It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Staying in the Light

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Well aren't you on the path of the true human being? And get this, even
tho I know pride is dispicble in the eyes of God. And as you and I only
know each other mostly here and some what on facebook. I have to
be honest and say I'm proud to know you only as much as the internet
has allowed. We've come close a few times to meeting up. But you know
what? Doesn't matter if we do in this life or not.

SnF

edit on Rpm91816v15201600000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

While this may work for you, people shy away from what they call "dark" emotions too much. There is nothing unhealthy with anger, and such. What is unhealthy is lack of ballance. As Brian May wrote in a song "too much love will kill you". So too much light is bad too, very much so down here near the Ozone hole

I balance my life, and use the appropriate emotions. So I walk in the grey, not the dark, not the light.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Emotions such as anger are thoughts out of control ... You do not control emotion, emotion controls you

Emotion lacks understanding ... it merely reacts like a robot having buttons pressed
As such it is predictable

We all have finer feelings which act as guides but these are often ignored
If so then comes emotion
Not getting your own way is the cause of emotion it can lead from anger to hatred and then physical violence then perhaps regret or self justification such as so called righteous indignation or anger

edit on 19-9-2016 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I am going to have to respectfully disagree, emotions can be controlled, assuming no mental health issue is present. . Emotion is in every aspect of our lives, and the majority of us are not ruled by them.

So there are no bad emotions, just an over abundance of emotions in general. Again too much love will kill you, every time. Not having anger, or guilt is also bad.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I get what you mean about emotion, but the neuroscience of the subject makes it very clear that emotion is present in everything we do: literally, Energy in Motion.

Nothing you pursue mentally (a thought) happens without the smallest affective impulse.

The issue is controlling emotion, clarifying it, understanding the nature of its occurrence and relaxing yourself out of its grip.

Fighting emotion is merely you creating an obstacle within your own consciousness - fighting with yuorself, in short.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Of course we can overcome emotions by reason and intelligence
Understanding the pattern of them, how one thought leads to another

Emotions have a pattern ... like a chain ... if you pick up one link you will get the rest
until the pattern is played out ...
The same emotion will re occur with different circumstances if not understood

My point is to observe one's own thoughts and be their master rather than a slave

As I have said before ... We are not our thoughts ... we are users of thought
We can not control the type of thoughts we receive but we have a choice in how we use them
I do not mean supressing thoughts but understanding them and questioning one's own through reason and intelligence

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Fighting emotion is merely you creating an obstacle within your own consciousness - fighting with yuorself, in short.
a reply to: Astrocyte

I am not advocating fighting emotions but observing them and understanding them through reason and intelligence

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

*hug*

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

As am I.

My point was that 'intelligence' is really just a bloated idea. Do you know what "intelligence" and "thought" seem to be? Inhibition towards coherent organizations. If you pay attention to your self-experience, this description will be apparent; and it also happens to correspond perfectly with what we know about the neurons that make up the various elements of our brain - for instance, the neurons of the dorsal and ventral striatum are 'inhibitory' i.e. regulate the excitatory neurons moving from the nuclei in the brainstem 'upwards'.

When you get a sense of the whole of how our brain evolved and works, its a system of excitation and inhibition, and it seems like 'coherent' mental representations of reality (based on self-awareness of the feeling body) is fundamental to our neurological health - and probably - our entire bodily health as well.

Feeling seems to be what we are ultimately 'made' out of. Each creature gives away its 'feeling reality' - or the 'ecology of feeling relations' i.e. its form of meaning-making, in its physical structure and way of being.

Humans have this mystery of 'knowing that we know' - which is what happens when the nervous system begins to 'map' the awareness of Other Organisms (Humans), and so, begins to map its own awareness of itself.

Intelligence is thus a Godly-like power intrinsically related to responsibility - literally, to be "responsive" to the conditions we encounter, and to respond coherently.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

While this may work for you, people shy away from what they call "dark" emotions too much. There is nothing unhealthy with anger, and such. What is unhealthy is lack of ballance. As Brian May wrote in a song "too much love will kill you". So too much light is bad too, very much so down here near the Ozone hole

I balance my life, and use the appropriate emotions. So I walk in the grey, not the dark, not the light.

Sorry but who taught you this? Anger as most human beings will experience it, projected towards an object(typically another human or the perceived self) is not a healthy habit and will not lead to any balance in life. It arises due to unchecked inner turmoil. So, anger is only a symptom of the underlying root causes.

If one can manage to channel anger without a focused object, without turmoil, which is a common but advanced Yoga practice it can lead to a positive realization, anger in essence is just intensity and intensity can be a tool for transformation.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Omnik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I would not disagree with any of what you wrote ... it is interesting to hear your perspective

I admire science though I am not a scientist by any stretch of the imagination
But I was thinking today that Ideas and imagination are a fore runner to knowledge
What I mean is a scientist may come up with a idea perhaps based on observation and then do the hard work of research and experiment and get the expected result the idea held
Or even find through investigating an idea that the opposite is true or shades inbetween

Scientist dedicate life times to their passion some never find what they are searching for

Verification is key ... and can add the weight of proof
Alternatvely mental verification regarding matters of belief do occur yet this is impossible to prove to another unless that other had lived one's life and experienced what one had

I know intuition works ... I have experienced it
Knowing something that logic says one could not know

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Omnik

Yes. Basically, we should work towards eliminating things that anger us in the first place. We should work towards preventing that anger from ever arising. For instance... if someone rapes your kid? I should hope you would get angry about it. However, we should work towards creating an environment where kids don't get raped in the first place... so then, nobody has to get angry about it.

