It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Staying in the Light

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Beautifully written. Many of us have been pushed in front of trains, went through soul-ripping betrayals, had our lives pulled out from under us while we fall into the abyss, and really had the hurt put on our hearts and our minds. Oh yeah, I'm angry as hell. I have a huge pantry full of expired garbage that sits there and reminds me daily.

The root of all judgement is to keep us safe. Some of us have really gone through the wringer and we start a knee-jerk reaction regarding judging rather than logical analysis.....because we get tired of getting burned. Yes, it is a series of lessons, but after many decades we get tired of these kinds of lessons and choose to coast in order to heal, and that's where I can say that I am at now. At cruising altitude by myself, while I do a post-mortem forensic examination on how the heck I managed to screw up so badly.

My cupboard is full of junk. Some of that stuff is old and terribly toxic. In the end, the report reads: DEATH FROM NATURAL CAUSES. Nearly all relationships with others have a beginning, a middle and an end. Circle of life, ya know.

Time for some housecleaning. Thank you for the reminder.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

If that's what popped in your mind than you obviously didn't get what I wrote.
Well it happens we're just not on the same wavelength. Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Beautiful thread S69, these videos came to mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Some wise words there Slayer and, even if they weren't, they're good enough to live a life by.

Take a deep breath before acting out of anger or negative thoughts. I recognise and appreciate that some of our deeds will resonate in the years to come and in ways we might never know. Cutting someone up in traffic could create a chain of events that leads to someone being injured. A smile might improve a strangers day. God knows we all have people in our lives whose smiles lift us each morning; it's not beyond belief for a smile to change lives.

Stay in the light and try to be the light...

I love this modern concept/neologism:

Of course, it should go without saying, but I'm a big enough asshole to say it anyway. We're more often like young children who, when asked, are excellent moral compasses. They all know what's right and what things shouldn't be said.

Does it stop them? Not always!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I appreciate all the replies.

I felt moved to post and share this thread with you, my ATS family.

Heres a song sonnny1 used to post from time to time in the mood music thread.

Seems fitting

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Ahh, suffering cannot help but lead the Human back to that which relaxes it: care.

Beautiful post slayer.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I love you.

Today, is a good day to live.....

I love you, too!

And I love this thread and I agree mostly.

Because I believe it's appropriate to get angry and sad about some things.

Like, ITS OK TO BE MAD AND SAD SOMETIMES. Specially when bad things happen.

It's just, how we deal with all of that is pertinent to an inner peace and keeping our integrity intact. I have a lot of anger myself and... I'm having my revenge via art. And via telling the truth. By bringing things into the light. I have to. But I would never ever intentionally hurt another person, though. But if telling you how _I_ feel, because of what happened to me, offends you? Or if simply telling you what happened to me offends you and hurts your feelings? Then so be it. Cause the truth ain't always pretty, and I myself have been deeply offended and my own feelings have been hurt. So I can't really blame anyone else for being offended and in fact I hope people get offended. And I hope it hurts. Cause it'd be appropriate.

So there's that.

But I think there's a way to deal with these things and let go and move on, only after you allow yourself to truly face it. Life is so much more than a bad head space. There's so much more. But it's truthful and realistic that bad things happen sometimes too, so we have to be hurt sometimes. And it's ok.

It's just like radically accepting everything all at once.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I want to be in the light, no secrets, I would like a seat at the table, I want to be amongst my friends considered acceptable by my peers, I thank you for your thread.

I believe that you are correct we can only loose ourselves of our baggage by letting it go, we have to choose freedom, because choice is sacred especially in the darkness. We are mundane, sacred and profane mortal beings aspiring to be something and we can get lost so easily.

Sorry for the woo but I was emotionally moved by this thread and the POV's that posted here.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

Yes ... It is good to create or be allowed a space to express our inner self without judgement
I too am moved by many of the replies yours included

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No one can control the cards they were dealt to by fate, but it is destiny to try to change them.

Vexation of spirit is a waste of time an energy that can fement. As for love...hmm....needy, fragile thing...love. Then again aren't there.many different forms of love?
edit on 17-9-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nice read SLAYER69

Showering the soul with LIGHT* shall illuminate the Souls Conscious journey-
As the Spirits in darkness SHINE BRIGHT
they begin ASCENDING with enlightened LEARNING-
Keeping a BALANCED SOUL is the intention so remain sound in your Belief-
Removing yourselves submerged in darkness, NIRVANA NOW ACHIEVED

NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Beautiful! Thank-you for sharing your wisdom.
Peace and Blessings, for you and your Loved-ones.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

To me this just shows you had an easy life and never got fully knocked out by the universe.
If you knew how it feels to get betrayed, pushed in front of a train and ran over, you could appreciate anger and rage as a necessary first step out of the gutter.

Right now I hate everything and everybody but that makes me try to get in charge over me and my life again, so it's a step forward, because before I only blamed myself and wanted to die.
Joy, laughter, appreciation of life, or light as you call it, surely is something to strive for, but more as long-term goal. Right now "get out of my way, stop lying, or I kill you" as self defence.

Typical first world feel good philosophy for spoiled softies.

OR a 4000 year old philosophy that always remains true regardless of one's financial situation, perception is reality. You have freewill to choose your own perspective of the darkness in your life.

It is your past that holds onto hate. You let something that you can't change dictate your future. You do not have to do this.

edit on 17-9-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It doesn't take anger to fight for what is right. The virtuous fight for what's right simply because there is nothing else worth fighting for.

You don't have to believe in God to believe in a virtuous lifestyle. But anyone who claims to believe in God and makes no effort to be virtuous, I believe that person is mistaken.

