It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Coast faces Gas Shortages After Pipeline Leak

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Vector99

CNN wasn't being over dramatic. Your first source leads to a title on another site saying a state of emergency was declared on one of the states.

When you need to circumvent regulations set in place, you have to have an emergency. They wouldn't have been able to get approval for bypassing DOT regulations regarding transporting HAZMAT otherwise.

The scary part is a fatigued driver with 4.5 tons of a highly volatile substance in tow.

No state of emergency. And no, it is not a matter of "HAZMAT" regulations. All truckers are limited to hours by the Department of Transportation .Whether you are carrying peanut butter or jet fuel. To cut down on accidents of truckers falling asleep.If you want to run longer , all you need is a second driver.
They have relaxed (not removed) this limitation a bit. Doesnt take a state of emergency

Atlanta , Georgia here (not far from Savannah)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I have a CDL, I'm very familiar with the regulations. A state of emergency isn't necessarily required, but if you want the process to be expedited it's a smart response.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
a reply to: Vector99
Letter?
Like the CIA?

No, like custom license plates.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm still open to a conspiracy angle. The reports said there were two pipelines that ran in parallel.
Wouldn't they do that so if one pipeline failed the other could be used?
Sort of like this system they are using to get water out of the river.

33°27'45.9"N 86°17'27.53"W

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm definitely curious on the timing of such though, and why no MSM has reported this from what I have heard. We need ground pounders to find out details of these types of situations.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGlitchyNinja
ABC not MSM?
abcnews.go.com...

edit on 9/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheGlitchyNinja
ABC not MSM?
abcnews.go.com...

Nice! Thanks, last I knew there wasn't anything on it yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
In N. Alabama, gas stations are running out of gas. When you find a station with gas, it has a line wrapped around it. I haven't seen mass hysteria like this since I went through a hurricane and the city ran out of gas in Florida. Lucky me, I don't really NEED to go anywhere for the weekend. Think I'll stay put and watch it on the news.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Gov. Nikki Haley declared a state of emergency here in SC ahead of possible gas shortages.

While I was in town earlier today, gas prices had indeed gone up by 20 to 25 cents a gallon. I paid $1.99 per gallon at the pump today. Just a few days ago it was around $1.76 a gallon. I went ahead an topped off my tank.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Anyone know what conglomerate owns the petrol product running through the colonial pipes? RT had a very solid article about it here www.rt.com...
edit on 16-9-2016 by TheGlitchyNinja because: Changed question to be more clear.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Gas piplelines share suppliers. Raw gas goes in one end from any refiner, and it's metered out the other end. They don't get the exact same gas back, it's all mixed together....the American Way!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Gas piplelines share suppliers. Raw gas goes in one end from any refiner, and it's metered out the other end. They don't get the exact same gas back, it's all mixed together....the American Way!

Ah, okay. Thanks fox

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Damn!! Gas here is around $2.45 to $2.55. Thats without any delivery or pipeline problems.
i would love for gas to under $2 here. NW Oregon btw.

lucky you.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ishum

Really.
Waah. Boo hoo.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In some of my area FB groups they are already freaking out. There are stations without gas, and prices have gone up. I live on the KY/TN border.

Thinking out loud here, would a Military installation run out of gas due to something like this? Or would they make sure to stay supplied? How else would their soldiers get to work?

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ishum
a reply to: eriktheawful

Damn!! Gas here is around $2.45 to $2.55. Thats without any delivery or pipeline problems.
i would love for gas to under $2 here. NW Oregon btw.

lucky you.

Believe it or not, back in 2008 gas prices peaked at $4.10 a gallon here. I thought I would never see it below 2 dollars a gallon again in my life time.

I was very wrong, and happy to be that wrong as prices dropped steeply after that.

In fact, at one point we had a gas station here selling gas as low as 87 cents a gallon as a promotional stunt for their grand opening. It even hit the local news (this was back at the end of 2008):

87 cents a gallon in Aiken

It actually started a price war with 3 other gas stations on that road, ehehehehe.

They all ended up having to stop it though if I remember right because it was causing very bad traffic problems on the road (all the cars sitting on the street in line) which is very busy with people going back and forth to work and school.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: spartanwarrior

Most military facilities keep reserves of fuel on their bases, depending upon what is located at the base and what they do.

Military personnel either live on the base, or outside of it depending on things like their marital status and rank. If you live off base, you're responsible for getting back and forth yourself.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm really just bumping this back up since I didn't hear about this till today when my son suggested we fill up the tank on the car, so just thinking that there may be others that haven't been paying attention also. hopefully they will fix the problem in a timely manner.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Who wants to bet in 2 weeks this will be resolved.

Crisis and emergency my ass.

It's simply a situation that already has contingency plans in place, and the general public won't be affected very much, if at all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join