Instead of "treating symptoms," we should all be working towards eliminating the root causes that birth those symptoms in the first place.

For instance... if drinking dirty water gives you diarrhea? Then change/control your environment so that you drink cleaner water. This is exactly the same situation as the rape example, where the diarrhea is like the physical manifestation of your body getting angry, and dirty water is the rape. The diarrhea is entirely appropriate, just like the anger over raped children, and we can change our environment in order to PREVENT the diarrhea from ever happening.

And there you have it. Yes, anger IS appropriate. But it's there for a reason... too. It's telling us, just like the diarrhea, that something is wrong and we need to change/fix it... did I go too deep, too far?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I hope to continue to be angry when some injustice or bad deed is done - whether it affects me or a total stranger or group of people.

I would get very worried if I stopped getting angry. It would mean that I do not care what happens around me and that I no longer consider myself to be an active element in making our society a better place.

As one poster correctly pointed out, we need to look at the cause of the anger and make sure that these events do not happen.

Suffering must be met with appropriate reaction and anger is part of the energy that purifies and cleans.

We need to be both warrior and benevolent king.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I don't feel you understand emotions or intelligence very well by these statements neighbour. Sorry all I am seeing is some very dogmatic Abrahamic ideas, which may be my bias

Can you demonstrate "emotions have a pattern" directly?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Omnik

Life (experiences) taught me this, my gods (gnosis) taught me this. My combat instructors taught me this

Anger allows us to survive certain situations, being passive is not a healthy habit either. Moderation of these things is a healthy habit. Anger is in us for a reason, as are the other so called dark emotions. Jealousy allows us to strive to do better, grief allows us to process.

The ideas of dark and light emotions are very dualistic, when the world is shades of many colours. I'm not into new age ideas, rather I'm into old age, as in Pre-Christian pagan ones.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Scientist dedicate life times to their passion some never find what they are searching for

Von Goethe described how science MUST be done if it is to make progress i.e. what has been called the intuitive way of knowing.

Sometimes, science shows how delusional we are; at other times, popular scientific views (neo-darwinism) prevent the emergence of the truth that all organisms are coherently organized and 'quantum coherent' at the most fundamental level.

Quantum biology, for instance, is showing how utterly improbable even photosynthesis is without quantum mechanics making the whole system work.

Science is a 'bottom-up' approach to truth, whereas traditional spirituality - not everything, but the core which experiences a unity - would be 'top-down'.

I think everyone should seek to bring both views into their understanding without becoming too consumed with either perspective i.e. material, or, conversely, a fanciful idealism that depends upon non-empirical methods to make their claims.

This isn't to say that either Indian philosophies or Kabbalistic ideas aren't true, just that we shouldn't 'jump to the end', make claims that appear incoherent to others, and so, unconsciously project our own needs onto Others.

Who would deny that making assertions feels good? Sometimes, I find that those most guilty of this bias are those people most convinced about how reality works.

I believe we will ultimately find and discover deep relations between mind and matter, but I think it's prideful and not particularly conducive for conversation and cooperation to make claims without the empirical evidence to back it up.

This, I find, is what the Dalai Lama understands. In one of his earliest books about science and mysticism with the philosopher Fransciso Varela, he made "wild" claims about Buddhist monks who would fly around their monestaries - insisting that this was true.

He no longer makes these claims, not because he doesn't believe it, but because it is not relevant to the state of our present human knowledge.

If we just relax ourselves, and not feel the need to persuade people of something that we and our intellectual history can "make coherent", we'll find ourselves more able to push our specie forward, based, as it is, on the simple reality that we evolved around one another, and thus are fundamentally tied into one another.

So lets keep developing the 'bottom-up' theory upwards (science), even as those people more awakened to the significance of consciousness understand that there is 'top-down' perspective as well, contained in the spiritual traditions of all the great religions (kabbalah, gnosticism, sufism, vedanta, shamanism etc).

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I suggest you observe your own thoughts regarding patterns of thought
IE How wanting your own way is a prime cause of emotion

Alternatively how your bias is a form of censoring ideas you do not like

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Your dogma is about to get hit by a Karma neighbour.

I am expressing an idea you can't understand, and when I disagree with you, you tell me I am censoring my thoughts? Who is censoring what? You are advocating censoring of emotions, rather than understanding and moderating them.

Here is a hint. I'm a Scientist by profession, have been for decades. I'm also a Neopagan. Specifically a Reconstructionist Druid and Gaelic Reconstructionist Heathen. My thought processes, morals etc are most likely different than yours. SO chances are I have different ideas.

Oh last hint.

It is i.e. ir ie not IE
English is a tricky language old bean, you should not need a colonial like myself to tell you that

So take your new age thought processes with you thanks. They don't apply to everyone

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You're being vague, and that's simply uncool.

Maybe you think being ambiguous makes you look more intelligent. But I don't think it does; from my biased perception/viewpoint form of censoring ideas I do not like, that is.

And from what I can see, Noinden is the one who understands human thought/emotion better than most. And I want to simply reinforce them here, because I think you are confusing matters almost purposely... and that's not for the better of mankind. Once again, in my biased form of censoring ideas I do not like, that is.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Of course I am biased, I am a human, and this is not an objective scientific discussion. Mind you artistpoet seems to bot to be able to seek much ballance in their life, and that is challenging to them

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join