Anyone who lives a virtuous life has nothing to worry about in either worldy or heavenly matters.

For everyone that stays in the light knows where they are going.
edit on 17-9-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thank you for this beautiful post.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a most beautiful post

i have no words to describe how the words of the op touched me

where there is High Love
big true healing open cosmic vibrant and eternal love
there is an attraction to love

we can all chime in
and we will generate even more of it

that is when You and I will eventually say and feel WE

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I don't know how all of you didn't get what I was saying, so I try one last time,

From I don't want to live anymore, it's all my fault, it's unbearable, ... anger is a necessary first step to pull yourself out of the pit.

Maybe you've never been to the bottom if you think you can go "into the light" from the darkest hole of mysery. It takes a fight, the desperate kind of rage that makes a wolf bite off it's paw to get out of the trap.

Promoting "joy, love and forgiveness" and condemning all other feelings as valid philosophy to me just shows you really never had any problems. Good for you, but as I said typical first world feel good bs.

Did you ever wonder why Maurizio Cattelan called his golden toilet America? Things like this thread are the reason why and not a single one of you understands why this is actually a huge insult. Well it would be if you would get it, but ...

edit on 18-9-2016 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Hi Peeple ...

Not sure if you are prepared to hear me out but here goes anyway

What you say about anger/hatred potentially being a first step to liberating yourself of the way you feel is true
You obviously know this and excuse me from repreating that.

I will give an example of a real life situation to back up what I believe is your point

I was living as part of a community ... over 30 people living and working together.
One woman in particular was very meek and mild but also a very "nice" and gentle soul
Another woman who was a bit of a loud mouth used to constantly pick on this person
This was noted by the rest of us.

One day we were having a meeting ...
The loud mouth said something underhand to the meek one which was her wont
Anyway in steps another woman and says to the meek one in a firm way
"Tell her ( the loud mouth) what you really think of her"

Everyone present was shocked with the anger that came out ... but though angry what this person (meek) said was the spot on truth ... The loud one was decimated and you could see the guilt on her face
The woman who had promted the meek one to speak up said "At last, now you will never look back"

It was true the meek one became far more outspoken and seemed to blossom whilst the loud one became far more reflective and thoughtful before she spoke

In this case the anger instigated the change that was needed

It is true that that no one should take crap from others

I personaly was always known for being quick tempered
My temper arose because I was deeply unhappy ... I did not like being angry
I felt trapped by circumstances and thought there was no way out
Over the years I have learnt how to say No to that which does not feel right for me
And to speak my mind in a way that may or may not cause offence
My intention is not to offend BUT like a previous poster said ... Sometimes the truth is not very pretty

So Yes anger has it's place ... it can motivate Change
If some one is angry ... rather than condemn that person it is better to try understand the reason's for the anger

I wish you well and I am sure you will find your own way out of what is causing you to be unhappy

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   

dear devil’s advocate

sorry, but i don’t believe a single moment, that what you say is your true opinion.

of course i could be wrong and you might truly be ignorant enough to think that it is not possible to go into the light from the darkest hole of misery (as you wrote in a reply to Isurrender73).

me anyway was once very badly in that darkest of holes. i used to “bite off my paws” ending up not winning one single fight earnestly. as it was, i only hurt myself and it was getting darker and darker yet, no end to not hitting any bottom of any pit. it was just getting worse.

and it was in the deepest blackness that I finally saw some light. “a little dott at the end of the tunnel” as it is so precisely described and as you likely know, it takes total darkness to finally spot that tiny light of contrast to the dark. in no gray matter was it visible to me before.

but ever after spotting it i held onto it and finally found a way to stop damaging myself.

Imagine you tell someone who got framed for murder and sits in the death row your "hold on to the light" thingy. That wouldn't help anybody anything would it? Fight, fight, fight for justice and for freedom, for that you need a certain self confidence and the right amount of anger.

it is exactly that “light thingy” that could help in this situation. where ever you sit and face the worst conditions caused to you by cruelty, it is very unlikely that you can come out of that hole as a fighter coming from the same heart as your violent perpetrator/s.

yes, you need to “fight fight fight for justice and for freedom”, and for that you need a certain selfconfidence and the right amount of anger
yes, you need enough anger to get the strength and momentum to transform yourself and to change your predicaments and circumstances for the better before you understand love.

good for you though for provoking. there always are ways that might need your approach because truly

Just "I forgive you and will die so you can get away with all the devilishly things you did" wouldn't amount to a society I would want to live in. But that's were the 2000 year old lie of heaven comes from. I hate that too.

doesn’t work for anybody

ps:

nearly forgot to thank you for a great thread

you seem pretty cool

edit on 18-9-2016 by lucia2389 because: added a p.s.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Hey there! Don't mistake the positivity of this thread for naivete or shallowness.

I can't speak for everyone else in the thread, but I've certainly hit rock bottom more than once. It's something I have to go through every so often and will be part of my life for as long as I have one. It'd be absurd to think others haven't also hit the rocks too.

The thread's theme is positivity and the work it takes to be good or try to be better. The contention is that trying to be positive (in the light) is more constructive than remaining negative. It isn't denying the downsides of life or preaching that happy thoughts are a panacea for the world's woes. It's saying it's better to not hang on to past resentments and how they can stunt a person's life.

I'm guessing you're not in the mood for that outlook on life and that's fine...you don't have to be. Regardless of how you feel, some of us will continue to try and be positive.

At this point I want to wish you well and add a smiley or something to show that I'm not attacking or condemning your posts. I won't inflict any of that saccharine nonsense on you and simply hope that Sheldon's million-sized pants raises a reluctant smile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join