It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your occupation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Cool Thread My Illinois Brother!
In the past I did Irrigation Systems, Residential and Commercial.
College for Automotive Tech., and Mechanical Technology Design.
Then was a Shop Worker; Metals Machinist, Assembler, Welder, Fabricator.

After 5 blown Disks and 4 back surgeries I am on Disability, hopefully not forever...

Currently I am a Dragon flying around the Inter-Webs...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Retail

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I am a pathologist. I used to cut up dead people, but now I have a desk job diagnosing cancer (or hopefully diagnosing 'cancer free'!!!) with a microscope.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I had my journeymans card in 4 years & my limited state license in 6. To tell the truth, I loathe electrical work. Very good at it , except I have 3 older brothers in the same trade. Perpetual little brother syndrome is what I suffered from the most. lol. I got job burn out and I have a wife that would let me try to succeed at anything I wanted to. So I started my own little home renovation company and have been happy ever since. Happy pays way less than my electrical job. a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Exotic dancer.

What was your stage name?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I am a journalist, currently working for an NGO in Lebanon.
I love helping people, but my colleagues are jealous of me, and they don't like me.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Exotic dancer.

Sin-a-buns

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First job was car mechanic from 16-18, in that time became an industrial engineer for Ebarra (water pumps), 18-22yo. then got an great opportunity to work for the RAF on a "secret base" in Scotland installing Scram Jets and detonation wave engine's (no specified air craft) not allowed to say :-(
You can guess if you want?

Was let go.

Recently been updating my moving/handling training, Batista course(coffee) first aid training, and working at The Range.
edit on 16-9-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I've been a stay at home mom my whole adult life.
My husband and I have been married for 20 years this October.
I had my daughter very young, I was 17.
Married my current husband when she was 4. He helped me raise her as if she were his own.
She's now 24.
I was excited to finally have some freedom to do whatever I wanted (even if that choice was to do absolutely nothing
)
But our daughter got pregnant young as well. Although we did everything in our power to prevent her from making the same mistakes I did when I was younger.
She was 18 when the baby was born. The biological father was in prison.
We could tell immediately that she was not very maternal.
We've been taking care of him in every way from the beginning. Even before he was born, we were the ones preparing for his arrival.
After 3 years of her taking no responsibility for her own son, she finally admitted to us that she didn't feel a motherly connection to him and wanted us to adopt him.
So that's what we did.
He calls us mommy and daddy, and calls her momma. Very strange indeed lol.
However she's got deep issues, and is in an abusive relationship and rarely comes around.
She never calls to even check on him.
My hope is she will one day wake up, but she's 24, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
So here I am, at 41, doing the kid thing all over again.
And let me tell you, raising a child these days is so much more different than when I raised my daughter in the 90's and 00's.
I find myself a little resentful towards her because she is living her life carefree, and this was supposed to be my carefree time. But I guess my purpose in this life was to raise children.

He's a good boy. He says that because my belly was broken (I had to have a hysterectomy at age 25) that God used his Mommas belly as a means to get him to my husband and I.
My husband is a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Sales, Marketing, and meeting management. Also he has an Associates in Travel Sales.
He doesn't even work in that industry at all. Nothing to with it whatsoever. LoL
Now he works as a chemical operator at a plant here in Charleston SC.
But we're still paying on his college loans. It's ridiculous.
We need more Trade Classes in our schools. Each individual is different, and not all want to attend a strict structured 4 year college with a hefty price tag that you'll be paying for years and years after you receive your diploma.
I also have rheumatoid arthritis and Lupus, so I am very fortunate to be able to stay home.
If I had to list a talent, if I had my wish for a profession, it would be a writer. I would love to write a book that became a bestrong seller. I just never know how or where to start.

Edit to add, I did have my own cleaning business way back in 2002 to 2005 but we moved so I had to end that business. Also I've worked in fast food, telemarketing and other odds and ends that didn't require any real responsibility from me.
Anyway, that's my story.

edit on Jpm9000000pmFri, 16 Sep 2016 13:25:58 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: Typos

edit on Jpm9000000pmFri, 16 Sep 2016 13:36:51 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

edit on Jpm9000000pmFri, 16 Sep 2016 13:37:43 -050016 13 by Mjab6910 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just a lowly fed who enjoys being entertained on his lunch break, ATS style.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Web developer, programmer, and game Dev on the side.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm a full time deplorable

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: ganjoa

"living debt free on my meager social security and looking forward to expatriating somewhere with universal health care."

I liked Belize. The Cayman Islands are realy nice. But Money went much further in Peru.

How hard is it to move to Peru? Is it safe? How much can you stretch your money?
Just curious.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Chesty LeRue.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I'm Cisco, CCNA

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I do alarms, remote starts, custom sound systems, factory integration, custom leather, anything electrical or electronic with cars

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Me and my older brother work together to, it's awesome working with my brother.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mjab6910

OK stay at home mom is a full time job of the highest respect

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Electronics Engineer and Scientist on Military Power Supplies,

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

I heard of someone like that once in the 80's.

Only he called himself a Comma Chameleon.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Writer: television scripts, columnist, newspaper reporter.

Also an international tour director.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join