, I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon too.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

i said shut up!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

There seems to be some discrepancies between what has been claimed and reality.

Here's the thing though, these websites and memes and such are constantly being posted, their sites are huge. By numbers alone coincidences are going to occur.

It'd be fascinating if real, but we need to figure out the real numbers and chances before we can say any real anomaly has occurred, as fell as separate the trash from the facts.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

yes i know but your discussion about swatikas is off topic

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I posted a pretty long reply, are you completely incapable of giving me the benefit of the doubt and consider that just maybe I was writing that long reply WHILE you wrote four words?
edit on 9/19/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

ok ok i know im lazy to write just that but please lets get back on topic

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I've already posted all I've got on topic. I find it interesting, but sadly not much to discuss. Is depressing really how so many of the more interesting subjects have so little discussion value.

I mean it's interesting. There is some evidence of mind making reality which could be what's happening here.

I'm disappointed to find out the computer frog stone thing is way off, if it were accurate would have had really cool implications.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

yeah but theres the others sincronicities

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yeah but for me that was the big one. It seems their entire ancient Egyptian God thing is an entire misrepresentation, which means the very base of the conspiracy has fallen apart.

The thing is though, it doesn't mean the imagery doesn't have power. The whole thing about mind magic is it alters reality by the power of belief. So even though this information is false, if mind magic is real, that belief it is real can make a real avatar based on those beliefs. A sort of reality affecting "magical" group delusion.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yeah but for me that was the big one. It seems their entire ancient Egyptian God thing is an entire misrepresentation, which means the very base of the conspiracy has fallen apart.

The thing is though, it doesn't mean the imagery doesn't have power. The whole thing about mind magic is it alters reality by the power of belief. So even though this information is false, if mind magic is real, that belief it is real can make a real avatar based on those beliefs. A sort of reality affecting "magical" group delusion.

Years ago I read Walt Whitman's Western guide to Tibetan Buddhism.
There was a whole section on Avatars/Gods and the explanation that praying to specific gods was really about getting your mind in the right shape to deal with the issue at hand. So for example, if you prayed to a big, fearsome god when you felt as though you lacked courage, identifying the traits of that god would gradually bring you to a state where you felt more courageous.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Is same as taking on animal totems.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And what is the net effect of what you're trying to diminish into trolling?

What gets noticed today?

What gets airtime?

What gets perpetuated like a virus (original meaning of meme)?

I'm going to argue again that you're approaching the issue from a linear rational perspective ... And that in this case that is old brain.

White nationalism/alt right is using Pepe like a zombie ant.

But ... Keep on making it about how gullible you think libs are...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Doesn't it just boil down to: don't argue with cartoon frogs or you will end up looking like a cartoon.

Take a higher path, don't feed the trollz attitude

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet

Doesn't it just boil down to: don't argue with cartoon frogs or you will end up looking like a cartoon.

Take a higher path, don't feed the trollz attitude

No the point is you can't argue with a cartoon frog.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

If you want to ruin the effect of Pepe you can't do it by crying about it. It will never work. Do what they do, learn, adapt, or lose.

They as you are claiming trying to make Pepe into a symbol of White Nationalism. Don't let them. Make your own Pepe memes. Memes are used to point out and create absurdities. When you overreact to one, you are in fact promoting it.

Instead make your own Pepe's, instead of letting them turn into into a symbol of hate do the same as they are and do the opposite.

The battlefield has changed, and you all are losing because you're playing by old rules and charging headlong into a battlefield of your enemies design.

Pepe is more than a symbol of white nationalism, he can be used by anyone.

You're just too busy attacking like a rabid dog to see it.

Look at this thread, there's clearly much more to Pepe than simply a symbol of White Nationalism. Some believe he's an eqyptian god reborn for crying out loud. He's also a cute little sing'a'long with a hopping frog. He can be whatever you want him to be. He hasn't been copyrighted.
edit on 9/19/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join